PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Two out of Three Ain't Bad Postgame Thread

DoItForDanPasqua
04-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Two out of three in Oakland and Jenks returns to form.

CanBuehrleWait
04-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Good come from behind win gentlemen. Kudos to the pitching these past 5 games.

seventyseven
Payback, baby.

WizardsofOzzie
I feel much better than I did after the first inning of today. :D:

Huge game as early as it is in the season.

The flight is going to seem alot shorter to Cleveland.

Dan Mega
04-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Only disappointing thing is that Mark didn't get the W. He was terrific after the 1st. GREAT WIN!

thomas35forever
It's probably a little much to say we broke the Oakland curse, but I'm very proud of the job our boys did today.:D:

baaadbobbyjenks
Another quality start. Offense came through when we needed them. Jenks got the save without giving up a hit. Good game all around.

cheezheadsoxfan
This one feels real sweet!:bandance:

whitesoxfan
Two out of three is mighty damn good. Especially the way we won it today. Great starting pitching and great work by Aardsma and Jenks in the pen. Offense took a while to get going, but we got our runs when we needed them.

Well deserved day off tomorrow before we take on the Tribe.

Harry Potter
very rare to get a victory when you leave 18 runners on base.

should have been a sweep, but I'll take 2 out of 3 in Oakland any day!

First series victory of 2007! :gulp:

Hitmen77
Way to go Buehrle for rebounding after that 1st innning!:gulp:

Way to go Sox for playing like it's 2005!:gulp:

Now, let's see who's the first here to complain that victory post game threads have less posts than loss post game threads.:rolleyes:

russ99
04-11-2007, 05:12 PM
WOO HOO! :D:

Nice win by the Sox. Any day you can score 5 in the last 2 innings and win after being down 2 runs is darn good.

Good to see Buerhle overcome a bad 1st inning too.

2 out 3 in Oakland is always a cause to smile! :D::bandance::D:

Navarro's Talent
It was great to see Mark pitch the way he did after the bruise last week. That first inning was rough (thanks to some bad umping), but he really kicked some butt after that. Jenks bounced back nicely as well.

Always good to see Paulie and JD coming through offensively!

DoItForDanPasqua
The pitching is starting to look solid.

chisoxwschamps05
The return to Ozzieball!! Great win in come from behind fashion. The whole lineup contributed today. The whole team should feel good about winning 2 of 3 in Oakland.

doublem23
04-11-2007, 05:13 PM
You win 2 out of 3 every series and you win 108 games.

:thumbsup: That works for me.

sox1970
Good things happen when there are quality starts!!!

TomBradley72
I guess you can "cut and paste" all of the postings after our game last night and move them to the Athletics message boards.:cool:

IlliniSox4Life
GREAT play by Anderson in center to save us a run. That kid can play some D.

Pods4455
04-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Only disappointing thing is that Mark didn't get the W. He was terrific after the 1st. GREAT WIN!

I agree.. he pitched great after he got out of that first inning.. Its dissapointing that he got a no decision. but it was great to see Jenks come back.

It was great to see Dye hit that homer.. that's when I miss Hawk in the booth....

When's paulie gonna get his head back in the game???? :(:

ShoelessJoeS
Make that 5 straight quality starts!

JB98
Three up, three down for Jenks. Way to bounce back, Bobby!

ND_Sox_Fan
A nice early season come-from-behind win, on get-away day, and after last night - shows some good fight.

Nice game by Mark. Good for Dye and PK to come through in the clutch.

cbotnyse
04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
first time in 7 years. nice. :gulp:

SoxSpeed22
Two out of three in Oakland
When's the last time I heard that?! :o:

Law11
Great to see the sox be patient at the plate off of Street..

If I'm in Oakland right now I'd be afraid of the "Street Thugs" there's no telling how they'll take this.:club:

Good Job guys!
Take it to the Tribe!
:thumbsup:

FloridaSox
I still have not forgiven Bobby for costing me a night of sleep.

DeadMoney
04-11-2007, 05:16 PM
When's the last time I heard that?! :o:

2439 Days ago. August 6, 2000. (the series was August 4th through the 6th)

kevingrt
04-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Holy crap a series win in Oakland = World Series in October. Or at least the playoffs.

sox1970
04-11-2007, 05:18 PM
first time in 7 years. nice. :gulp:

2001: 0-3
2002: 0-6
2003: 1-2
2004: 1-5
2005: 2-4
2006: 0-3
2007: 5-1

They're 6-24 the last 30 in Oakland. Yikes.

Corlose 15
04-11-2007, 05:19 PM
This starting rotation has been great these last 5 games. It has to get you excited especially if they carry it over into this weekend against the Tribe.

Offense finally wakes up and Bobby responds nicely. Onto Cleveland and lets get rid of this damn snow so I can see so Sox baseball on Saturday!

HawkDJ
04-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I still have not forgiven Bobby for costing me a night of sleep.

I have not forgiven Bobby for making me fail a quiz.

Navarro's Talent
04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Too bad Crede couldn't get it going today. Hopefully, he finds a groove soon.

Risk
04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
It's always good to come away with 2 out of 3 in an away series. It's an even better feeling now since Oakland has been the House of Horrors for the last few years.

Nice rebound by Mark after that scary 1st inning and a return of clutch, timely hitting.

Great Win!!!:D: :bandance: :gulp: Now go kick Cleveland's ass.

Risk

jabrch
04-11-2007, 05:24 PM

I have not forgiven Bobby for making me ruin a new pair of boxers.

NSSoxFan
04-11-2007, 05:26 PM

I hope that didn't really happen to you.

INSox56
04-11-2007, 05:27 PM
we Are The Greatest Team In The World!!!!

HawkDJ
04-11-2007, 05:29 PM
I hope that didn't really happen to you.

Sadly...yes. Since the game ended at 1:00 eastern and I was too mad to study any more. Of course, it's my own fault for not studying before the game.

Oh well, you live and you learn. At any rate, you live.

RockJock07
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Brian needs to be starting 2-3 times a week or he needs to be sent down to triple-A.

Brian's defense is really good and needs to be starting to get his swing back. Hopefully we can him and everyone an at-bat against carmona on friday, he was just awful (1-10) last year.

Any word if they are gonna play in cleveland or milwaukee, the weather isn't supposed to be much better this weekend. The Indians can't afford another game to be cancelled.

Murphy10
04-11-2007, 05:35 PM
2 out of 3 in Oakland :worship:

Way to knock around that little cheating street too.

cheeses_h_rice
04-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Couldn't watch the game on TV, but man I was still pumped as **** to see Dye with a 2-run homer, Erstad with the go-ahead sac fly, and Paulie with the 2-run dagger double.

What's up with Mark B. in the first innings, though? Nutty.

RockyMtnSoxFan
04-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I thought it was a good move by Ozzie to put Jenks back out there. He showed confidence in Bobby, and I think that will pay off in the long run. It was similar to what happened in the Series. After Bobby blew the save in game 2, Ozzie said that he still had confidence in him. The team picked him up, and he was able to go back out for game 4. Hopefully, this will be the same sort of confidence builder for Bobby, and he'll start to dominate.

mark2olson
04-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Not a bad series overall. We escape Oakland with a series win, our record back at .500. Contreras pitched well with only one earned run over six innings in the first game. Garland pitched well in the second game with no earned runs in seven innings of work with a couple of good defensive plays. Buehrle, after giving up three runs early, came back with seven solid innings. Overall, the pen looked good, Jenks had a nice comeback after last night's game, the offense is showing some signs of life, and we're playing some good defensive ball. Things are looking good.

The_Floridian
04-11-2007, 05:40 PM
A sweep would have been nice...but somehow there's something equally gratifying about bouncing back from the tough loss last night in the ballpark where the Sox always get worked and coming from behind in the final two frames the next day. Not to mention Bobby coming right back to get the save with a 1-2-3 inning. To get up and take it right back to the A's after last night shows a lot of confidence.

I'm liking the way the Sox are playing the last six games. First the bullpen comes up huge, then five straight quality starts.

On to the town with the fireproof river.

skobabe8
04-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Hooray!

peeonwrigley
04-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Big win today, especially in light of last nights debacle.

PalehosePlanet
04-11-2007, 05:50 PM
A sweep would have been nice...but somehow there's something equally gratifying about bouncing back from the tough loss last night in the ballpark where the Sox always get worked and coming from behind in the final two frames the next day. Not to mention Bobby coming right back to get the save with a 1-2-3 inning. To get up and take it right back to the A's after last night shows a lot of confidence.

I'm liking the way the Sox are playing the last six games. First the bullpen comes up huge, then five straight quality starts.

On to the town with the fireproof river.

