PDA

View Full Version : "we are chicago baseball"

rbeze09
04-11-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm assuming other people have noticed this, but i haven't noticed anyone posting anything about it. When I made the first of my daily visits to whitesox.com today I noticed that the headline at the top no longer says "back to the grind", it says "we are chicago baseball". I thought this was unnecessary, but I was wondering how other people felt. I was fired up the first time I saw the "back to the grind" slogan.

JB98
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm assuming other people have noticed this, but i haven't noticed anyone posting anything about it. When I made the first of my daily visits to whitesox.com today I noticed that the headline at the top no longer says "back to the grind", it says "we are chicago baseball". I thought this was unnecessary, but I was wondering how other people felt. I was fired up the first time I saw the "back to the grind" slogan.

I love "We are Chicago baseball." It's in my .sig file on my personal e-mail account.

skobabe8
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Weird. What does it all mean???????? :o:

anewman35
04-11-2007, 09:04 PM

"We are Chicago baseball" is also on the pocket schedules, and on some of the new billboards. It seems like we basically have three different marketing campaigns this year ("Back To The Grind", "We Are Chicago Baseball", and "The Southside Chicago Board Of Tourism"). I personally think "Back To The Grind" is kind of lame, so I'd be happy if it faded away.

TheOldRoman
04-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Put me in the camp of loving "We are Chicago baseball" and hating "back to the grind".

JB98
04-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I thought "Sox Pride" was the best slogan in recent memory, but I really like "We are Chicago baseball" as well.

The Immigrant
04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
The Kids Can Play?

chisoxfanatic
04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I think it's a subtle marketing jab at that minor league team 8 miles north. I like it.

IronFisk
04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
I think it's a subtle marketing jab at that minor league team 8 miles north. I like it.

Subtle? Call that a hearty UP YOURS!

Personally, it ROCKS!

35th&Florida
04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Dont like it...."back to the grind" appealed alot more to the blue collar nature at the core of white sox fandom... hope its a glitch from the IT team spilling drinks on their laptops after J-Dizzle's bomb to tie it up at 3...

gaelhound
04-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Dont like it...."back to the grind" appealed alot more to the blue collar nature at the core of white sox fandom... hope its a glitch from the IT team spilling drinks on their laptops after J-Dizzle's bomb to tie it up at 3... "The South shall rise again!"

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
I personally like the Thome billboard on I-294 NB near Northlake:

"I didn't come here to HEAR about championships."

I love the Chicago Baseball theme. If you notice, this comes out with the Sox Vision from the team and on the website - they are going after the baseball fan....not the stadium enthusiast that gets drawn to 1060 W Addison.

HotelWhiteSox
04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Not a huge fan. I think Comcast Sportsnet uses it too

Vernam
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I think it's a subtle marketing jab at that minor league team 8 miles north. I like it."They" are Chicago . . . futility? :wink:

I almost got run over yesterday by a city bus with the "We Are Chicago Baseball" slogan on the side. It was part of an ad featuring Tadahito that had some Japanese characters (which I assume translate to "Just") followed by the word "Win."

Vernam

chisoxfanatic
04-11-2007, 10:20 PM

I love the Chicago Baseball theme. If you notice, this comes out with the Sox Vision from the team and on the website - they are going after the baseball fan....not the stadium enthusiast that gets drawn to 1060 W Addison.

There is one near Cermack & Halsted which reads something like "We have 9 more ring fingers left" with Konerko on it. I think these are some decent pieces of marketing.

I wish the Blackhawks would take note of the Sox marketing style and not do horrible ads such as "Radim Vrbata is a Blackhawk...And CRAFTY!"

JB98
04-11-2007, 10:22 PM
There is one near Cermack & Halsted which reads something like "We have 9 more ring fingers left" with Konerko on it. I think these are some decent pieces of marketing.

I wish the Blackhawks would take note of the Sox marketing style and not do horrible ads such as "Radim Vrbata is a Blackhawk...And CRAFTY!"

