PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Song Halarious Lyrics

Domeshot17
04-09-2007, 07:36 PM
On the way to my job interview today I was flipping through the radio stations and US 99 was broadcasting live giving away cubs tickets. Someone had written a song for the cubs, I assume it was new I had not heard it before, and wow did it really sum up cubs fans.

Im not going to post the entire lyrics unless I find them on the site, but the 2 lines that really sum it "We like our cubs and we love our beer" and later on it goes "by the end of the game we won't even know the score, or the team we are playing, doesn't matter anymore".

While I too love my beer, it pretty much sums it up, from a cubs fans point of view, that they like to go to wrigley, drink, don't care about the game much. I just found this humorous. Sorry if this came across as flubsessed, not usually one to post about the Cubs but this was too good to ignore.

UserNameBlank
04-09-2007, 07:41 PM
On the way to my job interview today I was flipping through the radio stations and US 99 was broadcasting live giving away cubs tickets. Someone had written a song for the cubs, I assume it was new I had not heard it before, and wow did it really sum up cubs fans.

Im not going to post the entire lyrics unless I find them on the site, but the 2 lines that really sum it "We like our cubs and we love our beer" and later on it goes "by the end of the game we won't even know the score, or the team we are playing, doesn't matter anymore".

While I too love my beer, it pretty much sums it up, from a cubs fans point of view, that they like to go to wrigley, drink, don't care about the game much. I just found this humorous. Sorry if this came across as flubsessed, not usually one to post about the Cubs but this was too good to ignore.
I love my beer too, and the beer is a very important part. But the beer only amplifies my happiness after a Sox win or amplifies my anger after a Sox loss.

The games really do matter.

eastchicagosoxfan
04-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Not to hijack, but in a similiar vein, can someone link to " 50 Ways to Lose a Ballgame "? Was that song specifically about the Cubs?

Mr.1Dog
04-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Sorry about this hijack as well, but did anyone watch the news where a woman from the South Side with her dog "Comiskey" was buying standing room only tickets because she is a "Wrigley Fan.":?: Atleast she is honest. And the topper was all the interviews of people saying Wrigley is a dump.

MsSoxVixen22
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
The company I work for, one of our major clients is WGN radio. We print the Cubs pocket schedules and our multimedia department made a Cubs song too. They were playing it ad nauseum last year or the year before, here at work. There was a part that said everyone loves the Cubbies. :rolleyes: No everyone doesn't love the Cubbies! I think they still play it on WGN before or during Cubs games

PatK
04-17-2007, 12:02 PM
I can't wait for the inevitable breakup of the Tribune/WGN/Cubs