PDA

View Full Version : 4/6 PPD Date!

MCHSoxFan
04-06-2007, 02:28 PM
The game tonight (4/6/07 Versus Min), is now a 7/6 game. It will be a double-header. That game is 7:11 P.M., so the 4/6 game will most likely be 12:05 or 1:05 game. Keep checking and go Sox!

mcg
04-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Where'd you hear this? I already have tickets for 7/6 and I've never been to a double-header. Anyone know how one goes about picking up tickets for the other half of a double header?

TornLabrum
04-06-2007, 02:45 PM
The Sox web site is still saying the make-up game date is TBD.

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I don't believe anything until I see it from the Sox.

MCHSoxFan
04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Where'd you hear this? I already have tickets for 7/6 and I've never been to a double-header. Anyone know how one goes about picking up tickets for the other half of a double header?

I heard this info on a scoreboard update on 670 the score. It was the Mike Murphy show. The only way you can see the 4/6 game on 7/6 is if you buy tickets to the 5/6 game. Not sure, how you would go about doing this, though.

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I heard this info on a scoreboard update on 670 the score. It was the Mike Murphy show. The only way you can see the 4/6 game on 7/6 is if you buy tickets to the 5/6 game. Not sure, how you would go about doing this, though.

That makes no sense. What about the people who had tickets for today's game. Are they just ****ed?

TornLabrum
04-06-2007, 02:52 PM
The Score's web site is also giving the 7/6 date. In the past the Sox have not done day-night doubleheaders, so unless they start something new, game 1 will simply be played with a starting time of about 4:00 p.m.

If you had tickets you can turn them in for that date if you'd like, or for comparable tickets for any other date.

MCHSoxFan
04-06-2007, 02:55 PM
That makes no sense. What about the people who had tickets for today's game. Are they just ****ed?

SORRY!!! I meant to say: You can see both games on 7/6, if you buy tickets to the 4/6 game, (NOT 5/6, SORRY). If you have 4/6 tickets already, they are obviously valid for the proper game on 7/6.

TornLabrum
04-06-2007, 03:00 PM
SORRY!!! I meant to say: You can see both games on 7/6, if you buy tickets to the 4/6 game, (NOT 5/6, SORRY). If you have 4/6 tickets already, they are obviously valid for the proper game on 7/6.

And I'd also like to point out once again that rain checks can be turned in for any future date, not just the make-up date.

sox1970
04-06-2007, 03:01 PM
They won't do a day/night on a Friday. That would be a nightmare. It'll be 4pm.

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Ok cool :thumbsup: Looks like I'm going to take off July 6. That day could be epic... double header vs. the ****ing Twins, a nice July day of baseball...:gulp: :bandance:

And I'd also like to point out once again that rain checks can be turned in for any future date, not just the make-up date.

Interesting...

Murphy10
04-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I definitely want to go see a double header against the twins. I don't think I've ever been to a double header. Definitely one of the things on my to do list

sox1970
04-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I definitely want to go see a double header against the twins. I don't think I've ever been to a double header. Definitely one of the things on my to do list

Word of advice--show up in the middle of the first game. Trust me.

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Word of advice--show up in the middle of the first game. Trust me.

Hahaha. Why?

Bruizer
04-06-2007, 03:23 PM

So then only the folks with tickets for the 7/6 game will get their seats. The folks with the 4/6 tickets will have to turn them in to get new seats to either the 7/6 game or some other game? :?:

I'm so confused. :cool:

Bru

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 03:28 PM
So then only the folks with tickets for the 7/6 game will get their seats. The folks with the 4/6 tickets will have to turn them in to get new seats to either the 7/6 game or some other game? :?:

I'm so confused. :cool:

Bru

The regularally scheduled 7/6 game is played at 7:11. Today's makeup game will be played at some point during the day.

The only people admitted to the day makeup game are the ticket holders to today's game and the walkups. They will treat seating like todays avaiable seating.

After the makeup game is over, everyone will have to leave the park. Then, everyone will be let in who has tickets for the 7/6 night game.

sox1970
04-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Hahaha. Why?

It can be a long day, that's all. Plus, the drinking.

ewokpelts
04-06-2007, 03:29 PM
NOTHING'S BEEN ANNOUNCED BY THE SOX.

