PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys view the Cubs

fisk_84
04-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Please remove thread

fisk_84
04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Maybe someone can tell me how to edit the title of a post? As you can see, I have a typo.

The Immigrant
04-10-2007, 04:57 PM
kittle42 may suffer a stroke when he reads this post.

MCHSoxFan
Okay. I: Hate the Cubs. I always want them to lose. I always root AGAINST them. However, I would NEVER TRADE A WHITE SOX WINNER FOR A CUBS LOOSER!!! NEVER!!!

ilsox7
How does a team loose?

pdimas
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't mind them. I won't root for them. I am pretty much indifferent.

doublem23
04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
No Cubs talk in the Clubhouse.

Mr.1Dog
04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
:whocares

and
:thankgod

Nellie_Fox
04-10-2007, 05:11 PM
How does a team loose?Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

cheeses_h_rice
04-10-2007, 05:16 PM
http://www.garycolemanisverydisappointedinyou.com/1005.jpg

"Not this **** again."

WizardsofOzzie
04-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Patiently waiting :whistle:

Mr.1Dog
04-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Over/under on Fisk's age. I'll set it at 15. Any takers?

WizardsofOzzie
04-10-2007, 05:24 PM
either that or too much of the :bong:

jenn2080
04-10-2007, 05:28 PM
How do you guys view the cubs? Are you the type of fan that:
HATES the cubs
Doesn't mind the Cubs
Sox fan & Cubs Fan

Do you enjoy watching the Cubs loose?
Or are you impartial when it comes to the Cubs?

Personally I am a life long white sox fan. I was born and raised (until Jr. High) in the Chicago area. My parents are Cubs fans, so the in house rival was always fun. I do not mind the cubs, I do not like to see them loose, but when they do, its really no big deal to me. But I will admit, I would like to see the Cubs make it to the world series. A Windy City Classic would be awesome. But then again, it is kinda funny to watch them loose and hear all the fans (or so called fans) continue to brag about there cubs...

Why does every new poster want to talk about the Cubs?

:whistle: :violin: :anon: :whocares :threadsucks

jenn2080
04-10-2007, 05:29 PM

I say 17 max.

kittle42
04-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Patiently waiting :whistle:

Nah. Perfect example of an obvious typo. Hate to disappoint you all.

WizardsofOzzie
04-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Why does every new poster want to talk about the Cubs?

It is quite the annoying trend isn't it?

pdimas
04-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Im sure its some young kid. No big deal jenn girl. Let us educate the young one instead of ridicule.

jenn2080
04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Im sure its some young kid. No big deal jenn girl. Let us educate the young one instead of ridicule.

Oh I know. It is not just kids though that start the same thread, it is the grown ups also.

soxstarter
The rivalry is kinda fun when you don't take it too seriously. No rabid Cub hater here....but I am also not one that would crush your thread just for bringing up the subject.

Oh.....but most are pretty serious about making your posts clear and readable. Use the spell check before submitting, then use the edit button if you catch something after that.

But don't sweat the small stuff!:wink:

DumpJerry
Maybe someone can tell me how to edit the title of a post? As you can see, I have a typo.
You can't. It mysteriously changes by itself.

:welcome:, by the way. In case you have not noticed, we make fun of the Cubs. But since October 26, 2005, they have been a meaningless blob to most of us.

pdimas
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh I know. It is not just kids though that start the same thread, it is the grown ups also.

If its an adult ridicule by all means :smile:. It just seemed kind of obvious is all.

Scottiehaswheels
04-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I could care less about the Cubs as soon as the media covers both teams fairly.... Otherwise I root for them to suck to disappoint them... I guess this year I'm kinda rooting for them to be decent so I can sell all these bleacher tix, I picked up, to their sheep at 3-4x face though... huh, a bit of a quandry...:D:

DumpJerry
04-10-2007, 05:51 PM
That's nothing. Have you read Jenn2080's latest sig?:o:

eastchicagosoxfan
04-10-2007, 07:28 PM
My partner at work, who I share an office with, is a Cub fan. We get along just fine. Around him, and most other Cub fans, at least those who congratulated me after the World Series victory, I'm very cordial. Afterall, they, by and large, just want the same thing for their team. However, for the rabid Cub fan, who refuses to acknowledge the World Champs, I show no mercy. No joke is bad enough, no snide comment is too snide, and no Cub loss can be painful enough. Even today, I used one of the lamest jokes of all time. It was only funny to me, and of course a cheap shot to someone else, but I didn't care. It was the old, why can't you open a beer at Wrigley? Because they lost all their openers! I laughed, he groaned, and left for the game. I can't wait for tomorrow, to see his reaction to an 0-2 start at home.

