PDA

View Full Version : Intro Music?

twsoxfan5
04-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Before you all get bent out of shape I am not asking what the 2 songs are. I already know that after seeing numerous threads on it. I am wondering if anyone else noticed how quiet Thunderstruck is now? I sit is section 159 next to the left field bleachers and I can barely here the music now. I think a lot of it has to do with the new lighting sound effects that play over it but I don't like it. The music is barely audible now and it does not get me as pumped up. I dont really need music to get me pumped but I loved it when the music was pounding. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it louder in another section? I just want to get some opinions before I write Brooks on it. I didn't see any other threads on this yet so forgive me if has been addressed.

esbrechtel
04-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I agree...I miss hearing thunderstruck so loud I can feel it in my chest....

MCHSoxFan
04-06-2007, 12:35 PM
It is softer now. I do not know why, though.

Sargeant79
04-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Couldn't agree more. Visually the new effects are cool, but I remember being a little let down on opening day when I didn't hear Thunderstruck in the familiar way. I would love to hear it loud again with the same video playing.

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I wish the Thunderstuck was louder. Always a great way to start the game. Hopefully, it gets turned up soon. The "electric & thunder" noises are lame.

I'd sign the letter, twsox.

twsoxfan5
04-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I wish the Thunderstuck was louder. Always a great way to start the game. Hopefully, it gets turned up soon. The "electric & thunder" noises are lame.

I'd sign the letter, twsox.

Have there been letters written from people at WSI that others have signed. If we could get something going that would be great. He has listed in the past.

Murphy10
04-06-2007, 03:21 PM
yeah I was in 108 for the opener, and I was waiting for it to start, and all I could hear was a faint "thunder"

WhiteSox5187
04-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Yea, I'm not a big fan of the new intro...it doesn't get me quite as pumped up as the old one did, but I gotta say, AJ looks like a Roman God of War or something in that new intro when he's towering over the ballpark with lightening flashing around him.

schmitty9800
04-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Have there been letters written from people at WSI that others have signed. If we could get something going that would be great. He has listed in the past.
Someone should just email Brooks this thread (I haven't made it out yet but I love the booming thunderstruck). Also make sure to link him to this http://anythingsaid.blogspot.com/2005/02/you-can-take-girl-out-of-indiana.html

When I was about 13 years old, a freshman point guard joined the team, a kid from Michigan named Brooks Boyer. He mostly sat the bench, coming in from time to time to shoot three-pointers. He was cute, all-American, muscled -- he became my Chosen One.

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 03:25 PM

No, but I once sent a link to a thread to Brooks. He will read your e-mail and give you a responce, and probably read the thread. He's awesome like that.

I say do it. But be civil, nothing will put people off than a childish "this sucks" letter about a complaint.

Judging by the posts on this thread and the reaction to the intro on Opening Day, its more than just us that think the softening of Thunderstruck is disapointing.

soxfan43
04-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I'd have to agree. I was at the games Monday and Wednesday, you could barely hear the music. Thought maybe it was just an opening day glitch, but it was the same on Wednesday.

MCHSoxFan
04-06-2007, 05:21 PM
What is Brooks' e-mail adress? Thanks!!! :smile:

chisoxmike
04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
bboyer@chisox.com

RealMenWearBlack
04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
It was even quiet on Wednesday when the crowd was probably at 1/4 capacity. I'd like it to be just as loud as I would normally listen to it and last year's volume was just about right.

twsoxfan5
04-06-2007, 06:29 PM
So i sent him the email and here it. I tried to keep it respectful and I think I did so: Mods if it is too big feel free to take it down

Hey Brooks,
Hope the season is going well for you so far although I think we would both agree that it could be going better. I am a lifelong White Sox fan who grew up on the south side of Chicago. I am a season ticket holder and have been for a few years. I have tickets with my sister in section 159 row 17. Anyways enough about me I am writing b/c I have a bit of a complaint about the new intro. Although I think the player graphics and the lightening are great Thunderstruck is barely audible b/c of the other sound affects that are playing over it. All you can really hear now are the lightening strikes and the highlights. I am not sure if this can be adjusted but I imagine that it can be. Thunderstruck is a song that has become synonymous with the White Sox over the past few years and I think it gets a lot of people pumped up for the start of the game. Now with the song being as quiet as it is I donít seem to get that same feeling that I got before. Donít get me wrong seeing the Sox come on the field gets me pumped up in itself but having Thunderstruck playing loudly in the background just added something special to it. I am a member of White Sox Interactive and I posted this question to site and have received feedback and everyone seems to have the same opinion as me on the matter. They convinced me to write this email to you to see what your thoughts were on the matter. Everyone on the site speaks very highly of you and I feel the same way. All in all I enjoy my experience at the field more than ever, but this was just one little hiccup I wanted to make you aware of. Thanks in advance for reading my email and I look forward to hearing back from you. Have a great day and Go Sox! Feel free to view the thread that I started on this matter at: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86026 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86026)

Thanks again,
twsoxfan5

JB98
04-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I agree with the thoughts expressed in this thread. Turn "Thunderstruck" up. Just thought I'd post that, in case Brooks actually does read the thread. I imagine he will.

Crede_Fan
04-06-2007, 08:18 PM
I agree with the thoughts expressed in this thread. Turn "Thunderstruck" up. Just thought I'd post that, in case Brooks actually does read the thread. I imagine he will.