That's false advertising. A more accurate ad would be "Radim Vrbata is a Blackhawk....And SOFT!!!!" :cool:

chisoxfanatic
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
That's false advertising. A more accurate ad would be "Radim Vrbata is a Blackhawk....And SOFT!!!!" :cool:

Hahaha! And, instead of "Adrian Aucoin is a Blackhawk...And a LEADER," it should've been "Adrian Aucoin is a Blackhawk...And always pulling his GROIN!" :cool:

theoakwoody
04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Not that I am much of a hockey fan but I have found the Blackhawks ads confusing. Why are a couple of the words in each ad different colors. Its like they are trying to have a secret message within the add but it doesn't mean anything.

Sucks for Tallon that Wirtz won't shell out the money to sign a real # 1 pick.

JB98
04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Hahaha! And, instead of "Adrian Aucoin is a Blackhawk...And a LEADER," it should've been "Adrian Aucoin is a Blackhawk...And always pulling his GROIN!" :cool:

Oh, Adrian Aucoin is a leader. He leads the team in being on the ice for goals against, as evidenced by his -22 rating in limited action.:D:

FedEx227
04-11-2007, 10:32 PM

I saw the same one coming back from school today on Ogden Avenue just before 355 in Lisle.

Not that I am much of a hockey fan but I have found the Blackhawks ads confusing. Why are a couple of the words in each ad different colors. Its like they are trying to have a secret message within the add but it doesn't mean anything.

No, it's called design. If it was all the same color it would be dull and nothing would stand out. Thus they color one of the words so it brings your attention towards the text.

chisoxfanatic
04-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Oh, Adrian Aucoin is a leader. He leads the team in being on the ice for goals against, as evidenced by his -22 rating in limited action.:D:

Of course, it's gonna be hard to have a positive +/- rating when you're paired with Jassen "I Scored Two Past Khabibulin This Season" Cullimore for half the season. :wink:

DSpivack
04-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Of course, it's gonna be hard to have a positive +/- rating when you play for the Chicago Blackhawks.

There, I fixed it for ya.

chisoxmike
04-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I liked the idea of "Back to the grind" but they were spewing out a lot in those ads about 2005. The "2006 was to lure opponents to a false sense of security" was really really lame and "Party like its 2005" was stupid.

They had a lot of backing those ads up to do. They also seemed to take away from the "theres more to achieve" thing that I think is more important to this franchise.

My other problem with some of them was the "85 Bears mentality" Thats the last thing I want the 05 Sox to become. A one and done championship that people pathetically talk about for the next 20 years like it happened last season all the while the team is doing jack ****.

I love the "we are Chicago baseball." For years you would never see the Sox identifying themselves with the entire city. Now, you see their ads with the skyline. They are really trying to bring home the fact that they are a winning baseball team that this city should rally behind. Rather than some pathetic losing team that always people flock to for some reason.

DumpJerry
04-12-2007, 08:04 AM
The "we are Chicago baseball" is on the magnetic schedules handed out during the Tribe series. I loved it. Really shoves it to Skottyj's favorite baseball team.

doublem23
04-12-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm a big fan of the header on the Spanish version of the main site...

soxinem1
04-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I like it and it is sure better than some of the 'great' themes of the past, like:

"The Hawk wants you!'
'Anything can happen'
'The stars come out at night'

But 'Back to the grind' needs to come to a grinding halt.

Zisk77
04-12-2007, 12:49 PM
How about:

We are the the Chicago white sox and your not, Sucks to be you!

or

Team Chicago White Sox _ _ _ _ Yeah! :redneck (Think movie "Team America")

Corlose 15
04-12-2007, 12:57 PM
How about:

We are the the Chicago white sox and your not, Sucks to be you!

or

Team Chicago White Sox _ _ _ _ Yeah! :redneck (Think movie "Team America")

Well, if they're going to be in your face in their adds they most likely should use correct grammar. :cool:

Iron Dragon2
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Well, if they're going to be in your face in their adds they most likely should use correct grammar. :cool:
LOL!

WhiteSox5187
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
I love the "we are Chicago baseball." For years you would never see the Sox identifying themselves with the entire city. Now, you see their ads with the skyline. They are really trying to bring home the fact that they are a winning baseball team that this city should rally behind. Rather than some pathetic losing team that always people flock to for some reason.
Actually they tried that when Reisendorf and Einhorn first bought the team. Einhorn was saying, once he was through calling the White Sox and Bill Veeck and classless team, that he wanted to market the Sox as "Chicago's American League team, not the Southside team." And that didn't turn out too well.

Speaking of which, what happened to Einhorn? I remember in the mid-1990s or early 1990s the Sox did some sort of market research and it came back as like "Einhorn should never talk to the media again." Does anyone else remember this?

Nellie_Fox
04-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Einhorn was saying, once he was through calling the White Sox and Bill Veeck and classless team...How about at least being fair. That's not what he said. He said they were going to run "a first-class operation" and Veeck took that as saying that he hadn't run one. Einhorn never called Veeck or the team "classless."

ws05champs
04-12-2007, 05:09 PM
To Sox fans "We are Chicago Baseball" probably seems obvious and mundane. But for Cubs fans it is probably a revelation of epic proportions. The simplicity of the message should really strike a cord in the simple minds of the Cubs fans - The Sox are baseball in Chicago and the Cubs are not.

doublem23
04-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I guess I'm on the unpopular train here, but why does everything about the Sox somehow have to relate to the Cubs? Look, I understand that the Sox and Cubs compete directly for money, media coverage, and just about everything else in Chicagoland (obviously), but if we're going to chastise fans for having a "Cub-centric" viewpoint, why don't we hold the organization itself more accountable when it unveils a marketing strategy that appears to have been inspired by the fact that the Sox still feel the need to emerge out of the Big, Blue Shadow on the North Side.

I'm not saying that was the intention... Maybe the Sox marketing staff decided to go with the slogan because of Chicago's "working class" and "blue collar" stereotypical attitudes and that's the kind of "grinderball" game the Sox have been promoting for now 3 seasons. But the ad is an obvious slap at the Cubs; one that is unnecessary, IMO. WE WON THE FRIGGIN' WORLD SERIES.

Look, I'm not above the average, "Cubs suck joke," and I did think that billboard that used to be up by Wrigley that said "Real Baseball: 11 miles south" (though I think that was an ad for ESPN Radio) was funny, but to build your entire marketing plan around a slogan that essentially admits that we still feel somehow inferior to the Cubs is just the same old crap that gets threads tossed in WTS?

I personally liked the "We Still Have 9 More Ringer Fingers" ads. Witty and they highlight the White Sox's accomplishments without being so brazen as the 2001 "It's Time" crap (that ultimately looked incredibly stupid when the Sox barely finished above .500 and in 3rd place that season).

You want to beat the Cubs? Then just ignore them.

JB98
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I guess I'm on the unpopular train here, but why does everything about the Sox somehow have to relate to the Cubs? Look, I understand that the Sox and Cubs compete directly for money, media coverage, and just about everything else in Chicagoland (obviously), but if we're going to chastise fans for having a "Cub-centric" viewpoint, why don't we hold the organization itself more accountable when it unveils a marketing strategy that appears to have been inspired by the fact that the Sox still feel the need to emerge out of the Big, Blue Shadow on the North Side.

I'm not saying that was the intention... Maybe the Sox marketing staff decided to go with the slogan because of Chicago's "working class" and "blue collar" stereotypical attitudes and that's the kind of "grinderball" game the Sox have been promoting for now 3 seasons. But the ad is an obvious slap at the Cubs; one that is unnecessary, IMO. WE WON THE FRIGGIN' WORLD SERIES.

Look, I'm not above the average, "Cubs suck joke," and I did think that billboard that used to be up by Wrigley that said "Real Baseball: 11 miles south" (though I think that was an ad for ESPN Radio) was funny, but to build your entire marketing plan around a slogan that essentially admits that we still feel somehow inferior to the Cubs is just the same old crap that gets threads tossed in WTS?

I personally liked the "We Still Have 9 More Ringer Fingers" ads. Witty and they highlight the White Sox's accomplishments without being so brazen as the 2001 "It's Time" crap (that ultimately looked incredibly stupid when the Sox barely finished above .500 and in 3rd place that season).

Here's the way I look at it: The Cubs and their fans have been belittling us for years with their attendance jokes and other shenanigans. Now that we have the upper hand, why not rub it in their faces?

