PDA

View Full Version : All right, I've stopped panicking

cheeses_h_rice
03-22-2002, 05:03 PM
It's only Spring Training. The season is a long, long, long, long, long contest. I have faith in my Sox to pull out the Central, regardless of how poor some of their pitching has been.

Therefore, I'm not editing my picks.

To quote Jerry Seinfeld, "I choose not to run!"

To quote George Costanza, "I'm going down with the ship!"

Sorry, Jerry. No Twins bandwagon for me, thank you.

THE_HOOTER
03-22-2002, 05:12 PM
To be honest, whether it's spring training or the playoffs, this is the crappiest display of pitching I've ever seen.

Gotta love it when our "ace" gives up 11 runs. Well, maybe it's more because I've stopped listening.

Good to see Wunsch in mid-season form. He was a flash in the pan. Get rid of him.

Boy, I am afraid to start the season. I might change my prediction of 78 victories down to 73. :angry:

Spiff
03-22-2002, 05:15 PM
They are still going to win the series...

Randar68
03-22-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
To be honest, whether it's spring training or the playoffs, this is the crappiest display of pitching I've ever seen.

Gotta love it when our "ace" gives up 11 runs. Well, maybe it's more because I've stopped listening.

Good to see Wunsch in mid-season form. He was a flash in the pan. Get rid of him.

Boy, I am afraid to start the season. I might change my prediction of 78 victories down to 73. :angry:

The sky is just breaking apart, I swear it's starting to collapse!

Jerry_Manuel
03-22-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Sorry, Jerry. No Twins bandwagon for me, thank you.

That's cool, I have the whole bandwagon to myself then so I'm happy.

Kilroy
03-23-2002, 12:34 AM

Better now than after April 1st. Sometimes things happen when the bell rings. How many times have we seen a team look like they don't have it, and then when the playoffs start, they look totally different. I don't think the Sox have the ability to just turn it on, but I also think that there's a mentality change that's going to happen as soon as the games start to count.

Right now, everyone is talking about how badly they've pitched, and I'm sure that each pitcher is going out and thinking that they need to show something. In 9 days, the slate gets wiped clean and the crappy ST era's mean nothing. I think we'll see better than we've seen so far, but I think that we are definitely in need of some help. Even getting Butter back would be big. I have high hopes for Rauch, but no confidence, and Danny Wrong scares me. Maybe the Sox can beat the snot out of some opposing pitchers and give their pitchers some room to relax and get into a groove.

RedPinStripes
03-23-2002, 01:03 AM

:prozac

Here ya go.

dougs78
03-23-2002, 04:17 PM
I want to go officially on the record as saying I am firmly backing the White Sox and I have the utmost confidence this year will progress nicely. To me this means winning 90-some games and winning the division. I am somewhat troubled by the pitching display this spring, but I just keep thinking about last year's second half.

We were playing at our best in the second half of last year, and we have the virtually the same personnel as we had at that time. The guys we were running out to the mound in the second half are all still here, with the exception of Lowe and Kip Wells. Those young guys pitched well enough last season and I can't see any reason they would somehow be worse this year. Bottom line: WE ARE OK!

Conehead
03-23-2002, 05:00 PM
Well, otherwise there is always next season... :D:

Bmr31
03-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
They are still going to win the series...

which one? That 3 game set against Tampa? :)

Spiff
03-23-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

which one? That 3 game set against Tampa? :)

Among others...