:thumbsup:

Turn it Up!!!

milrtyme28
04-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I agree - I was there on Saturday and I thought it might have just been my imagination - it was soooo cold. But if everyone else noticed it too, well, then it is way too quiet. I love the new effects and video, but crank up thunderstruck too. Just my 2 cents.

chisoxmike
04-08-2007, 10:23 PM
So i sent him the email and here it. I tried to keep it respectful and I think I did so: Mods if it is too big feel free to take it down

Hey Brooks,
Hope the season is going well for you so far although I think we would both agree that it could be going better. I am a lifelong White Sox fan who grew up on the south side of Chicago. I am a season ticket holder and have been for a few years. I have tickets with my sister in section 159 row 17. Anyways enough about me I am writing b/c I have a bit of a complaint about the new intro. Although I think the player graphics and the lightening are great Thunderstruck is barely audible b/c of the other sound affects that are playing over it. All you can really hear now are the lightening strikes and the highlights. I am not sure if this can be adjusted but I imagine that it can be. Thunderstruck is a song that has become synonymous with the White Sox over the past few years and I think it gets a lot of people pumped up for the start of the game. Now with the song being as quiet as it is I donít seem to get that same feeling that I got before. Donít get me wrong seeing the Sox come on the field gets me pumped up in itself but having Thunderstruck playing loudly in the background just added something special to it. I am a member of White Sox Interactive and I posted this question to site and have received feedback and everyone seems to have the same opinion as me on the matter. They convinced me to write this email to you to see what your thoughts were on the matter. Everyone on the site speaks very highly of you and I feel the same way. All in all I enjoy my experience at the field more than ever, but this was just one little hiccup I wanted to make you aware of. Thanks in advance for reading my email and I look forward to hearing back from you. Have a great day and Go Sox! Feel free to view the thread that I started on this matter at: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86026 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86026)

Thanks again,
twsoxfan5

Nice job. Let us know his response if he sends on to you.

:thumbsup:

DrGozzie
04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I hope they get that fixed before I make it out to my first game this year - a loud Thunderstruck is definitely part of the experience. Most of my friends are either Cards or Cubs fans, and it's hilarious how they're like - those White Sox fans are really a different breed. They even blast Thunderstruck at the stadium. That makes me smile. Yeah, they do. It's all good.

whitesoxfan14
04-08-2007, 11:58 PM
i agree with all of you. I could barely even hear it on satuday. It was weird seeing that intro for the first time and barely hearing thunderstruck. I like the visual stuff, but the sound effects of the screen are just too loud. Just turn it up. that's all that needs to be done. :smile:

pearso66
04-09-2007, 12:11 AM
I sat in the Lower deck on opening day, and my season tickets are in the upper deck. One thing I noticed, is sitting so close to the field, most of the intros (game intro sounds, and player songs) seemed to be very quiet. In the upper deck, the music is much easier to hear. Granted, Thunderstruck is quieter than last year, but it is louder in the upper deck.

whitem0nkey
04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
I went on Sunday to the game. And I also would like to have Thunderstruck louder. I agree with everyone here.

And if Brooks is reading this, youíre doing a great job buddy! Glad to have you part of the white sox family.

whitem0nkey
04-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I was going to edit my last post but since its an update. I made a new reply.

I got a reply from Brooks.

This was the same exact thought I had when I first heard it. Thunderstruck is too soft. We will fix it for the next homestand.

Thanks for the note,

Brooks

:bandance:

skottyj242
04-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Little Spanish Flea?

twsoxfan5
04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Here is Brooks' response. Much like the post above Brooks is in full agreement and it will be louder for the next homestand. It is really great to have someone on the inside who is so concerned with what our fans think!

You are right. I noticed the same thing. The sound effects were too loud and Thunderstruck was too low. We are fixing it for the next homestand.

Hopefully we got Contreras back last night. That was some White Sox baseball (outside of not getting Pods over and in in the first).

Brooks

FedEx227
04-10-2007, 12:21 PM
What a guy! It's amazing how he will respond to EACH and every e-mail sent his way. I've sent maybe 3-4 on various topics and have gotten quick responses on all.

Thanks again Brooks!

baaadbobbyjenks
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Brooks is the man! I love how he truly cares about fans.

dwalteroo
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
BROOKS absolutely rocks.

skottyj242
04-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Who is this Brooks guy you guys keep talking about?

soxstarter
04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Very nice....!

I noticed also but was so impressed with the whole video addition, that I payed little attention to volume on "Thunderstruck." It will be great, however to have the video which fits so well with the music and sound still pounding. :smile:

esbrechtel
04-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Who is this Brooks guy you guys keep talking about?
Robinson what kind of baseball fan are you?:redneck
On a more serious note I am so glad....Last season I went to a sox game with some friends one of which was a cub fan and he said that hearing thunderstruck so loud you can feel it in your chest was one of the greatest openings for a sports team and he said he envied the sound system the Sox have and wishes they had something like that on the northside...

schmitty9800
04-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Great to hear. Can't wait for the game tonight and can't wait to get out to the park.

twsoxfan5
04-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Did anyone notice if Thunderstruck was any louder last night? Brooks said they would have it fixed by last night. I have tickets tonight but I wanted to know if anyone noticed it last night.

whitem0nkey
04-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Yes it was you could actually hear it. Iím not sure if its as loud as last year, but its definitely louder than the first home game I went to.

twsoxfan5
04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Yes it was you could actually hear it. Iím not sure if its as loud as last year, but its definitely louder than the first home game I went to.

Great thanks, I will listen in tonight.

itsnotrequired
04-18-2007, 10:14 AM

Agreed, it was definitely louder last night.