PDA

View Full Version : Another MLB.TV thread (Mac stuff)

hi im skot
04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Last season I stuck with my PC to watch MLB.TV games, but it died a couple months ago and the MacBook is my primary computer now.

It appears that MLB still hasn't figured out that Macs are becoming more and more prevalent, because I'm having a heck of a time trying to watch games on MLB.TV. I'm using Camino as my browser, which is basically Firefox's Mac browser.

Anybody else using a Mac and MLB.TV? Are you able to get full-screen video? Is Bud Selig the devil? I need answers!

Thanks!

NoNeckEra
04-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm on a PowerBook G4 and signed up last week for the premium speed service, hoping the quality would be like TV.

Not one game I watched for the first few days went two minutes without "hiccups" and loss of picture/sound, etc. Very frustrating.

Couldn't get "Mosiac" to work either. Went thru an entire evening downloading upgrades and still couldn't get it to work.

Then the news came of the cable TV settlement and I dumped mlb.tv like a hot potato. And besides, since I live in chicago, when I travel on business mlb.tv won't let me watch the sox anyway, even from the road(blackout rules).

hi im skot
04-09-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm also having issues with other websites while MLB.TV is up. This page, for example, looks screwy.

Dammit.

russ99
04-10-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm also having issues with other websites while MLB.TV is up. This page, for example, looks screwy.

Dammit.

Congrats for making the switch! :D:

To get MLB.TV on macs, you need to download the Flip4Mac extension from microsoft's web site. This allows for full .wmv support using QuickTime or Windows Media Player for Mac. If only MS would release Media Player 10 for Mac...

Also, from experience, Firefox is the best browser to use for MLB.TV on a Mac. MLB has pretty good tech support for Mac users, so if you're still having trouble, drop them an e-mail. I've gotten a good response from them in the past.

hi im skot
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I am glad to say I have the flip4mac extension---my sister works for Apple and hooked me up with a lot of the important stuff like that. However, I'm still unable to get the MLB.TV video in full-screen. Any ideas for that?

Thanks a ton for your help! :smile:

lumpyspun
04-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Congrats for making the switch! :D:

To get MLB.TV on macs, you need to download the Flip4Mac extension from microsoft's web site. This allows for full .wmv support using QuickTime or Windows Media Player for Mac. If only MS would release Media Player 10 for Mac...

Also, from experience, Firefox is the best browser to use for MLB.TV on a Mac. MLB has pretty good tech support for Mac users, so if you're still having trouble, drop them an e-mail. I've gotten a good response from them in the past.

This is all true....Flip 4 mac is a must and Firefox works great for me. I have a Macbook Pro and mlb.tv streams just fine and Mosaic has been working great as well, in full screen too. I'm not sure why you aren't able to get it in full screen if you have Firefox and Flip...:(:

hi im skot
04-10-2007, 12:50 PM
This is all true....Flip 4 mac is a must and Firefox works great for me. I have a Macbook Pro and mlb.tv streams just fine and Mosaic has been working great as well, in full screen too. I'm not sure why you aren't able to get it in full screen if you have Firefox and Flip...:(:

What do I need to do to get the full-screen? On the PC, I just double-clicked the screen and it went to full screen....on the Mac, nothing.

Fuller_Schettman
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
I have struggled using the Flip4mac/Firefox to view fullscreen. I can't seem to call up any preferences either. So I use Safari and can watch 6 games at a time and go full screen. Works real well...