Relax.
Remain Calm.

There's no way they'll give up the 25k in tickets already sold AND piss off the 20k that are season ticket holders.

MCHSoxFan
04-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Ok cool :thumbsup: Looks like I'm going to take off July 6. That day could be epic... double header vs. the ****ing Twins, a nice July day of baseball...:gulp: :bandance:

Interesting...

Thanks for accepting my aplogy!!!
:D:

Bruizer
04-06-2007, 03:37 PM
The regularally scheduled 7/6 game is played at 7:11. Today's makeup game will be played at some point during the day.

The only people admitted to the day makeup game are the ticket holders to today's game and the walkups. They will treat seating like todays avaiable seating.

After the makeup game is over, everyone will have to leave the park. Then, everyone will be let in who has tickets for the 7/6 night game.

Okay, thanks. You would think they would want to leave some time between games to get everyone out and clean-up the park. I would bet a day/night double header would be most likely.

Bru

itsnotrequired
04-06-2007, 03:54 PM
NOTHING'S BEEN ANNOUNCED BY THE SOX.

Relax.
Remain Calm.

There's no way they'll give up the 25k in tickets already sold AND piss off the 20k that are season ticket holders.

Nothing on whitesox.com even saying 7/6 is the makeup date...

DoItAllJoeHall
04-06-2007, 04:00 PM
7/6 makes the most sense. I'm guessing a day/night doubleheader, with an 11am or 12pm start time.

DaBears
04-06-2007, 04:01 PM
If it does end up being a day/night DH, can you tailgate in the parking lot while waiting to get back in the park? It would be a nice Summer day if you get 2 games, 2 tailgates and 2 White Sox Winners!
:supernana:

mwc44
04-06-2007, 04:02 PM

I hope that is the way it works out... that would be perfect since I have today's game and another of my season ticket partners has July 6... until...

Game one goes into extra innings, say maybe 14. People start coming for the 7:11 game and the parking lots are full, and every artery into 35th and Shields is clogged... and not by churros, hot dog nitrates or the goop they put on the nachos! :o:

"Sit back, relax, and strap it down..."

DumpJerry
04-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok, ok before everyone starts dragging Brooks and Kenny in efigy down the street, let's wait a day or so for the official announcement. Other teams in this situation where the make up becomes a double header do it by clearing out the park between games so that ticketholders for the right game go to the right game. They will probably do the same for parking.

I hope this rumor is true. It would be great going into the ASB with a four game sweep of the Twinks!

TDog
04-06-2007, 04:07 PM
They won't do a day/night on a Friday. That would be a nightmare. It'll be 4pm.

Have the White Sox ever hosted a day-night doubleheader? Some years ago, only the Red Sox were allowed to charge two admissions to two games on the same calendar day because of the small capacity of Fenway. After a subsequent collective bargaining agreement, my understanding was that the players on both teams had to consent for two games with two admissions on the same day. Players hate the day-night thing more than doubleheaders (defined in baseball rules as two games for one admission). As a fan, I don't care if the team "loses a gate." Well, maybe if I were a Cubs fan ...

I loved doubleheaders when I was a kid. They used to be a Sunday staple of baseball (with Tony Muser playing first base in Game 2). The summer twi-nighters were awesome.

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 04:30 PM
In 2004 the Sox played a double header against the Blue Jays in early May at home. I'm pretty sure it was a Friday or Saturday.

TheCommander
04-06-2007, 04:35 PM
In 2004 the Sox played a double header against the Blue Jays in early May at home. I'm pretty sure it was a Friday or Saturday.

It was a Saturday and I was there for both.

AZChiSoxFan
04-06-2007, 04:46 PM

Doubleheaders are one of my favorite things in life!!!

I had the great pleasure of attending the Sox-Rangers DH in August of 2005 in Arlington. The Sox were making up a game that had been rained out in May. The Sox lost the opener, but won the nightcap behind a stong outing from B-Mac and a few RBI from Dye, IIRC.

I also attended a Sox - Rangers DH in the old Arlington Stadium in August of 1990.

tick53
04-06-2007, 04:52 PM
The Sox web site is still saying the make-up game date is TBD.

yeah, i just came from there.