WhiteSox5187
04-12-2007, 06:26 PM
How about at least being fair. That's not what he said. He said they were going to run "a first-class operation" and Veeck took that as saying that he hadn't run one. Einhorn never called Veeck or the team "classless."
Oh...well I still don't like Einhorn!:redneck

vegyrex
04-12-2007, 07:11 PM

That one was embarrassing.

You want to beat the Cubs? Then just ignore them.Hard to ignore them when you're constantly being reminded in print, television, radio, and the internets that the cubs ARE Chicago's "beloved" team.

Nellie_Fox
04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Hard to ignore them when you're constantly being reminded in print, television, radio, and the internets that the cubs ARE Chicago's "beloved" team.And whenever someone finds out you're from Chicago, they say "I'll bet you're a big Cubs fan, huh?"

pinwheels3530
04-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Here's the way I look at it: The Cubs and their fans have been belittling us for years with their attendance jokes and other shenanigans. Now that we have the upper hand, why not rub it in their faces?

I totally agree with you, for years their fans have been putting us down. I don't see anything wrong with a slogan that acknowledges the fact that we are the team in Chicago!

pinwheels3530
04-13-2007, 06:03 AM

We ignored them and that didn't work. Plus the inferiority thing is a mindset that they (Cubs, media ) would like us to have. Taking a provactive approach in stating that the White Sox are part of Chicago baseball culture is a good thing.

jenn2080
04-13-2007, 09:33 AM
The "we are Chicago baseball" is on the magnetic schedules handed out during the Tribe series. I loved it. Really shoves it to Skottyj's favorite baseball team.

5 min of reading the board and 2 Skotty references to the Cubs :rolleyes:

I like the We are Chicago baseball a lot. Some of the back to the grinds I don't really like to much. I think the we have 9 fingers is pretty lame. There are some good adds on the trains I have seen.

Jerko
04-13-2007, 09:36 AM
When i first heard about these I thought it was a pitiful jab at the Cubs, but I saw a bunch of these ads on the train this morning and they looked pretty cool. Didn't even think of the Cubs.

spiffie
04-13-2007, 09:38 AM

Bingo. If the White Sox marketing staff were to have come on here and suggested these ideas, every thread they started would have been retitled "Flubsessed" and sent off to What's The Score? and held up as examples of how Sox fans just can't get over the Cubs.

skottyj242
04-13-2007, 10:23 AM

I don't even know what that means.

DumpJerry
04-13-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't even know what that means.
It means it is telling Cub fans that the White Sox are Chicago's team.

vegyrex
04-13-2007, 10:25 AM
And whenever someone finds out you're from Chicago, they say "I'll bet you're a big Cubs fan, huh?"

Yes that has happened. When I lived in Boston I worked with several people who thought I was "naturally" a cub's fan being from Chicago and all. :rolleyes:

One of them even remarked 'I didn't know Chicago had two baseball teams." :angry:

Cuck_The_Fubs
04-13-2007, 10:27 AM
This is how i think of it-
Everyone but sox fans believe Chicago Baseball is, indeed, Cub's Baseball. However, to sox fans, Chicago baseball is, indefinitely, Whitesox baseball.
Seem's like a bad inside joke, idk.

35th&Shields
04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Put me in the camp of loving "We are Chicago baseball" and hating "back to the grind".

Agreed. I also think the idea that WE (the White Sox) as opposed to any other team ARE CHICAGO BASEBALL. It's a subtle dig that the WS are what it's really all about.

AZChiSoxFan
04-13-2007, 01:10 PM
And whenever someone finds out you're from Chicago, they say "I'll bet you're a big Cubs fan, huh?"

That's actually something nice to hear, because the answer is just too easy:

"no, I'm not really into minor league baseball."

DrGozzie
04-13-2007, 01:11 PM
I love We Are Chicago Baseball. I don't get the whole north and south side thing. I know plenty of true-blue south-siders who are Cubs fans. I'm from a north-side kind of family, and I love the Sox, same with my husband. I love all kinds of different things - I don't like to be boxed in to a stereotype. I like what I like, whether other people in my crowd would think it's something a person in my crowd should be into or not, I just don't care. One of my best birthday memories is from last summer when my husband and I stayed at a nice hotel in the theater district. We took the L to watch the Sox beat the Cubs at Wrigley. We had a few beers, had a heart attack when AJ hit a homer in the top of the 9th to win the game, and had the best time high-fiving other Sox fans, people we didn't even know. That night we got all dressed up and had a fancy dinner before going to see Wicked at the theater. (that was wonderful for me, tolerable, for my sake, for my husband.) I like a huge variety of music from one end of the spectrum to the other. (except for country, rap, and opera.) Point being, I like the We Are Chicago Baseball. I don't consider myself north or south side (even though I don't live near Chicago anymore, I'm just saying.) I like what I like. And what I like in baseball is the White Sox.

