PDA

View Full Version : Just listened to my first Sox game!

Bisco Stu
03-23-2002, 05:20 PM
On the radio, here in SF. Ritchie "sounded" good, and Royce had a couple of opposite field swings.

But I'd trade today's win for a win next Sunday when the Sox finally play in baseball's finest park, Pac Bell.

(Wrigley Field = Decrepit piece of sh*t)

I will be there.

Also, ESPN predicts Mags will finish second in MVP voting, if ya hadn't heard. Definitely top 5. Frank too, if the 2000 magic is back.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
On the radio, here in SF. Ritchie "sounded" good, and Royce had a couple of opposite field swings.

But I'd trade today's win for a win next Sunday when the Sox finally play in baseball's finest park, Pac Bell.

I will be there.

Also, ESPN predicts Mags will finish second in MVP voting, if ya hadn't heard. Definitely top 5. Frank too, if the 2000 magic is back.

Espn is wrong. Maggs finishes second TO NONE in MVP voting. agreed on wrigley.

SOXSINCE'70
03-23-2002, 06:54 PM

I will be there.

Welcome.Seeing as you're near the SF "Bay" area,I know quite a few Sox fans who would give their eye teeth for a starter like Tim Hudson,Mark Mulder or Barry Zito.Mulder is from this area. Went to Thornwood H.S.
I also liked the outcome of the game today as well,but this giving up 6-8 plus runs jazz has got to stop NOW

Agree about The Craphole on the North Side of town.It's not even fit for a minor league team.But isn't that what the sCrUBS are?? :) :) :) :)

RedPinStripes
03-24-2002, 03:06 AM

I will be there.

You need to hear a totally biased Sox game on the radio. :D:

CiscoCarlos
03-24-2002, 01:36 PM
I too listened to the Sox-San Francisco game on KNBR. Former Cubbie Mike Krukow (I can still hear Boudreau pronouncing his name) was very tough on the White Sox.

While on ESPN1000, Farmer was forcefully saying how the last eight games of spring training are the only ones that mean anything, Krukow was painting a different story, talking about the "amazing" Sox team ERA ("unprecedented even by Cactus league standards") and their league-high 40 errors. I didn't even realize they had made that many errors.

Then Krukow predicted that the Sox would be this year's Texas: scoring a lot of runs but giving up more. I think he's wrong. For one thing, the Sox are in a lot easier division than Texas. And there were some positive signs with the pitching yesterday. But it's healthy to get a different perspective than the one from the White Sox announcers.