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Nothing on whitesox.com even saying 7/6 is the makeup date...

I don't know where people are getting this July 6 date from...

As I said, I believe nothing until I hear it from the Sox. That being said, A July 6 double header against the Twins would be great.

DumpJerry
04-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I was at a doubleheader once where they blew up some phonograph records.

sox1970
04-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't know where people are getting this July 6 date from...

As I said, I believe nothing until I hear it from the Sox. That being said, A July 6 double header against the Twins would be great.

The Sox probably told The Score that it will be July 6th. It probably has to go through some league approval process, preventing the Sox from making an official anouncement.

doublem23
04-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I was at a doubleheader once where they blew up some phonograph records.

Can that technically be a double header if they didn't play the 2nd game? :cool:

DumpJerry
04-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Can that technically be a double header if they didn't play the 2nd game? :cool:
Yes because game 2 showed up as a "L" for the Good Guys in the standings.:angry:

MarySwiss
04-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I loved doubleheaders when I was a kid. They used to be a Sunday staple of baseball (with Tony Muser playing first base in Game 2). The summer twi-nighters were awesome.

Second that! I was at a bunch of double-headers as a kid, and I especially liked the twi-nighters.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Second that! I was at a bunch of double-headers as a kid, and I especially liked the twi-nighters.

The most fun night I ever had at the ballpark was a twi-nighter at old Comiskey Park back in 1988. I was in a group that had a party in the old Patio Room before the first game, so I was at the ballpark by 1 pm. The first game went extra innings, followed by a terrific mid-game entertainment show featuring Ashley Whippet (a small greyhound) running across that *huge* outfield to catch Frisbees in his mouth. Then after the second game we stayed for the fireworks, sitting up in the front row of the deepest corner of the upper deck near the old Monster scoreboard. The damned fireworks were literally raining down on us.

I was at the ballpark for over ten hours.
:cool:

TornLabrum
04-06-2007, 05:17 PM
An email sent by the White Sox at 3:53 p.m. says no make-up date has been determined. The Score is still going with July 6, and the announcement I heard on the air a couple of hours ago said that the game would be made up as part of a twi-night doubleheader.

This is the way the Sox have always done it. One ticket, two games. The Sox are telling everyone to hang on to tickets and parking passes until a decision for a make-up date has been reached.

Now let's assume The Score's reporting is correct. What you will need to do is return your tickets to the Sox box office requesting the date you wish to replace them for. (I've always done it in person.)

No, they don't clear the parks between games of a twi-night doubleheader. The same ticket (the one you've gotten from the Sox from redeeming your ticket from tonight's game) gets you into both games. You don't have to leave the ballpark, and you get the same seat for both games. This isn't Boston where they play a day game, clear the place, and then have a separate game with separate tickets.

I hope that clarifies any of the misinformation passed along by some in this thread.

NU Nish 13
04-06-2007, 05:43 PM
sorry if this has already been answered then and i missed it...but if 4/6 tickets get you in for both games, then what happens to the ticketholders of the game that was originally scheduled for 7/6? are their tickets invalid or whats the deal? thanks

dllrbll7
04-06-2007, 06:46 PM
sorry if this has already been answered then and i missed it...but if 4/6 tickets get you in for both games, then what happens to the ticketholders of the game that was originally scheduled for 7/6? are their tickets invalid or whats the deal? thanks

Typically the 7/6 tickets would be let in for the game and the tickets from todays game would have to be redeemed for other seats for that game or another.

cws05champ
04-06-2007, 06:47 PM
So it looks like we'll miss Santana in this series...:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

JB98
04-06-2007, 07:49 PM
So it looks like we'll miss Santana in this series...:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

We wish. Santana is pitching Sunday against Danks.

TornLabrum
04-06-2007, 08:04 PM

Typically the 7/6 tickets would be let in for the game and the tickets from todays game would have to be redeemed for other seats for that game or another.

Let me add that you're far better off trading in today's tickets well before the 7/6 doubleheader. That could be the only way you get tickets anywhere near the ones you have for today because I imagine ticket sales have been be pretty strong for a July night game against the Twinkies. But as the Sox advised, hold on to them until they make an announcement.