JB98
04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I'll repost the usual haiku:

Speak not of that team
Speak not of that old ballpark
Look to the South Side

Zisk77
04-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Who? The What?

twsoxfan5
04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
:welcome:buddy. Be careful what you post around here. There are a few headhunters that aren't nice to the new kids who haven't really learned what not to post. Although I am sure this thread will help you on that path.

MarySwiss
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
My partner at work, who I share an office with, is a Cub fan. We get along just fine. Around him, and most other Cub fans, at least those who congratulated me after the World Series victory, I'm very cordial. Afterall, they, by and large, just want the same thing for their team. However, for the rabid Cub fan, who refuses to acknowledge the World Champs, I show no mercy. No joke is bad enough, no snide comment is too snide, and no Cub loss can be painful enough. Even today, I used one of the lamest jokes of all time. It was only funny to me, and of course a cheap shot to someone else, but I didn't care. It was the old, why can't you open a beer at Wrigley? Because they lost all their openers! I laughed, he groaned, and left for the game. I can't wait for tomorrow, to see his reaction to an 0-2 start at home.

My husband, with whom I share a home and a life, is a Cub fan. We also get along just fine (and have done so for quite a while). I actually have more trouble dealing with his Led Zeppelin obsession than with his Flubsession. ANYway, he is currently on the D'Backs bandwagon as am I. I predict a Sox/D'Backs WS--and I WILL be there, no matter what!

palehozenychicty
04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
My husband, with whom I share a home and a life, is a Cub fan. We also get along just fine (and have done so for quite a while). I actually have more trouble dealing with his Led Zeppelin obsession than with his Flubsession. ANYway, he is currently on the D'Backs bandwagon as am I. I predict a Sox/D'Backs WS--and I WILL be there, no matter what!

The Diamondbacks are playing very well and have some great young talent. Anything can happen in the NL.

LongLiveFisk
04-11-2007, 09:23 PM

I'm pretty much the same way. Don't piss on my team and I won't piss on yours. But some of their fans do ask for it at times. I'm not sure what you really take away from putting down anyone else if it's almost been a century since your team won, but then we're not talking about the "sharpest knives in the drawer" either when we're talking about those types of fans.

BigPapaPump
04-11-2007, 10:23 PM
After the 2005 championship I didn't hear much from any of my Cub fan friends so I took it easy on them, but one year removed from a title and they're starting to get lippy again.

LongLiveFisk
04-11-2007, 10:26 PM
After the 2005 championship I didn't hear much from any of my Cub fan friends so I took it easy on them, but one year removed from a title and they're starting to get lippy again.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I guess Lou must be the new "messiah".

mshake10
04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Maybe he realized that the Sox are technically "one and done" and "one out of 88."

cheeses_h_rice
04-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Maybe he realized that the Sox are technically "one and done" and "one out of 88."

Why the **** are you still posting here, *******?

:dtroll:

JB98
04-11-2007, 10:51 PM

No Cubs no!
No Cubs no!
Hey Chicago, what do you say?
The Cubs are going to suck today!

We're all singing,
No Cubs no!
No Cubs no!
Hey Chicago, what do you say?
The Cubs are going to suck today!

chisoxmike
04-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Oh what the ****? Why the **** do you come here? Do you have a life? Or do you get off on trying to annoy people on internet message boards because you're too much of a ****ing loser to go out in society. Do you post all your **** here on Cubs message boards so people think you're big. I thought Cubs fans don't care about the Sox. **** off.

mshake=
http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1008/1008_jenkins.jpg

DrCrawdad
04-11-2007, 11:23 PM

You're right.

A sales rep. who I'm friendly with is a big Cubbie fan. He was cocky in ST, telling me often that the Sox were going to suck this year and how this was the Cubs year, "No doubt about it." After the Sox first two losses he was even cockier. Now he's quiet at the moment and when I spoke to him he went on and on about how I was rubbing his nose in the Cubs suckiness. I then reminded him of his boastful taunts. He was suddenly struck with Alzheimer's.