SouthSide2Ship
04-13-2007, 01:31 PM
The Kids Can Play?

BY FAR THE BEST EVER!!!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

wassagstdu
04-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Why does everything about the Sox somehow have to relate to the Cubs? ... a marketing strategy that appears to have been inspired by the fact that the Sox still feel the need to emerge out of the Big, Blue Shadow on the North Side.

I agree. "We are Chicago Baseball" is actually a bow to the Grubs. Not being local I haven't seen the ads that go with the slogan, but I like "Back to the Grind" much better.

About the "pathetic" 1985 Bears syndrome, what happened in 2005 was so huge that it should be CELEBRATED for a long time. And the players who contributed to it should be HONORED for a long time. If our desperation for another championship causes us to forget 2005 or to dishonor the members of the 2005 team (I am thinking of some of the disgusting trash that has been posted about Scot Podsednik, for instance), then that is truly pathetic. The 2005 championship was the biggest thing in the lives of 3 generations of Sox fans. I for one am less than patient with the "what have you done for me this week?" frame of mind of some of our fellow Sox fans who were apparently born yesterday.

Frontman
04-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I liked some of the "Back to the Grind" messages. (My favorite being "1 year olds have waited a lifetime for a championship.")

But as others have said, some of them need to be backed up big time. I for one like the attitude of "We are Chicago Baseball."

Now, if Javy pitches good tonight again in the cold, they HAVE to run an ad featuring him with the tagline:

"Our players don't mind the cold. They bring the heat."

GO GET THEM SOX!!!

MRM
04-13-2007, 08:04 PM

Nothing subtle about it. That's exactly what it is.

MRM
04-13-2007, 08:12 PM
I agree. "We are Chicago Baseball" is actually a bow to the Grubs. Not being local I haven't seen the ads that go with the slogan, but I like "Back to the Grind" much better.

About the "pathetic" 1985 Bears syndrome, what happened in 2005 was so huge that it should be CELEBRATED for a long time. And the players who contributed to it should be HONORED for a long time. If our desperation for another championship causes us to forget 2005 or to dishonor the members of the 2005 team (I am thinking of some of the disgusting trash that has been posted about Scot Podsednik, for instance)

Let me stop you there. It's funny that the two whipping boys for fans in this forum....Pods and Uribe...have been the two most consistent offensive players thus far. As I type this Juan leads the team in HRs and RBI and Pods is hitting .308 even after his 0-4 thus far in the game I'm watching, yet he has a game winning HR already.

Thome25
04-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I LOVE the new slogan...It is hard-nosed and got me pumped up when I first read it. It kinda sticks it to that team on the other side of town.

IMO at that same time the word "Chicago" in the term "We are Chicago baseball" becomes an adjective meaning hard-nosed, hard-working, blue collar, old school baseball. PERIOD.

I just hope they come out with t-shirts in the same font lettering. I would definitely buy some of those.

The Dude
04-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I LOVE the new slogan...It is hard-nosed and got me pumped up when I first read it. It kinda sticks it to that team on the other side of town.

It definitely reeks of Flubsession, and it doesn't surprise me that you enjoy it.

Mod Note: Since you and Thome25 can't share the sandbox and play nice, I'm going to give you both a three-day time out.

itsnotrequired
04-14-2007, 11:03 PM
It definitely reeks of Flubsession, and it doesn't surprise me that you enjoy it.

guns blazing...

Thome25
04-14-2007, 11:14 PM

I SHOULD enjoy it. Why don't you have some intelligent conversation with someone BEFORE you come out like a half-wit with guns blazing??

It has special meaning to me because I'm an out-of-towner. Whenever I tell someone I'm from Chicago, they automatically ask me if I'm a Cubs fan as if that's what Chicago is all about.

