PDA

View Full Version : Mistake on White Sox website.

Mr.1Dog
04-10-2007, 11:17 AM
:?: Does anyone notice anything unusual about April 5th:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cws

crazyozzie02
04-10-2007, 11:19 AM
since when did we become our national leauge counterparts?

MCHSoxFan
04-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Yes, I have already noticEd that Mark got hit against CIN. It should be CLE.

Mr.1Dog
04-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Yes, I have already noticEd that Mark got hit against CIN. It should be CLE.

And we should be CWS not CHC.

CLR01
04-10-2007, 11:23 AM
since when did we become our national leauge counterparts?

Since opening day when the fans in the park decided to cheer every fly ball hit out of the infield like it was a home run.

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Just another Cub fan party joke. :?:

IlliniSox4Life
04-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Since opening day when the fans in the park decided to cheer every fly ball hit out of the infield like it was a home run.

It has seemed worse this year. It really is annoying when you are watching on TV and can't get the same read as if you were there.

Tip to new fans: If you have a bad angle to judge fly balls, or just aren't good at it, watch the outfielders. They will tell you if the ball is going out or not by the way they play it.

eriqjaffe
04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
And we should be CWS not CHC.A Chicago starting pitcher got injured, so it's an understandable mistake.

HotelWhiteSox
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Their websites are always a mess. Yesterday the Angels site had 'Angels and Sox to play at Miller Park' (for the Cleveland series starting tonight)

IlliniSox4Life
04-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Wait a second. This isn't a Cubs message board? ****.

itsnotrequired
04-10-2007, 12:57 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27836

DumpJerry
04-10-2007, 01:05 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27836
Well..............make that two.

jenn2080
04-10-2007, 01:06 PM
We should probably write the Trib, Times and MLB and let them know how angry we are for this typo.

Hokiesox
04-10-2007, 01:20 PM
It has seemed worse this year. It really is annoying when you are watching on TV and can't get the same read as if you were there.

Tip to new fans: If you have a bad angle to judge fly balls, or just aren't good at it, watch the outfielders. They will tell you if the ball is going out or not by the way they play it.

The surest sign I ever saw was a homerun in Baltimore a few years ago (one of our guys hit it, can't remember his name...he went on to the Expos), and the Baltimore Right Fielder at the time didn't even move. Not one inch. The ball landed about 10 feet in front of the warehouse.

CLR01
04-10-2007, 01:46 PM
The surest sign I ever saw was a homerun in Baltimore a few years ago (one of our guys hit it, can't remember his name...he went on to the Expos), and the Baltimore Right Fielder at the time didn't even move. Not one inch. The ball landed about 10 feet in front of the warehouse.

Wasn't that Jeff Liefer? Has he made it out of that bathroom yet?

doublem23
04-10-2007, 01:51 PM

In defense, I was at the game Saturday against the Twins and A.J. missed two home runs by a combined 4-5 feet. He took both outfielders to the warning track and he hit both balls very solidly. I had a bad angle on both hits from the Upper Deck and given the way both outfielders broke immediately back, I thought both of them were gone.

My biggest pet peeve is the idiot who always yells "Drop it!" when a guy is settling underneath a routine fly ball. These guys aren't T-ballers.