PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Club Premium Membership Idea

havelj
04-10-2007, 04:13 PM
I signed up for the 13-game Ozzie plan again this year the day the tickets were available. I also continued my membership with the Sox Pride Club (Premium.) I received my membership card in the mail with the "premium" sticker.

9 of the 13 games I got are in the upper deck. What do you all think about this?

For the games I am in the upper deck, I can flash my Sox Pride Club card (which has my name on it) to the ushers and it will allow me and a guest to go to the lower deck.

Thoughts?

doublem23
04-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I signed up for the 13-game Ozzie plan again this year the day the tickets were available. I also continued my membership with the Sox Pride Club (Premium.) I received my membership card in the mail with the "premium" sticker.

9 of the 13 games I got are in the upper deck. What do you all think about this?

For the games I am in the upper deck, I can flash my Sox Pride Club card (which has my name on it) to the ushers and it will allow me and a guest to go to the lower deck.

Thoughts?

Maybe you should just pay for a lower bowl ticket and you can leave your Sox Pride Club card at home.

ewokpelts
04-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Maybe you should just pay for a lower bowl ticket and you can leave your Sox Pride Club card at home.what's this lower "bowl" you speak of? Last I checked we have a lower deck.

MCHSoxFan
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I do not like calling it "Lower Bowl". I call it either Lower Deck or Main Concource. That is a nice thing, though. Is that more money than just buying all lower level seats?

ewokpelts
04-10-2007, 05:02 PM
I do not like calling it "Lower Bowl". I call it either Lower Deck or Main Concource. That is a nice thing, though. Is that more money than just buying all lower level seats?the pride club is between 20 and 30 bucks.
if you're not planning to seat jump, i guess it's an ok move. not that many people really buy the membership, so it wont be a huge crush of additional people downstairs.
I'd like the membership mor if they offered ticket deals at the box office and not just online deals(i hate ticketbastard fees) and maybe discounts on merchandise and food at the park(i'm down for online merch deals too)

Scottiehaswheels
04-10-2007, 05:07 PM

Thoughts?Why not just use pride club to buy the lower deck seats they offer?

havelj
04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Why not just use pride club to buy the lower deck seats they offer?

I agree with that.

However, I was specifically talking about the 9 games of my Ozzie Plan that I already have in the upper deck. I bought those tickets well before the Sox Pride Club membership.

jenn2080
04-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I agree with that.

However, I was specifically talking about the 9 games of my Ozzie Plan that I already have in the upper deck. I bought those tickets well before the Sox Pride Club membership.

It would end up causing problems. The Pride Club is not a police badge.

Scottiehaswheels
04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I agree with that.

The problem with this is other people would catch on.. buy the cheapest ticket available for whatever game they plan on going to, buy the membership and the UD would be empty

russ99
04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I also have an Ozzie plan and am a bit miffed at the large amount of lower deck tickets currently available for most of my non Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox games - that I was given upper deck tickets in my plan, most of which are above row 14. At the time, we weren't given an option for lower deck purchases for some non-prime games.

I might buy tickets in the lower deck for some of my Ozzie plan games and either sell at a loss or give away my (high up) upper deck tickets.

Maybe next year, those of us who blow $750-1000 up front in January for Sox tickets could get much better seats. :angry:

I also feel a bit ripped off on the Pride club, since those seats are only available from the 1st through the 15th of the month before the games take place. I was hoping to get some Ranger tickets for next Tuesday through the Pride Club, but now those tickets are unavailable and have been since March 15th.

Sometimes I think the Sox box office & Ticketmaster are out to screw ya, and only season ticket/suite holders are really taken care of as a customer.

jenn2080
04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
I also have an Ozzie plan and am a bit miffed at the large amount of lower deck tickets currently available for most of my non Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox games - that I was given upper deck tickets in my plan, most of which are above row 14. At the time, we weren't given an option for lower deck purchases for some non-prime games.

I might buy tickets in the lower deck for some of my Ozzie plan games and either sell at a loss or give away my (high up) upper deck tickets.

Maybe next year, those of us who blow $750-1000 up front in January for Sox tickets could get much better seats. :angry:

I also feel a bit ripped off on the Pride club, since those seats are only available from the 1st through the 15th of the month before the games take place. I was hoping to get some Ranger tickets for next Tuesday through the Pride Club, but now those tickets are unavailable and have been since March 15th.

Sometimes I think the Sox box office & Ticketmaster are out to screw ya, and only season ticket/suite holders are really taken care of as a customer.

:rolleyes: I don't think this is the case at all really. How is it the Sox fault if a game sells out? Believe me there are plenty of us who got screwed out of the pre sale for season tix holders.
There are plenty of ways to verify seats before making the purchase online. You just need to make some calls. I checked online for a co worker for season tickets. They did not have seats available in the lower deck online but when I called my rep they had quite a few seats.
Just because the tix are not available through the Pride Club does not mean that you can not go. There are still plenty of seats available.

BeefyD
04-10-2007, 06:16 PM
What he is trying to say is that most Ozzie plan holders got upper deck tickets as the 'best available' and lower deck was not even an option.

However, most games have lower deck tickets available.

BTW: RUSS - You can get section 115 for the Rangers game right now on Ticketmaster. Even though you were not allowed to with your Ozzie plan.

DoItForDanPasqua
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
It would end up causing problems. The Pride Club is not a police badge.

And a police badge should get you anywhere?

Frontman
04-11-2007, 10:08 AM
And a police badge should get you anywhere?

Used to get you a lot back in the day.

russ99
04-11-2007, 10:48 AM
What he is trying to say is that most Ozzie plan holders got upper deck tickets as the 'best available' and lower deck was not even an option.

However, most games have lower deck tickets available.

BTW: RUSS - You can get section 115 for the Rangers game right now on Ticketmaster. Even though you were not allowed to with your Ozzie plan.

Cool, thanks for the tip! I hope the weather cooperates for that game! :D:

I don't mean to rip against the Ozzie plan, since I do have good seats to a number of games (including some really nice UD seats behind the plate) and tickets to the Yankees, Astros, Cubs & Red Sox.

Hopefully, next year the Sox don't hold back lower deck tickets for single game on-sale for those of us who are willing to pre-pay for the majority of their ticket purchases.

I'll definately go through the Sox sales office next year for my partial season instead of Ticketmaster's online ticketing, since that seems to be the cause of some of these skewed seat assignments.

BeefyD
04-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I spoke to my rep regarding the whole upper deck for games vs. the Rangers and Royals and such, and basically, the Sox held a LOT of tickets for potential 27-game plans (weekday packages). When it got closer to Opening Day, they had to release them to the public.

skottyj242
04-11-2007, 12:28 PM
The Sox only care about season ticket holders and nobody else. What makes them so dang special? I'm the one that's getting screwed. I should just beat up a cop and take his badge, then they'll let me go where I want...they would have to.

russ99
04-11-2007, 01:14 PM
I spoke to my rep regarding the whole upper deck for games vs. the Rangers and Royals and such, and basically, the Sox held a LOT of tickets for potential 27-game plans (weekday packages). When it got closer to Opening Day, they had to release them to the public.

Well, now since those tickets are released to the public, is there any chance of a ticket exchange or upgrade possibility for us Ozzie Plan holders?

Doubtful, I guess, but worth a query.

bridgeportcopper
04-11-2007, 01:15 PM
The Sox only care about season ticket holders and nobody else. What makes them so dang special? I'm the one that's getting screwed. I should just beat up a cop and take his badge, then they'll let me go where I want...they would have to.

You wanna meet somewhere? Maybe Jefferson Park Tap?

BeefyD
04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, now since those tickets are released to the public, is there any chance of a ticket exchange or upgrade possibility for us Ozzie Plan holders?

You can only try on day-of-game. I tried. Even went down to the Cell and spoke face-to-face with my 'rep'.

russ99
04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
You can only try on day-of-game. I tried. Even went down to the Cell and spoke face-to-face with my 'rep'.

Oh well... I only have a beef with 2 or 3 games, so I'll just pick up better tickets if available and for the Ozze tix, either sell below face (WSI ticket exchange) or give away to friends/family. I certainly won't get my plan online next year.

BeefyD
04-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Oh well... I only have a beef with 2 or 3 games, so I'll just pick up better tickets if available and for the Ozze tix, either sell below face (WSI ticket exchange) or give away to friends/family. I certainly won't get my plan online next year.

Or upgrade day-of-game. Good way to check is looking at Ticketmaster mid-day of the game to see what's still available.

skottyj242
04-11-2007, 01:41 PM

Am I being challenged to a fight? It was a joke.

ewokpelts
04-11-2007, 01:50 PM
The Sox only care about season ticket holders and nobody else. What makes them so dang special? I'm the one that's getting screwed. I should just beat up a cop and take his badge, then they'll let me go where I want...they would have to.a guy who buys 27 games and pay for them in one fell swoop(especially if you buy the st pack online) is much more attractive than a guy buying one game online.

ewokpelts
04-11-2007, 01:51 PM

i know you can upgrade day of game, but i'd ask if you can do it in advance.

soxfan13
04-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Is that the new place for the police to beat up civilians:tongue:

jenn2080
04-11-2007, 02:39 PM

:rolling:

dwalteroo
04-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Out of curiosity - where did you learn you can do this? It doesn't say anything about this on the Sox Pride Club Web site: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/spc/index.jsp

Also, is this for each type of membership (premier and regular)?

havelj
04-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Out of curiosity - where did you learn you can do this? It doesn't say anything about this on the Sox Pride Club Web site: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/spc/index.jsp

Also, is this for each type of membership (premier and regular)?

It does not say that. I was asking if that scenario was a possibility.

ewokpelts
04-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Is that the new place for the police to beat up civilians:tongue: makes me miss jimbos already