So it has special meaning to me for the White Sox to come out and say: "WE are Chicago baseball."

Find out before you assume someone is flubsessed.

Mod Note: Since you and The Dude can't share the sandbox and play nice, I'm going to give you both a three-day time out.

SoxandtheCityTee
04-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Oh dear God in heaven, must this debate infest everything we talk about?

Let's all send emails to the Sox marketing people telling them that they're embarassing us all by using an advertising slogan that could be understood to be an attempt to take market share from that other MLB club in town, which of course there really isn't one -- I mean I pretend that there isn't one why can't they -- I mean I buy tickets and so do all the Sox fans I know, isn't that enough for those obsessive marketing people, and what do they think they are accomplishing and I'll say this when I am riding up the elevator on Monday if any of my Cub fan co-workers say anything to me about their club like even just casually laughing about Lou going nuts and even if this co-worker is always nice to me and I went to their wedding and we have to work together on projects I don't care I will give them the stony stare and coldly say I have no idea what you are talking about, I pay no attention to that "team" and that will show them that Sox fans are not sad bitter resentful anxious people who live inside their heads and worry about the image of the team they love! Noooo, I won't be a stereotype at all then!

Soxfanspcu11
04-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I swear, it seems like EVERYTIME I talk about something with my friends or family, that EXACT topic is up on WSI like the NEXT DAY! Is someone videotaping my life without my consent!?!?!:D:

Anyway, I personally LOVE the "We are Chicago Baseball" slogan.

It's not like it's a lie or anything, it's the truth.

The Sox ARE Chicago Baseball.

For all intensive purposes, there is only 1 real baseball team in the city.

The team that plays at the Urinal is/are a tourist attraction and circus. The stuff that we have all covered here on WSI many times.

If you want to see "Chicago Baseball", you go watch the Sox. It's pretty much black and white.

And I am also one of those who did not like the "Back to the Grind" phrase, it just sounded lame to me.

For some reason, when I heard "Back to the Grind", it reminded me of food. Like Grind=Grinders, and I just thought that that was cheesy (pun very much intended! LOL)

Anyway, if Brooks is reading this thread, I LOVE the "We Are Chicago Baseball" slogan!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

SoxandtheCityTee
04-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I swear, it seems like EVERYTIME I talk about something with my friends or family, that EXACT topic is up on WSI like the NEXT DAY! Is someone videotaping my life without my consent!?!?!:D:

We're inside of your head. :wink:

Nellie_Fox
04-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Let's all send emails to the Sox marketing people telling them that they're embarassing us all by using an advertising slogan that could be understood to be an attempt to take market share from that other MLB club in town, which of course there really isn't one -- I mean I pretend that there isn't one why can't they -- I mean I buy tickets and so do all the Sox fans I know, isn't that enough for those obsessive marketing people, and what do they think they are accomplishing and I'll say this when I am riding up the elevator on Monday if any of my Cub fan co-workers say anything to me about their club like even just casually laughing about Lou going nuts and even if this co-worker is always nice to me and I went to their wedding and we have to work together on projects I don't care I will give them the stony stare and coldly say I have no idea what you are talking about, I pay no attention to that "team" and that will show them that Sox fans are not sad bitter resentful anxious people who live inside their heads and worry about the image of the team they love!Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to the run-on sentence. Take a breath, dude!:tongue:

The Racehorse
04-15-2007, 08:54 AM
I like the "We Are Chicago Baseball" a whole lot.

From my perspective as someone not from the city and having never lived there, the new slogan simply says that the Sox are Chicago's baseball team.

Chicago is a two team baseball town, and the Sox have won the WS recently... why not claim the city as yours? Too me, that makes perfect sense.

SoxandtheCityTee
04-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Chicago is a two team baseball town, and the Sox have won the WS recently... why not claim the city as yours? To me, that makes perfect sense.

Making perfect sense is just too easy!

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to the run-on sentence. Take a breath, dude!:tongue:

I guess I should've used teal for my post. :cool:

AZChiSoxFan
04-16-2007, 03:26 PM
For all intensive purposes, there is only 1 real baseball team in the city.

I'd add a comment here but I don't want to steal KITTLE42's thunder. :smile: