PDA

View Full Version : I hate Tickets.com!

HawkDJ
03-23-2002, 11:34 AM
I've been trying for a half hour now for some darn seats but it keeps saying it can't process due to high volume of people or whatever. I seriously doubt there are that many people and now I probably won't get any tickets!

doctor30th
03-23-2002, 11:52 AM
I finally got tickets on there. Nothing like taking 45 minutes to get tickets 4 rows from the top of the upper deck.

Wohoo. I'll probably be surrounded by cubs fans.

nut_stock
03-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Well, Im sure all the traffic is only for 4 games. Cubs-Sox and opening day

Streets
03-23-2002, 12:25 PM
I used to get the same crap with ticketmaster "sorry we're busy try again" Thankfully I am using my schools network provided internet where things just pop up like that....it still took me about 5 minutes of "busy" but I was able to get lower deck, 15 rows back. If I was at home I would have been screwed.

NorthSideConvert
03-23-2002, 02:20 PM
I slept in this morning. Thank G*d for season tickets... and southwest airlines. NSC

HawkDJ
03-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Ok so I finally got some tickets. I'm going to the Mets on June 10, Mariners on August 10 and Indians on September 7. The only Cub-Sox were way upper deck so we decided not to since we can only go to 3 games. By we I mean me and OEO Magglio.

Dadawg_77
03-23-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I've been trying for a half hour now for some darn seats but it keeps saying it can't process due to high volume of people or whatever. I seriously doubt there are that many people and now I probably won't get any tickets!

FYI: for future notice check your catche settings, make sure it always checks for updates.

hsc1
03-23-2002, 10:45 PM
i happened to be at the ballpark today for the garage sale and over heard a few guys talking to others they were in line with to get tickets, that someting crashed on the network when they tried to get tickets.com due to the heavy server traffic..... so they jumped in their car and hurried to the ballpark to get their tickets....the lines were long but most people coming away from the ticket gates were smiling cause they were able to obtain choice seats in the lower levels for most games including sox/cubs... im with you on this one northsideconvert... thank goodness for season tickets... but i dont need southwest airlines, just a fast car....lol.....

uksoxfan
03-24-2002, 07:56 AM
I've just bought 3 tickets for Memorial Day game with the Yanks & requested them to be mailed to me over here......that should test their system eh!!! I used the SOX site not ticket.com, or are they the same?

Cheers........ :gulp:

HawkDJ
03-24-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by uksoxfan
I've just bought 3 tickets for Memorial Day game with the Yanks & requested them to be mailed to me over here......that should test their system eh!!! I used the SOX site not ticket.com, or are they the same?

Cheers........ :gulp:

The British are coming! The British are coming! :smile: :D: