PDA

View Full Version : cold/rain out question

southwstchi4life
04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
So, I bought my tickets for tonights game off of stubhub. These are season tickets of someone. Im confused. Since these are season tickets, in order to exchange them for another date or get my money back, Does the actual owner of the season tickets have to be at the box office to get the money back or whate ever they do. Im confused about how this works. Its hard for me cause im away at school, and wont be able to make it back for a while. I was wondering if there is any way to get mymoney back?

mrfourni
04-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't think you can get a refund. My suggestion would be to put them on stubhub, or ebay yourself.

If the season ticket holder wants to be a real jerk, he could put those tickets on the season ticket exchange and completely screw you.

Bruizer
04-06-2007, 01:51 PM
When an event is cancelled, they'll send you an email to let you know. Return your tickets within 2 weeks of receiving their e-mail and they'll fully refund the cost of the tickets plus all service and shipping/handling fees.

If an event has been postponed and rescheduled, your tickets are yours to use on the new date. If you're unable to use the tickets, you should post them for sale. Unfortunately, no refunds will be issued.

Bru

rwrona67
04-11-2008, 08:26 AM
I received the tickets as a gift from a season ticket holder for tomorrow's game. If the game gets rained out, do I need to go to the box office to get tickets for another game? What about if the game is rescheduled, do I need to do anything or simply go to the rescheduled date with the tickets from the original game?

Steelrod
04-11-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't think you can get a refund. My suggestion would be to put them on stubhub, or ebay yourself.

If the season ticket holder wants to be a real jerk, he could put those tickets on the season ticket exchange and completely screw you.
There is no ticket exchange!
Yesterday's tickets are good on the 9th.

twsoxfan5
04-11-2008, 08:50 AM
I received the tickets as a gift from a season ticket holder for tomorrow's game. If the game gets rained out, do I need to go to the box office to get tickets for another game? What about if the game is rescheduled, do I need to do anything or simply go to the rescheduled date with the tickets from the original game?

Simply go to the rescheduled date with your tickets for tomorrow's game if it does in fact get rescheduled. There is no need to go to the box office.

DumpJerry
04-11-2008, 08:52 AM
The original post was done on April 6th and it said they were for "tonight's" game. Despite how the people felt about the outcome of that game, it was indeed played. Looks like the original poster's concerns did not have to be addressed, but s/he does raise a good issue.

asg2003ws2005
04-11-2008, 08:53 AM
So, I bought my tickets for tonights game off of stubhub. These are season tickets of someone. Im confused. Since these are season tickets, in order to exchange them for another date or get my money back, Does the actual owner of the season tickets have to be at the box office to get the money back or whate ever they do. Im confused about how this works. Its hard for me cause im away at school, and wont be able to make it back for a while. I was wondering if there is any way to get mymoney back?They re-scheduled the game. You gotta use it for that game.

jsg-07
04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Not to hijack here but I did not want to start an entirely new thread for a similar question.

Regarding tommorows game against Detroit. The weather is looking pretty crappy again and my wife bought me section 128 row 6 tickets off of stub hub for valentines day and dropped about $300 on them. Unfortunately, we have plans in the evening Saturday so I dont know if we will be able to hang out at the stadium all day / early evening while they wait for it to clear up.

My question, for those who go to a lot of day games, will they generally call the game early if it is forecasted to be raining all day, or will they hold off and try to play it at night in this type of situation??

Thanks,

asg2003ws2005
04-11-2008, 08:55 AM

If the season ticket holder wants to be a real jerk, he could put those tickets on the season ticket exchange and completely screw you.Stubhub has "fanprotect". If the seller did that, they can get in deep doo-doo with stubhub.
the buyer's tix are guranteed to be authentic and scan-able.

If not, he gets his money back.

Seller loses the money he made, and can get banned from stubhub.

Bruizer
04-11-2008, 09:52 AM
The original post was done on April 6th and it said they were for "tonight's" game. Despite how the people felt about the outcome of that game, it was indeed played. Looks like the original poster's concerns did not have to be addressed, but s/he does raise a good issue.

Actually, the original post is dated April 6, 2007. :o:

Anyway, for any rescheduled games, the tickets are still valid for the make-up date, and you can't get a refund through StubHub for valid tickets. You're best bet is to resell them if you can't make the make-up date.

Bru

asg2003ws2005
04-11-2008, 10:59 AM
the sox will allow you to exchange parking passes, but you gotta ask first.

DumpJerry
04-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Actually, the original post is dated April 6, 2007. :o:

Anyway, for any rescheduled games, the tickets are still valid for the make-up date, and you can't get a refund through StubHub for valid tickets. You're best bet is to resell them if you can't make the make-up date.

Bru
Good catch, Bru! I see the new member has been going through a lot of old threads.......

Taliesinrk
04-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Good catch, Bru! I see the new member has been going through a lot of old threads.......

:thumbsup: - that's a good thing

asg2003ws2005
04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
:thumbsup: - that's a good thingkinda...under the radar.....

Jurr
04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
By the way, is there going to be a game played tonight, or will there be yet another rainout?

jdm2662
04-11-2008, 03:27 PM
By the way, is there going to be a game played tonight, or will there be yet another rainout?

By the looks of this, it looks like they might have some delays, but it's more than possible to get the game in:

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipcode=60616&metric=0

I'm more interested in tommorrow and Sunday. I was going to go tommorrow, but it's going to be even worse tommorrow.

goon
04-11-2008, 03:27 PM

Good question, I have tickets to tonight's game.

rwrona67
04-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Is there somewhere you can signup online to receive an email or text alert if a game gets cancelled?