PDA

View Full Version : Cubs do away with blue alternate jerseys

Whitesox029
04-05-2007, 12:04 PM
...according the Kasper and Brenly. I think this is a good idea on their part. They were really ugly in my opinion... aside from being Cubs jerseys to begin with, that is.

SOXPHILE
04-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Why did Jackass Zambrano like them ? Because he thought they were slimming ?

One thing I thought was stupid about them was they had the patch of the NL logo on one of the sleeves, which I believe was the only jersey in MLB to have something like that. Was it so the players and fans wouldn't forget which league they were in ?

Mr.1Dog
04-05-2007, 04:05 PM
So does this do away with the whole Cubbie blue thing?:?:

russ99
04-05-2007, 04:08 PM
So does this do away with the whole Cubbie blue thing?:?:

Yeah, we wish. Teal anyone? :D:

Iwritecode
04-05-2007, 04:13 PM
They also started putting the names on the backs of the jerseys again. Probably a good thing since their scoreboard doesn't tell you crap.

Whitesox029
04-05-2007, 04:14 PM
They also started putting the names on the backs of the jerseys again. Probably a good thing since their scoreboard doesn't tell you crap.
No, it's because the fans would have seen Marquis on the mound wearing #21 and would have thought "When did Sammy Sosa become a pitcher?"

Iwritecode
04-05-2007, 04:18 PM
No, it's because the fans would have seen Marquis on the mound wearing #21 and would have thought "When did Sammy Sosa become a pitcher?"

I was at a game in 2001 and was sitting far enough away that I couldn't see the names on the jerseys. They brought in a relief pitcher and that's when I first realized how much their scoreboard sucks. It only gives their numbers.

Mr.1Dog
04-05-2007, 04:18 PM

Zing.

nlentz88
04-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I was at a game in 2001 and was sitting far enough away that I couldn't see the names on the jerseys. They brought in a relief pitcher and that's when I first realized how much their scoreboard sucks. It only gives their numbers.

What were you doing watching baseball at Wrigley? Don't you know you're only supposed to look at chicks in halter tops and your cell phone text messaging? Sheesh.

esbrechtel
04-07-2007, 09:58 PM
I find that very interesting they they have done away with their alternate jersey....I wonder why?

SoxandtheCityTee
04-07-2007, 10:24 PM

I'm late to this but :kneeslap: . I am still laughing.

LongLiveFisk
04-07-2007, 10:33 PM

I think you give too much credit. They didn't know what # Sosa wore. They don't know what #'s any of their players wear and THAT'S why the names are going back on the jerseys!

Chicken Dinner
04-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I think you give too much credit. They didn't know what # Sosa wore. They don't know what #'s any of their players wear and THAT'S why the names are going back on the jerseys!

Agreed.

IndianWhiteSox
04-08-2007, 10:41 AM
:lol:

palehozenychicty
04-08-2007, 10:47 AM

So true.

FedEx227
04-08-2007, 09:23 PM

God knows Ron Santo is glad they're back on.

LongLiveFisk
04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
God knows Ron Santo is glad they're back on.

He's probably the one who requested it in the first place! :D:

AZChiSoxFan
04-09-2007, 10:50 AM

:rolling: