PDA

View Full Version : Our Starters

jabrch
04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Since Buehrle got hit on the arm, here's our rotation's performance.

Javy - 6.2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER
Danks - 6 IP, 4H, 3 ER
Jose - 6 IP, 4H, 1 ER
Jon - 7 IP, 3H, 0 ER
Buehrle - 7 IP, 4H, 3 ER.

Total
32.2 IP, 16H, 7 ER

That's an ERA under 2 folks.

I know it won't last. I know a lot of teams have 5 good starts in a row. But I don't mind being a .500 team with an offense that has the potential ours does and a pitching staff that is as dominating as ours has been the past week.

havelj
04-11-2007, 06:11 PM
This is the key to the season. Since Saturday, each starter has gone 6 or more innings allowing 3 or fewer runs.

If this keeps up, look out!

comet2k
04-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Agree 100 pct.!

I recently expressed doubts about the starters based on their dismal performance in Arizona because I didn't think they could flip a switch once the season started.

So far, I'm wrong -- and happy to see it.

Sox pitching has given up just 12 runs the last six games, and the starters have been great. Have to add, though, that neither the Twins or A's have scored many runs lately.

IlliniSox4Life
04-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Our whole staff has done well. The last 6 games we have an ERA of 2 as a team.

baaadbobbyjenks
04-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Our pitching is really starting to look good. They just need to keep this up, and our offense needs to stay in sync. If that happens, we will win a lot of games.

jabrch
04-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Combining our two threads...

Javy - 6.2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER
Danks - 6 IP, 4H, 3 ER
Jose - 6 IP, 4H, 1 ER
Jon - 7 IP, 3H, 0 ER

Total
32.2 IP, 16H, 7 ER

I know it won't last. I know a lot of teams have 5 good starts in a row. But I don't mind being a .500 team with an offense that has the potential ours does and a pitching staff that is as dominating as ours has been the past week.

UserNameBlank
04-11-2007, 06:20 PM
They are what we thought they were, and thank God!

The bullpen, outside of the blown save last night, has been dy-no-mite as well.

The top two in the order have been playing very well, and Uribe is back at SS.

I don't want to jinx anything, but this could be the year... again.

Navarro's Talent
04-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I've been really impressed. The key to this staff's success is Javy. If pitches really well, this team will be in good shape!

sox1970
04-11-2007, 06:21 PM
They are what we thought they were, and thank God!

Crown their asses!!!

Dan Mega
04-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Combining our two threads...

Javy - 6.2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER
Danks - 6 IP, 4H, 3 ER
Jose - 6 IP, 4H, 1 ER
Jon - 7 IP, 3H, 0 ER

Total
32.2 IP, 16H, 7 ER

Basically then Buerhle's hurt arm could be a rabbit's foot, like his ankle was 2 years ago? :wink:

If the starting pitching staff can at least keep this up, even at a slightly slower pace, and with this bullpen and offense...watch out MLB.

sox1970
04-11-2007, 06:35 PM
They put up a ton of quality starts in April and May last year, and they won a lot.

In June, they bashed their way to wins.

After the All-star break, they didn't have many quality starts and they played like a below .500 team.

Be happy about the last week, but be cautious.

UserNameBlank
04-11-2007, 06:51 PM
They put up a ton of quality starts in April and May last year, and they won a lot.

In June, they bashed their way to wins.

After the All-star break, they didn't have many quality starts and they played like a below .500 team.

Be happy about the last week, but be cautious.
Which Sox are you referring to? Both the 2005 and 2006 teams kind of went like that.

The first half IMO is very, very important because Minny has garbage in their rotation and Kenny Rogers is out for Detroit. The Sox will have to have a nice lead if they plan on holding these teams off during the second half, especially because of the fact that since 2003 the Sox have been known to fade a bit down the stretch.