Risk
04-12-2007, 09:29 AM

Why the **** do you come here?

Oh yeah, about that "one out of 88"--1908 bonehead. Learn it, live it, love it. Only a Cub fan would talk **** about another team's former championship drought while conveniently forgetting his own, beloved "lovable losers" have the longest Championship drought of any, yes, any professional sports team.

Seriously, are you like 12, or did you get the **** kicked out of you when you were younger, or do you just get your rocks off by trolling other message boards in between your sessions of "Worlds of Warcraft" and happy time with your "Michael Barrett sucker punch blowup doll?"

Try doing something constructive, like penning a book of introspection for your favorite team. I'll even give you some ideas for titles:

1) "How to spend $300 Million and not win in a weak division;"
2) "I can't believe I gave up a cushy day job for this: A biography of Lou Pinella;"
3) "How to properly shine your replica attendance trophy;" or
4) "Why Losers flock to Losers: A psycho-analytical study of Cub fans."

By the way, enjoy third in the NL comedy central. Your pathetic, weak ass-ed excuse for a AA team should have been folded years ago.

Hey moron, here's a simple math equation for you, since obviously you're not the brightest star in the sky:

Douchbag :dtroll: = mshake10

Risk

davenicholson
04-12-2007, 09:41 AM
If I view them at all, it is here:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s16/theoze4/Charger012.jpg

Uncle_Patrick
04-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Reviewing this thread, here are my thoughts:

The Cubs - I don't really care, I have many friends and acquaintances that are Cubs fans and we get along fine. I enjoy the friendlier aspects of the rivalry, not the more venomous aspects (be it Sox fans calling Cubs fans gay, Cubs fans calling Sox fans poor white trash, etc.). There are a lot of douche bag Cubs fans, but there are moron Sox fans, too. I don't mind discussing the team when it comes to actual baseball matters. I am annoyed by some Sox fans' obsession with every move they make.

New posters talking about the Cubs - It seems to be a bigger issue with people in their teens and early '20s. When I was that age, I really hated the Cubs. Now, I don't really care so much.

fisk84's age - I'm gonna guess he was born in 1984.

mshake - Why get worked up about what this guy says? "One out of 88" still beats "zero out of 99" and at least I can say I've seen my team win the World Series. What has he got? A cool ballpark? Hooray. Who cares?

Hitmen77
04-12-2007, 10:23 AM

Good one, Dude, because the Cubs are "None and done" and "NONE out of 98" - Wooo!!! Cubs Woo Cubs Woo!! Stupid White Sux and their 18 month championship drought! I'll show them by making idiotic comments on one of their fans sites.
:dumbass:

cheeses_h_rice
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
mshake - Why get worked up about what this guy says? "One out of 88" still beats "zero out of 99" and at least I can say I've seen my team win the World Series. What has he got? A cool ballpark? Hooray. Who cares?

This isn't the first time cubfanshake has trolled WTS threads.

veeter
04-12-2007, 12:33 PM
I hope they lose every game they play.

ondafarm
04-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Pretty much like any minor league team. There are a few players on them that I personally hope do well. D.Lee, for example. But as a team I find them pretty much irrelevant.

Cub fans I hate however.

Whitesox029
04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Where exactly is the line where mshake is going to finally get his ass banned? I know I have seen non-Sox fans get banned pretty quick for trash-talking against the Sox (see Timberwolf). This one's crafty though...he's not being overt about it at all. And yet he's obvious because 90% of his posts are defending the Cubs in WTS threads.
I set the over under at one more month. He'll continue to get frustrated as Soriano continues his blistering .200 pace and Marquis keeps getting his ass handed to him at the Urinal. Then he'll say something rash, and goodbye mshake. I can't wait, let me tell you.

cheeses_h_rice
04-12-2007, 02:56 PM
http://www.cramscience.ca/images/uploaded/uploadedLarge/8d790e7542e2cdfd0b28082845d888fd.jpg

Uncle_Patrick
04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
This isn't the first time cubfanshake has trolled WTS threads.

Oh, I know, but why give the guy the satisfaction of getting worked up? That's what trolls want, anyway.

Uncle_Patrick
04-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Where exactly is the line where mshake is going to finally get his ass banned? I know I have seen non-Sox fans get banned pretty quick for trash-talking against the Sox (see Timberwolf). This one's crafty though...he's not being overt about it at all. And yet he's obvious because 90% of his posts are defending the Cubs in WTS threads.
I set the over under at one more month. He'll continue to get frustrated as Soriano continues his blistering .200 pace and Marquis keeps getting his ass handed to him at the Urinal. Then he'll say something rash, and goodbye mshake. I can't wait, let me tell you.

Timberwolf (aka Leslie) is a master troll. If you're gonna troll, you might as well write a lenghty diatribe, make insane accusations, and reference things people posted 4 or 5 years ago. Mshake has nothing on him (or her or whatever Leslie is).

soxjim
04-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Since our World Series Championship in 2005. I view the Cubs as any other National League team I don't care about them. I got rid of my CUBS Suck tshirts and wear my World Series Championship shirts with SOX pride.

cheeses_h_rice
04-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh, I know, but why give the guy the satisfaction of getting worked up? That's what trolls want, anyway.

Cubstrollshake is like a spammer. I just want him whacked and to leave White Sox fans alone to talk about the White Sox. For whatever bizarre reason, he's been able to stay afloat here, so apparently trolling -- albeit subtly -- as a Flubs fan isn't enough to get you banned.

Whitesox029
04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Timberwolf (aka Leslie) is a master troll. If you're gonna troll, you might as well write a lenghty diatribe, make insane accusations, and reference things people posted 4 or 5 years ago. Mshake has nothing on him (or her or whatever Leslie is).
mshake is a different kind of troll altogether. Timberwolf does it to rile us up. mshake is here because he gets some sort of odd satisfaction out of seeing how long he can survive on this board as a cubs fan, probably thinks he's pulling one over on us, and then goes and talks about us on some cubs board. He should know that he's not fooling anyone, and that it's only a matter of time before a moderator gets fed up with the constant tiny little jabs he throws at the Sox. This site's motto is "totally biased," and there's no room for someone who will shamelessly defend everything the Cubs and their fans do by throwing out stupid statements like "one for 88."

whitem0nkey
04-12-2007, 05:05 PM
The other day I was driving with my cub friend, and Donít stop believing came on the radio so I turned it up. And he looks at me and says when are you going to stop with 2005, and I said a soon as you stop talking about 1985. Ah it was a fun moment.

JB98
04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
The other day I was driving with my cub friend, and Donít stop believing came on the radio so I turned it up. And he looks at me and says when are you going to stop with 2005, and I said a soon as you stop talking about 1985. Ah it was a fun moment.

If those ****ers ever won the Series, they would still be celebrating it 450 years later. Don't let them tell you any different. We should celebrate 2005 until we win again this October. Then, we'll celebrate 2007 until our next title. :cool:

TDog
04-12-2007, 06:19 PM
If those ****ers ever won the Series, they would still be celebrating it 450 years later. Don't let them tell you any different. We should celebrate 2005 until we win again this October. Then, we'll celebrate 2007 until our next title. :cool:

I was in a Borders in California the other day and saw a new book about the 1908 baseball season, referring to it as the greatest season in baseball history. Some people are sill celebrating it 99 years later.

Risk
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
I was in a Borders in California the other day and saw a new book about the 1908 baseball season, referring to it as the greatest season in baseball history. Some people are sill celebrating it 99 years later.

Yeah...All 14 people who are still alive to remember it.

Risk

voodoochile
04-12-2007, 07:33 PM
To answer the original question posed...

Only when forced to and then from North Carolina - AKA: As far away and rarely as possible.

I highly recommend it as a way to improve your outlook on life and knowledge of baseball in general...

LongLiveFisk
04-12-2007, 10:04 PM

I doubt it. He took the Cubs' managerial job so obviously he's not too bright.

LongLiveFisk
04-12-2007, 10:15 PM

:rolling:

You ARE joking, right?

Ziggy S
04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh what the ****? Why the **** do you come here? Do you have a life? Or do you get off on trying to annoy people on internet message boards because you're too much of a ****ing loser to go out in society. Do you post all your **** here on Cubs message boards so people think you're big. I thought Cubs fans don't care about the Sox. **** off.

mshake=

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1008/1008_jenkins.jpg

Dude, extra points for the South Park reference. Just remember Scrub troll aka mshake, Make Love, Not Warcraft.

Jjav829
04-12-2007, 10:49 PM

Lou is the new Dusty. He's already started blaming the Cubs poor performance on the cold. :roflmao:

In Wrigley, they must have like a box of excuses written on 3 X 5 cards for Cubs managers to just pull from after a loss.

Lou also said he can't wait for the "ivory" to turn green. :roflmao:

oeo
04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Lou is the new Dusty. He's already started blaming the Cubs poor performance on the cold. :roflmao:

In all fairness, I think he said it was hard to hit in cold weather, but that's no excuse.

cheeses_h_rice
04-12-2007, 11:53 PM
In all fairness, I think he said it was hard to hit in cold weather, but that's no excuse.

Does the temperature happen to go up when the opposing team is hitting, and then back down when the Flubs are?

:rolleyes:

oeo
04-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Does the temperature happen to go up when the opposing team is hitting, and then back down when the Flubs are?

:rolleyes:

Uhm...if you saw the interview he said something like it's hard to hit in it, but both teams have to do it, so it's no excuse. Notice how I say, "no excuse," in my first post...

Chisox353014
04-13-2007, 11:06 AM
How do you guys view the Cubs?

From as far away and as little as possible.

cheeses_h_rice
04-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Uhm...if you saw the interview he said something like it's hard to hit in it, but both teams have to do it, so it's no excuse. Notice how I say, "no excuse," in my first post...

Uhm...OK.

:?:

WSox597
04-15-2007, 09:00 AM
How do you guys view the Cubs?

If I had my wish, with the Hubble Telescope.

Soxfanspcu11
04-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Cubs as a team, franchise=indifferent, don't really care. I think that they are incredibly inept and have no idea what they are doing, but that doesn't affect me.

I actually give them some props for selling their "product" so successfully.

I mean, in the early 80's, NOBODY was going to Cubs games. Someone on WSI posted an interesting stat. Something like 1982, the cubs had like 4,500 fans in the stadium for OPENING DAY!!!:o: Now that's crazy!!!

That would never happen now because their Marketing and Promotion Department deserves a HUGE A+!!

They have successfully sold a craptackular product as such. The whole "loveable losers", "curse", "goat" thing is really cute to a lot of people. And that brings me to my 2nd point, the fans.

Cub fans=Scum of the Earth

I don't think that people living outside of the Chicagoland area know just how bad it is. Having to put up with these morons on a daily basis is beyond frusturating.

As many have said, since 10/26/2005, that has changed a lot, but they are still VERY annoying!

Spring trainning 2006, I had to hear about how it was "their year" because Boston had won in 2004, the Sox in 2005, and so naturally, they were next.:rolleyes:
All cub fans, media included, were gushing over Juan Pierre and how the cubs were going to be unstoppable and blah blah blah.

Spring trainning 2007, it was even worse. I had to hear about Lou Pinnella, Alfonso Soriano, Ted Lilly, etc. So many cub fans thought that they were a lock for a World Series Title. Well, we all see how well thats working out for them.

At this point, it's just a joke. I no longer have hatred for cub fans like how I used to. I used to feel, especially during the interleague crosstown games, that I HAD to be at Comiskey to DEFEND my team and our fans against those Bozo's. Since at the time, Comiskey would be like 50/50 Sox to Cub fans.

THANK GOD 2005 happened and changed that. During the 3 games vs the cubs at Comiskey last year, it was about 90/10 Sox to cub fans and it was beautiful! And then at the urinal, it was about 50/50 Cubs to Sox fans. It's amazing what a World Series Title will do!!!

So anyway, to recap,

Cubs Organization=meh

Cubs fans=trash of human existence

IndianWhiteSox
04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
From as far away and as little as possible.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Cubs as a team, franchise=indifferent, don't really care. I think that they are incredibly inept and have no idea what they are doing, but that doesn't affect me.

I actually give them some props for selling their "product" so successfully.

I mean, in the early 80's, NOBODY was going to Cubs games. Someone on WSI posted an interesting stat. Something like 1982, the cubs had like 4,500 fans in the stadium for OPENING DAY!!!:o: Now that's crazy!!!

That would never happen now because their Marketing and Promotion Department deserves a HUGE A+!!

They have successfully sold a craptackular product as such. The whole "loveable losers", "curse", "goat" thing is really cute to a lot of people. And that brings me to my 2nd point, the fans.

Cub fans=Scum of the Earth

I don't think that people living outside of the Chicagoland area know just how bad it is. Having to put up with these morons on a daily basis is beyond frusturating.

As many have said, since 10/26/2005, that has changed a lot, but they are still VERY annoying!

Spring trainning 2006, I had to hear about how it was "their year" because Boston had won in 2004, the Sox in 2005, and so naturally, they were next.:rolleyes:
All cub fans, media included, were gushing over Juan Pierre and how the cubs were going to be unstoppable and blah blah blah.

Spring trainning 2007, it was even worse. I had to hear about Lou Pinnella, Alfonso Soriano, Ted Lilly, etc. So many cub fans thought that they were a lock for a World Series Title. Well, we all see how well thats working out for them.

At this point, it's just a joke. I no longer have hatred for cub fans like how I used to. I used to feel, especially during the interleague crosstown games, that I HAD to be at Comiskey to DEFEND my team and our fans against those Bozo's. Since at the time, Comiskey would be like 50/50 Sox to Cub fans.

THANK GOD 2005 happened and changed that. During the 3 games vs the cubs at Comiskey last year, it was about 90/10 Sox to cub fans and it was beautiful! And then at the urinal, it was about 50/50 Cubs to Sox fans. It's amazing what a World Series Title will do!!!

So anyway, to recap,

Cubs Organization=meh

Cubs fans=trash of human existence

They are called bleacher bums for a reason.

minutia
04-16-2007, 11:57 AM

In Wrigley, they must have like a box of excuses written on 3 X 5 cards for Cubs managers to just pull from after a loss.

Lou also said he can't wait for the "ivory" to turn green. :roflmao:

LOL-I love the 3x5 card line. :rolling:

FielderJones
04-16-2007, 12:51 PM
I mean, in the early 80's, NOBODY was going to Cubs games. Someone on WSI posted an interesting stat. Something like 1982, the cubs had like 4,500 fans in the stadium for OPENING DAY!

26712 on opening day 1982 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1982/B04090CHN1982.htm). The year you want is opening day 1975 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1975/B04140PIT1975.htm); only 4780 attendance that day! Between those years the opening day attendance averaged well above 30,000.

johnr1note
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
26712 on opening day 1982 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1982/B04090CHN1982.htm). The year you want is opening day 1975 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1975/B04140PIT1975.htm); only 4780 attendance that day! Between those years the opening day attendance averaged well above 30,000.

But the game you link to in 1975 was played in Pittsburgh.

DrCrawdad
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM

That was at the Pirates home, Three Rivers, NOT Wrigley.

FielderJones
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
That was at the Pirates home, Three Rivers, NOT Wrigley.

Aggghhh! :angry: :redface:

Clicked the wrong link. Cubs home opener was a bit better, 19239 (http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1975/B04100CHN1975.htm).

Anyway, I had been going back year by year from 1982 to see if any of the Cubs home openers had attendance in the 4000s. Seems like that is a WSI urban legend.

UserNameBlank
04-16-2007, 01:47 PM
How do you view the Cubs?

From the top looking down.

Go Sox.

Thomes Forearm
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM

technically? technically the NSide houses the worst franchise in SPORT. technically, you "fans" over-pay for crappy seats that offer a sub-par view, crowded lines for Old Style and the feel of what it was like to watch a baseball game in 1936. technically, you still have to go on other team's message boards and make posts that incite to get your rocks off.

so, ill see your technicality argument and raise you one slice of literal: We won and you still have not. Literally, 1:88 is better than 1:100. Literally, you have one true SP that still hasn't come thru this season. Literally, we have 4 SPs that have proven something in the past two years. Literally, our 3,4,5 spots are better. Literally, Soriano is one of the worst CF's ive seen in many moons.

and your stadium smells like pee...literally.

mshake, you are the coolest poster here, and i want you to come over for dinner so we can discuss starting our own messaging board. We'll call it "The ForeArm Shake: Where Technical Arguments Always Win."