PDA

View Full Version : E-mail From Jerry

Rocky Soprano
04-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Dear White Sox Fans,

Passion, Pride and Tradition. Those three words carry great meaning for the Chicago White Sox and for White Sox fans.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/cws_vision.jsp?type=letter

Whitesox029
04-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Pretty cool that they'd make that statement to the fans. I think it shows that they really are committed to making the Sox the class of Chicago and MLB.
Maybe Jerry will buy the Blackhawks too...

ewokpelts
04-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Pretty cool that they'd make that statement to the fans. I think it shows that they really are committed to making the Sox the class of Chicago and MLB.
Maybe Jerry will buy the Blackhawks too...

:reinsy

What do you think I am, Stupid? Not even Jesus Christ could save that franchise.

MCHSoxFan
04-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I got that e-mail, too. I just love his and the attitude of the organization as a whole. GO SOX!!!

lumpyspun
04-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Dear White Sox Fans,

Passion, Pride and Tradition. Those three words carry great meaning for the Chicago White Sox and for White Sox fans.

Almost sounds plagairized from Douglas Macarthur's farewell speech:

"Duty," "Honor," "Country" - those three hallowed words...:tongue:

Irishsox1
04-10-2007, 05:31 PM
You have to give credit to the guy, he went from public enemy #1 to being viewed as a great owner for bringing Chicago 7 championships (Bulls 6, Sox1). The best thing he's done for the Sox is bring economic stability. Jerry is criticized for being cheap, but he's got the money like no other Sox owner every had.

XplodingScorbord
04-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Man, big ups to Jerry and the organization. This is good stuff!

IlliniSox4Life
04-10-2007, 07:36 PM

What do you think I am, Stupid? Not even Jesus Christ could save that franchise.

Actually, it would be very easy to save the franchise. Ir is probably the poorest run franchise in all of sports.

gobears1987
04-10-2007, 07:55 PM
You have to give credit to the guy, he went from public enemy #1 to being viewed as a great owner for bringing Chicago 7 championships (Bulls 6, Sox1). The best thing he's done for the Sox is bring economic stability. Jerry is criticized for being cheap, but he's got the money like no other Sox owner every had.I don't think we can justify calling him cheap when we have one of the largest payrolls in baseball.

gobears1987
04-10-2007, 07:57 PM

What do you think I am, Stupid? Not even Moses could save that franchise.
Fixed it for you:redneck

Jurr
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
You have to give credit to the guy, he went from public enemy #1 to being viewed as a great owner for bringing Chicago 7 championships (Bulls 6, Sox1). The best thing he's done for the Sox is bring economic stability. Jerry is criticized for being cheap, but he's got the money like no other Sox owner every had.
Sox are 4 or 5 in payroll in the entire MLB. How things have changed. WSI used to have a plethora of JR haters back in the day, condemning him for his lack of spending. A ring with a 75 million dollar payroll changes a lot of things, does it not?

Am I wrong? Am I wrong?

chisox77
04-10-2007, 09:51 PM
I feel that over the years, we have witnessed the evolution of the White Sox organization. It has been, at times, a painful, yet gradual upward trend since 1981. This organization has undergone a profound change in attitude, how it views itself, and now, how the fans view it, and even how the rest of MLB views it. The brand name has much more prestige, and there are many good days ahead for the Sox.

:cool:

ChetChat
04-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Any one know the exact "from" for the White Sox emails? I used to get them last year, but some how they must be hitting my spam blocker. I need to add the list serve they send it from to get them.
Play ball!

Whitesox029
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Any one know the exact "from" for the White Sox emails? I used to get them last year, but some how they must be hitting my spam blocker. I need to add the list serve they send it from to get them.
Play ball!
under "from," for me, it says:
"whitesox.com" <feedback@lists.mlb.com>

voodoochile
04-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Nice little letter sent to subscribers to the official site. The link within it is to a more marketable version of most of the ideas he presents...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/cws_vision.jsp?type=letter

jabrch
04-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Not to moderate the mods...

but

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86187

voodoochile
04-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Not to moderate the mods...

but

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86187

Thanks...:redface:

SBSoxFan
04-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Sox are 4 or 5 in payroll in the entire MLB. How things have changed. WSI used to have a plethora of JR haters back in the day, condemning him for his lack of spending. A ring with a 75 million dollar payroll changes a lot of things, does it not?

Am I wrong? Am I wrong?

Actually, I guess it doesn't. People still call him cheap. I was shocked when I saw, as you mentioned, that the Sox were 4th in payroll.

jabrch
04-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Actually, I guess it doesn't. People still call him cheap. I was shocked when I saw, as you mentioned, that the Sox were 4th in payroll.

That number is somewhat misleading as it doesn't factor in the $ we are getting kicked back to us on Thome and Javier's deals. That said, the "JR is cheap" crap was ridiculous when it was being preached 4 years ago, and it is still ridiculous today.