DumpJerry
04-06-2007, 08:20 PM
We wish. Santana is pitching Sunday against Danks.
Wrong. Contreras. Danks is skipping his start.

JB98
04-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Wrong. Contreras. Danks is skipping his start.

Wrong.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070406&content_id=1882476&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

DumpJerry
04-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Wrong.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070406&content_id=1882476&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
All right. That's it. I'm gonna perma ban The Score. They are the ones talking about July 6th doubleheaders and the Sox skipping Denks' start this weekend.

If they want to get unbanned, they have some 'splainin to do.....:angry::rolleyes:

anewman35
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070406&content_id=1883227&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

Schedule set: The make-up date for Friday's postponed game against the White Sox has already been set. With blustery conditions and snow predicted for the Chicago area again on Saturday, the possibility of a doubleheader was negated for this weekend. Instead, the two teams will play a day-night doubleheader on Friday, July 6, with the first game scheduled for 4:05 p.m. CT at U.S. Cellular Field.

Of course, that statement makes no sense, since if the first game starts at 4, it clearly isn't a day-night double header. I guess we'll have to see what the Sox say.

TornLabrum
04-06-2007, 11:58 PM
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070406&content_id=1883227&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

Of course, that statement makes no sense, since if the first game starts at 4, it clearly isn't a day-night double header. I guess we'll have to see what the Sox say.

With the current generation of writers who think beaning is something other than getting hit on the bean (head), I wouldn't doubt that they wouldn't know that what they're talking about is called a twi-night (short for twilight-night because they used to start at 6:00 p.m.) doubleheader.

DumpJerry
04-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Per the White Sox site: "a makeup date has yet to be set."

Right hand, meet left hand......

Jurr
04-07-2007, 08:41 AM
The White Sox have a plan, and it's good. They know I'm on a 6 game winning streak in games I've attended at U.S. Cellular. This includes the AJ walkoff/Rowand base hit to beat the Dodgers on Sunday night games, Buehrle beating the Royals, last year's opener, and more.

They are trying to hold off Twins games until I move back up there in late June. Genius. Pure Genius. :redneck

mcg
04-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Assuming that July 6th is indeed the make-up date then does that mean those of us that already have tickets for the 7/6 get a 2 for 1 deal? Can we enter the park at 4 for the first game or do we have to buy tickets for that game too?

I'm so confused. :?:

WhiteSoxFan84
04-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Wouldn't they move up the first game to either 1 or 2pm and play the 2nd one at 7pm?

Law11
04-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Assuming that July 6th is indeed the make-up date then does that mean those of us that already have tickets for the 7/6 get a 2 for 1 deal? Can we enter the park at 4 for the first game or do we have to buy tickets for that game too?

if in fact that was the date planned I'll be using my seats in row AA for that game if someone for the second game is sitting in them they would have to vacate those seats for that game and sit elsewhere.

anewman35
04-07-2007, 05:10 PM

For like the 10th time, nobody knows yet. It depends if they make it a split double header or a regular double header. We won't know until the Sox officially announce it.

TornLabrum
04-07-2007, 05:54 PM
For like the 10th time, nobody knows yet. It depends if they make it a split double header or a regular double header. We won't know until the Sox officially announce it.

And let me add for the tenth time that the Sox have never had split doubleheaders.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-07-2007, 06:08 PM
And let me add for the tenth time that the Sox have never had split doubleheaders.

Split doubleheaders are sooooo Red Sox. And the drainage is so poor in that dump of a ballpark they play in, they must lead the league in ripping off their fans with those day/night "give us all your money, you idiots" affairs.

anewman35
04-07-2007, 07:25 PM

That's true, although it wouldn't surprise me if they did start to do them, because I'm sure they want to try to hit 3 million and they aren't going to do it if they lose a gate.

ewokpelts
04-09-2007, 11:57 AM

Split doubleheaders are sooooo Red Sox. And the drainage is so poor in that dump of a ballpark they play in, they must lead the league in ripping off their fans with those day/night "give us all your money, you idiots" affairs.Read the back of the ticket. It specifically mentions split doubleheaders.