PDA

View Full Version : Hawk on NESN now

NoNeckEra
04-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Hawk is in the booth for the Red Sox game on MLB extra innings if you have it.(at least he is now at 2:05 central time)

mshake10
04-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Was he there for the whole game or just some select innings?

Fenway
04-10-2007, 07:44 PM
He did top third ( when Mariners were batting )

He expects White Sox to be "fine" but he enjoyed being home

Hawk also has told people here that he is going to Mass Eye and Ear tomorrow as something isn't right with his eyes :(:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/04/10/1176237759_3367.jpg
After the ceremonial first pitches were thrown, Mike Andrews greeted Kevin Youkilis (20), while Ken "Hawk" Harrelson extended his hand at backround right.
(Globe Staff Photo / Jim Davis)

HotelWhiteSox
04-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Just listened to it on MLB.tv

- Raved about Yastrzemski and reminisced of his playing days there. Comments on how that team he was on really revolutionized baseball in New England, how in the past they'd count the people in the stands.
- Said Boston has a good ball club, but likes our Sox too (used 'we' and 'us' for the White Sox). Wouldn't trade Ozzie for anyone. Says that Chicago probably has the two best managers in the game.
-Last year was a better team on paper, but the killer instinct/heart wasn't there, and he thinks it's back this year. Team to beat is Detroit. Sheffield was a big move, will either be our worst enemy or best friend. But again, he thinks we'll win if we have that instinct back.

Fenway
04-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Just listened to it on MLB.tv

- Raved about Yastrzemski and reminisced of his playing days there. Comments on how that team he was on really revolutionized baseball in New England, how in the past they'd count the people in the stands.
- Said Boston has a good ball club, but likes our Sox too (used 'we' and 'us' for the White Sox). Wouldn't trade Ozzie for anyone. Says that Chicago probably has the two best managers in the game.
-Last year was a better team on paper, but the killer instinct/heart wasn't there, and he thinks it's back this year. Team to beat is Detroit. Sheffield was a big move, will either be our worst enemy or best friend. But again, he thinks we'll win if we have that instinct back.

I could not help but noticing when Jerry Remy asked him "How Ozzie doing?" Hawk kind of did a sidestep with it.

Brian26
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
He expects White Sox to be "fine" but he enjoyed being home

I could not help but noticing when Jerry Remy asked him "How Ozzie doing?" Hawk kind of did a sidestep with it.

Quit trying to stir up ****, Fenway.

Fenway
04-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Quit trying to stir up ****, Fenway.

He did not knock Ozzie

but he didn't defend him either

says the WS need to get back the killer instict they had in 2005 ( which I think all of you would agree with )

Brian26
04-10-2007, 08:41 PM
He did not knock Ozzie

Although Hawk isn't beyond changing his tune depending on who the audience is, I've seen his schtick enough times in person to know Ozzie is his guy. This isn't even debatable, especially after the way the Manuel era ended.

nasox
04-10-2007, 08:43 PM
He did not knock Ozzie

says the WS need to get back the killer instict they had in 2005 ( which I think all of you would agree with )

Sometimes, in all honestly, you can act like a troll. Just saying.

Fenway
04-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Although Hawk isn't beyond changing his tune depending on who the audience is, I've seen his schtick enough times in person to know Ozzie is his guy. This isn't even debatable, especially after the way the Manuel era ended.

Hawk told the NESN audience he likes the White Sox this year.

He simply sidestepped when Remy asked him about Ozzie.

Brian26
04-10-2007, 08:49 PM

He simply sidestepped when Remy asked him about Ozzie.

Hawk claimed two months ago at Soxfest that Ozzie would be three-for-three in World Series victories if Frank and Mags hadn't got hurt in 2004 and if Podsednik was 100% healthy in 2006. Are you telling me something's happened in the first six games of the season (actually five games since Hawk didn't see last night) to change his attitude?

Or did Hawk forget how to get home? :rolleyes:

Fenway
04-10-2007, 08:49 PM

WHAT???? says the WS need to get back the killer instict they had in 2005 ( which I think all of you would agree with )

geeze I was simply passing on what he said to a Red Sox audience

Honestly I think Hawk is far more concerned with his eyesight right now than anything baseball and I hope it goes well for him tomorrow at Mass Eye and Ear.

whitesoxwilkes
04-10-2007, 08:56 PM

Sometimes people overreact to Fenway because he's a fan of both Sox.

All of you, calm down...

Brian26
04-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Actually you told his that he said they would be "fine."

chisox77
04-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Hawk looks good in Red Sox uniform. Thanks for providing the photo, Fenway.

:D:

LongLiveFisk
04-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Sometimes people overreact to Fenway because he's a fan of both Sox.

All of you, calm down...

True enough....I guess we all take things differently but it didn't really faze me too much. :dunno:

Hawk did look good in those threads though, didn't he? :wink:

whitesoxwilkes
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
True enough....I guess we all take things differently but it didn't really faze me too much. :dunno:

Hawk did look good in those threads though, didn't he? :wink:

You're dadgum right.

Fenway
04-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Be clear on one thing.

Hawk NEVER wanted to leave Boston as a broadcaster but he could not remain silent when Haywood Sullivan destroyed the team.

Mrs Yawkey fired him in January of 1982 and Einhorn hired him 2 weeks later.

Hawk has come to love Chicago and the White Sox but Boston was the happiest time of his life as both a player and broadcaster.

INSox56
04-10-2007, 09:19 PM
WHAT????

geeze I was simply passing on what he said to a Red Sox audience

Honestly I think Hawk is far more concerned with his eyesight right now than anything baseball and I hope it goes well for him tomorrow at Mass Eye and Ear.
His eyes didn't seem to bother him much last year when he was flying by me on the IN toll road home after a game! hehe Hope all's well, definitely