PDA

View Full Version : Ponson's outing today.

JermaineDye05
04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
5.2 IP 10 H 8 ER 2 HR 3 BB 2 SO

A-Rod with another homerun.

FedEx227
04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Timberwolf doesn't care, he's still amazing.

I seriously still can't see why teams keep giving him 2nd chances. He has done nothing in his career, and I'm especially miffed considering the Twins clearly have a better option in Matt Garza.

White City
04-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Sidney Ponson is AWESOME. From our perspective. :cool:

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2007, 07:59 PM
**** Sidney Ponson and **** the Twins.

Jurr
04-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I want to know whether Contreras picked up something off of a glass or toilet seat from Ponson. Hopefully it has passed. We'll see tonight, baby!

White City
04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
cheeses, you'll LOVE this: The Twins announcers were trying to distract us all from the Ponson crapfest by talking about how disturbed the Twins were about the bad calls Santana was getting on Sunday. Supposedly there was debate about whether the catcher should have given the ump some grief, since the manager has a history with that ump. I believe the same guy (Jeff Davis?) is the one who threw Buddy Bell out in the first inning tonight for arguing what was clearly a bad call on a fan interference. MAN I LOVE EXTRA INNINGS!

DrummerGeorgefan
04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
with his hair like that, i think he's channeling Mr Perfect, Curt Henning

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2007, 08:08 PM
cheeses, you'll LOVE this: The Twins announcers were trying to distract us all from the Ponson crapfest by talking about how disturbed the Twins were about the bad calls Santana was getting on Sunday. Supposedly there was debate about whether the catcher should have given the ump some grief, since the manager has a history with that ump. I believe the same guy (Jeff Davis?) is the one who threw Buddy Bell out in the first inning tonight for arguing what was clearly a bad call on a fan interference. MAN I LOVE EXTRA INNINGS!

Santana allowed 4 baserunners and they're claiming the umps were against him?!?

:whatever:

Jurr
04-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Isn't it great? I love hearing these morons when their boys are getting creamed. I'd rather listen to homers lamenting than guys that try not to be homers trying not to lament. :bandance:

oeo
04-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Timberwolf doesn't care, he's still amazing.

I seriously still can't see why teams keep giving him 2nd chances. He has done nothing in his career, and I'm especially miffed considering the Twins clearly have a better option in Matt Garza.

The longer they keep Ponson, the better. I don't see their current rotation holding up very long.

FarWestChicago
04-09-2007, 08:49 PM
...and I'm especially miffed considering the Twins clearly have a better option in Matt Garza.Why are you "miffed"? Are you a Twinks fan? :o:

santo=dorf
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Why are you "miffed"? Are you a Twinks fan? :o:
Didn't you hear? Terry Ryan walks on water.

FedEx227
04-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Why are you "miffed"? Are you a Twinks fan? :o:

No, just amazed that an organization that prides itself on having a great farm system would instead sign a fat, ineffective moron as opposed to using two of their top pitching prospects (Garza, Baker).

But trust me, I'll TAKE it!

PeteWard
04-10-2007, 05:36 AM
And the Sox should have had him Saturday, right? :angry:

voodoochile
04-10-2007, 08:35 AM

And that is the ultimate proof of how bad he is. Veteran pitchers who get their regular slot skipped suck. It's that simple...

SoxfaninLA
04-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Ponson needs to stay in the rotation but not pitch quite this badly. A few more outings like this and he will be out of the rotation by the end of April. Let him linger until the end of June, hopefully by then the Twins will have dug themselves a nice little hole. They will have a lot more trouble getting out of that hole this year than last year. Garza looks like he will be a decent pitcher, but he certainly isn't Liriano coming to rescue them like before.

Fred Manrique
04-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Every Ponson, Silva, and Ortiz start is a blessing for us... here is to them being just bad enough to stay in the rotation and push the Twins for fourth place.

I just don't see how anyone thinks they can finish better than third with this group of pitchers.

SOXPHILE
04-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Perhaps if Ponson takes a few laps back and forth across the Mississippi River on a jet ski, and assaults a judge when he gets back to shore, he'll be back to his old self.

TDog
04-10-2007, 01:56 PM

You know the the cliche parent line about giving you something to cry about.

Don't whine about 7 innings of shutout pitching. Even if Santana goes down with an injury, your whining will only grow tiresome.

oeo
04-10-2007, 02:25 PM

There's not a doubt in my mind that we would have won that series had we played Friday. That's alright, though, let ESPN and the Twins think they're something special...I know what this Sox team is capable of if they continue pitching like they have been.

ma-gaga
04-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm in an aggrivating Catch-22.

I want Ponson gone. I want Silva gone. I want Ortiz gone. But they can only be dumped if they suck. And I don't want them to suck. If the Twins offense could put up 7-8 runs a game, that would be one thing. But they can't. So, logically, the only way to trim the fat from the roster is to sacrifice part of the season. And that "logic" hurts me.

You'd think they'd learn their lesson. :angry: :angry:

ma-gaga
04-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I would like to create a contest to see how many innings:
Silva pitches.
Ortiz pitches.
Ponson pitches.

My preliminary over/under is:
Silva = 120 innings.
Ortiz = 80 innings.
Ponson = 80 innings.

I figure the Twins will give them each 10-12 starts before bringing up the kids. and Silva will stay on the team all year in the mop up roll.

Scottiehaswheels
04-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Silva pitches.
Ortiz pitches.
Ponson pitches.

Silva = 120 innings.
Ortiz = 80 innings.
Ponson = 80 innings.

I figure the Twins will give them each 10-12 starts before bringing up the kids. and Silva will stay on the team all year in the mop up roll.Aside from Garza/Baker who do you have that would take the 3rd spot? AA guy?

oeo
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Silva pitches.
Ortiz pitches.
Ponson pitches.

Silva = 120 innings.
Ortiz = 80 innings.
Ponson = 80 innings.

I figure the Twins will give them each 10-12 starts before bringing up the kids. and Silva will stay on the team all year in the mop up roll.

Silva- over; about 140.
Ortiz- I'll say over right now because he really wasn't bad in his first start, but I don't think he'll stick around that long...90.
Ponson- under...why was he even signed? :?:

Jurr
04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
How about another Twins flop this evening? Wow. Bonzer really crapped himself. Don't give me that crap about the Yanks being Murderer's Row every night, either. Baltimore and Tampa pitched them fairly well.

Yeah, Ron Gardenhire. You like that post-Santana hangover, don't ya? :bandance:

PeteWard
04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Minny and Cleveland showing some glaring weaknesses....Cleveland's bullpen is making what was a blowout,very interesting in the 8th. Now only if Detroit's starters would come back to earth.

Dan the Man
04-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Minnesota is in some serious trouble with their starters this year. The only guy they can count on for sure every time out is Johan. Bonser is not consistent yet, and Silva, Ortiz, and Fat Sid certainly aren't scaring anyone. A good lineup and bullpen won't mean anything if your starters can't keep you in the game.

Scottiehaswheels
04-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Speaking of Minny... Ma-gaga whats up with Bartlett? You guys have anything in the minors that can play SS? season is 7 games old and he has 4!! errors already?

jdm2662
04-10-2007, 09:55 PM
How about another Twins flop this evening? Wow. Bonzer really crapped himself. Don't give me that crap about the Yanks being Murderer's Row every night, either. Baltimore and Tampa pitched them fairly well.

Yeah, Ron Gardenhire. You like that post-Santana hangover, don't ya? :bandance:

The thing that should be noted, if A-Rod doesn't hit that grand slam, BALT sweeps the Yankees, in NY. Tampa isn't really a surprise. They always play the Yankees tough.

Why the Twins signed Ponson is beyond me. I'm not complaining, though.

oeo
04-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Speaking of Minny... Ma-gaga whats up with Bartlett? You guys have anything in the minors that can play SS? season is 7 games old and he has 4!! errors already?

*cough* scrub *cough*

Cuck_The_Fubs
04-11-2007, 10:06 AM
The longer they keep Ponson, the better. I don't see their current rotation holding up very long.
Yeah, until they face the sox, and Ponson pitches 8 strong innings of 0 run ball.:angry: It's almost ineviteable.

ma-gaga
04-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Aside from Garza/Baker who do you have that would take the 3rd spot? AA guy?

Garza, Perkins, Baker, and Slowey all project out to be major league starters. Perkins and Slowey are still a little young. But it would have been nice for the Twins to try and break in ONE more young pitcher at the start of this year.

Bartlett looks terrible. The more disturbing thing is that he's not getting to the balls that he got to last year. He took a ball of his hand during spring training, so he might be hurt and "toughing it out". The Twins have a somewhat disturbing trend of asking their player to play hurt.

Alternates include Alexi Casilla, who is a speedy second baseman. Otherwise, they could use their "utility" player (Jeff Cirillo?) once HE gets off the DL at 3rd and shift Punto over to SS.

The way I see it, is that it's likely an injury, and will work itself out within a couple of weeks. But, I'm an optimist. There are some people here that are sure that Bartlett's is the Twins equivalent of Royce Clayton.

ma-gaga
04-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Garza, Perkins, Baker, and Slowey all project out to be major league starters.
Alternates include Alexi Casilla, who is a speedy second baseman.

Perkins was called up, and Casilla played SS last night. I'm prescient!

Ramon Ortiz has looked really damn good in his two starts. I might be wrong about him.