Yeah, last night's loss seemed like a total momentum killer, and not only for this series but maybe the rest of the week. For the offense --- especially JD and Paulie --- to wake up late and strike like they did was very surprising to me. We looked totally lifeless for 7 innings, then BAM! I'm very happy with this win.

As for Cleveland's weather, it was Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd who back in the 80's complained about consecutive rainouts by saying " That's what you get when you build a stadium next to an ocean!"

Frontman
04-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Not only did we get the "W;" but we got something back.

Team confidence. You can tell when a team is doubting itself, and it sure was in the beginning of the game. But after the 1st, Mark does what we expect of him, keep putting up zeroes; and soon, we get the snowcone, then the "I'm called BA for a reason" diving catch.

Then, what we really needed to see, Dye coming back into form. Then Paulie returning to form with that double to drive in a couple.

Jenks facing 3 batters and BOOYAH. We got a win.

One of the reasons I've loved the Sox ever since Ozzie took over is that the team has fun, and makes the games fun to watch. Whether or not its Mark's tarp diving (single tear) or Jermaine having fun (ala 'licking the snowcone') the team is having fun.

I saw that today, and I take that as a good sign.

Front

eastchicagosoxfan
04-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I just had the strangest dream....the Sox took two of three in Oakland.:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :dtroll:

INSox56
04-11-2007, 05:54 PM
You know, I really was glad to finally see Brian out there, specifically because of that awesome catch he made. I don't think we've seen a really great catch like that until then so far.

WizardsofOzzie
04-11-2007, 05:59 PM
For the most part a good game all around.

Buehrle pitched great after the 2nd inning or so, proving he is healthy after taking that shot in the Indians game

Bullpen was lights out

Hitting was cluch when we needed it (although it could have been wayyyyy better but i'll take it)

Ozzie managed this one to perfection

infohawk
04-11-2007, 06:02 PM
The pitching has just been tremendous. I love our bullpen! Jermaine picked the perfect moment to make a contribution on offense. Great play in center by Anderson to save a run!

hawkjt
04-11-2007, 06:09 PM
It is nice to see their ace closer- street- come out and pitch horrible. guess it can happen to anyone,eh?

JD's homer was just so big- like the first good swing by JD this season,almost. That park seems so cavernous that I did not think it would get out- it made it by a foot or so.

Not quite as big as jeff abbots homer in minnesota back in 2000 but it was important for the teams psyche none the less.

When will the hitting come? .216 as a team coming in and that went down until the 8th inning. Pitching is supposed to be the problem- so much for the experts. 4-4 after 8 games- I will take it with that hitting.

palehozenychicty
04-11-2007, 06:11 PM
I have not forgiven Bobby for making me ruin a new pair of boxers.

Yo, that's hilarious!

:kneeslap:

nasox
04-11-2007, 06:25 PM
It's probably a little much to say we broke the Oakland curse, but I'm very proud of the job our boys did today.:D:

Curses? Curses? We don't need no stinkin curses!

chisoxfanatic
04-11-2007, 06:27 PM
You win 2 out of 3 every series and you win 108 games.

:thumbsup: That works for me.

Forget about just winning series. The Sox are gonna sweep the majority en route to establishing the most wins and winning percentage in the history of the game. They will then go 11-0 in the playoffs, and the Cubs will leave town. :cool:

Anyways, it's about damn time we steal a victory over there. It was nice that Buehrle at least was off the hook for a loss. Payback's hell, eh? :D:

Perhaps this will start them off on something big.

PalehosePlanet
04-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Not quite as big as jeff abbots homer in minnesota back in 2000 but it was important for the teams psyche none the less.

Abbot's homer wasn't in minny, it was here, off Bob Wells. I remember it well because I had the best seats of any game I had ever been to -- until then and since: First row over the Twins dugout.

hawkjt
04-11-2007, 06:31 PM
you sure about Abbots homer? I could have swore it was up in the dome.

NSSoxFan
04-11-2007, 06:42 PM
you sure about Abbots homer? I could have swore it was up in the dome.

Nope it was at Comiskey.

The Racehorse
04-11-2007, 06:52 PM
... back to the grind... :cool:

MarySwiss
I was under the weather last night, so I turned in early and missed the last part of the game. When I woke up and found out what happened, I was glad I did; saved me from (a) a bad night's sleep, and (b) having to go and buy a new 50" TV (and new banjo) after throwing my banjo through the screen on the old one. :angry:

But today they made it all better! Thanks, guys! :smile:

Huisj
Anyone else find it interesting that these last two games both came down to closers not pitching like the usually do and bad defense in left field? Last night Jenks pitched lousy, and it let to Podsednik making a bad throw and a lame attempt to catch a deep flyball. Today, Street pitched lousy, and it led to Stewart making a bad throw and a lame attempt to catch a deep flyball (well actually, he never really got to the point of attempting to catch it, because he just kind of stopped and gave up on it long before the ball even got to the wall).

Still, kind of some fun parallels to look at between the two games. What goes around comes around I guess.

SoxxoS
04-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Its amazing how that there really aren't "carry overs" in baseball - Streaks, yes. But carry overs - Not really.

cburns
04-11-2007, 07:19 PM
I've been pretty pleased with the way the Sox have been playing all year aside from Opening Day. The bullpen has been tremendous and the starting pitching has been nails of late as well.

TomBradley72
04-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Abbot's homer wasn't in minny, it was here, off Bob Wells. I remember it well because I had the best seats of any game I had ever been to -- until then and since: First row over the Twins dugout.

I was listening to that game on the radio driving through a thunderstorm in MI...crackle crackle....there's a drive...crackle...crackle...it could be....crackle...crackle...Sox win!

veeter
04-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I was listening to that game on the radio driving through a thunderstorm in MI...crackle crackle....there's a drive...crackle...crackle...it could be....crackle...crackle...Sox win!Very cool memory. Great win today. Actually I couldn't believe what I was watching. I feel great.

TheOldRoman
04-11-2007, 08:07 PM
When's paulie gonna get his head back in the game???? :(:
Was the huge 2 run double in the 9th not enough?

HotelWhiteSox
04-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Great to get the series win. I don't have many worries for Mark, but just hate the trend of giving up at least a run in the 1st of every game. Maybe we need to start an inning of some simulated game on the side if the pen isn't hard pressed.

Also my second HR I called before the pitch this season (Dye), man my backup PTCs rock.

Bobby coming back and easily getting the S is big too.

JB98
04-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Great to get the series win. I don't have many worries for Mark, but just hate the trend of giving up at least a run in the 1st of every game. Maybe we need to start an inning of some simulated game on the side if the pen isn't hard pressed.

Also my second HR I called before the pitch this season (Dye), man my backup PTCs rock.

Bobby coming back and easily getting the S is big too.

There are a lot of quality pitchers who struggle in the first inning and then settle down. It's not a trend to worry about. Mark had some extremely bad luck in that inning. The key is to minimize damage and not let things get out of hand. He did that when he induced the DP off the bat of Walker.

slobes
04-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Great win for the team. If our starting pitching keeps up like this, we are gonna be a force to reckon with.

Vernam
04-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Today's win almost makes up for my wife waking me up last night just in time to see the game-winning hit. :angry: Ozzie was smart to let Bobby get right back on the horse that threw him. Can't wait to see all the bandwagon jumpers if our rotation keeps this up.

Vernam

PaulDrake
04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
I still have not forgiven Bobby for costing me a night of sleep. I have. I'm still numbed from the exhaustion of staying up late last night, and then not sleeping well. I was on the road today, and this is great news to come home to. We need Jenks.

sox647
04-11-2007, 09:59 PM
it should have been a sweep........ but whatever

at least bobby got his payback :bandance:

JB98
04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
it should have been a sweep........ but whatever

at least bobby got his payback :bandance:

We feel we should have won last night, but I'm sure the A's feel like they should have won today. In the end, it all evened out.

champagne030
04-11-2007, 10:14 PM
We feel we should have won last night, but I'm sure the A's feel like they should have won today. In the end, it all evened out.

:nod: .........Pretty much.......

Jurr
04-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Just got home and watched the festivities. Awesome comeback effort. Way to stick it right back to 'em, boys!

Since the opener, the Sox have played every game down to the wire. They are showing a tendency to be a lot more patient at the plate, and it's helping.

After a much deserved rest, they peddle their wears to Cleveland. Or Milwaukee. Wherever. Just record outs and smoke the ball, fellas!:bandance:

soxinem1
04-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Way to go Buehrle for rebounding after that 1st innning!:gulp:

This is probably more of a key to the season than anything reagarding this game, win or lose. After all, this was the best game he pitched in a LONG time.