PDA

View Full Version : most pleasant surprise in the bullpen so far.

JermaineDye05
04-11-2007, 09:12 PM
who do you think?

Scottiehaswheels
04-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Aardsma/Sisco/Masset... all a toss-up

The Immigrant
04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Aardsma. He's been nails. Further proof that Jim Hendry is a buffoon.

JB98
04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Aardsma. I wasn't really optimistic after the spring he had, but he has been SHARP so far in regular-season play. Not only good, but dominating at times.

chisoxfanatic
04-11-2007, 09:15 PM
I'd have to say I'm LOVING what I'm seeing from Aardsma. He seems to have a ton of composure, which has led him to only allowing three hits and one run in his seven pitched innings. If this continues, this trade will be another gem by KW.

sox1970
04-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I picked MacDougal only because it looks like he has legitimate closer stuff. If Jenks goes down, I have no worries handing the ball to MacDougal in the 9th.

delben91
04-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Aardsma has been lights out, but the biggest surprise for me has been Masset. That outing last week after Buehrle got nailed was amazing.

Whitesox029
04-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Aardsma is the most pleasant surprise for sure because he'll be more useful at the moment, but Masset is the biggest surprise.
:ozzie
"This kid's gonna be real good."

Soxfest
04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Masset saved pen 1st 3 games!

Sargeant79
04-11-2007, 09:41 PM
While Masset has done the most that was above and beyond the call of duty, I expected him to do well. I thought Aardsma would be in AAA by mid-May and he was been stellar. He gets my vote.

fusillirob1983
04-11-2007, 11:23 PM
I think Aardsma has been the most impressive, but I thought Sisco was the biggest surprise. I wasn't expecting him to perform how he has.

SoxFan64
04-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Masset has my vote. We were lacking in strong long relief last year and so far Masset has done the job, esp. when Buehrle went down.

FireMariotti
04-12-2007, 04:21 AM
Aardsma by far. At first, I thought the deal for him was more just to get Cotts out of here ASAP, but I think he and Danks may turn out to be the biggest pick-ups of this offseason.

Not to take anything away from Sisco. He has been solid thusfar. I thought this guy was junk when he was with KC, but he has proved me wrong.

IlliniSox4Life
04-12-2007, 06:08 AM
Honestly, the most surprising thing to me is how Kenny has managed to build one of, if not the, best bullpens in baseball for practically nothing.

I mean, we traded McCarthy for Masset, but we got Danks too. Danks-McCarthy seems to be a wash at this moment, with both of them doing pretty well, and too early to tell exactly what direction either is going in. So we basically got Masset for free.

Also, we traded Gload for Sisco. Gload was much loved, and I was sad to see him go, but a guy with what Sisco has been showing is worth way more than a backup first baseman.

We didn't give up anybody really to get the other guys, unless I'm missing something. If Gload is the biggest loss to build this bullpen through pretty much all trades and no free agent signings in just over 2 years, Kenny has pulled off something amazing.

soxinem1
04-12-2007, 07:05 AM
I vote for all of them, as they have worked well in tandem so far. But take caution, we are only a week into the season.

Murphy10
04-12-2007, 07:34 AM
I'd definitely have to go with Aardsma

White City
04-12-2007, 07:52 AM
I went with MacDougal because he looks like 1B in the closer role right now. That is HUGE to have.

Steelrod
04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Mark Salas!
A great guy. Eases the pain of losing Man Soo.

Zisk77
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
I say aardsma. If beurhle walks at the end of the year, I think Masset joins the starting rotation next year.

soxfan13
04-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I would say Massett, he hasnt been lights out but has been pretty steady for a rookie. Reason I would not vote Aardsma is that a few Cub fans I know hated the trade that brought us Aardsma and gave them Cotts. Their report was Aardsma had alot higher ceiling then Cotts. They are especially hating the trade early going:cool:

SBSoxFan
04-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I went with Aardsma because it looked like he wouldn't even make the team with about a week left in spring training.

sox1970
04-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I went with Aardsma because it looked like he wouldn't even make the team with about a week left in spring training.

Proof once again that if you train in Arizona, decide on your roster before you get there and stick with it.

Hitmen77
04-12-2007, 10:57 AM
I would say Massett, he hasnt been lights out but has been pretty steady for a rookie. Reason I would not vote Aardsma is that a few Cub fans I know hated the trade that brought us Aardsma and gave them Cotts. Their report was Aardsma had alot higher ceiling then Cotts. They are especially hating the trade early going:cool:

IIRC, Aardsma had much better numbers with the Cubs towards the end of the year last year and that his season stats reflected a poorer showing earlier in the season. I may be wrong about that, but that is what I seem to remember noting just after the Sox made the trade.

In voting for this poll, I found it difficult to rate Sisco because I haven't seen much of him yet.

SBSoxFan
04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Proof once again that if you train in Arizona, decide on your roster before you get there and stick with it.

Right. It's nice to see some surprises along the way too, like Ozuna in '05 and Logan last year. Although the latter hasn't ended so well yet.