PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a dark cloud

IndianWhiteSox
04-05-2007, 05:23 AM
For the ultimate pessemists:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AmbByO551LI7eLB6BP8R36IRvLYF?slug=jp-whitesox040407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

enjoy...
:rolleyes:

Cuck_The_Fubs
04-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Well, that was enlightening.

IlliniSox4Life
04-05-2007, 06:48 AM
This is all just alarmist nonsense. Yeah, there's a bit of a reason to be concerned, but it's 2 regular season games. I swear if it wasn't for the others at WSI who know baseball, I would be going insane right now.

Garland and Burls will be at the very least good. Vazquez can be great himself, but even if he goes back to his 6 and 7th inning meltdowns, we have a better bullpen to deal with it this year. Contreras and Danks are a bit unknown right now, but I think Contreras will be back and at least good, While if Danks doesn't work out, we have plenty of guys behind him who are itching for a shot in the rotation.

Contreras may very well be 70 years old, but he was the best pitcher in baseball the first half of last season and the second half of the season before. He pitched in Cuba. He's been around forever, and he's one tough son of a bitch. Even if his age is catching up to him, he's still got some time left as a decent starter. This is just him taking some time to get used to pitching again after his injury last year. Given everything he's gone through and how happy he seems to be in Chicago after bouncing around all over the place, I have no doubt he's not going to come back and rip it up.

Dan Mega
04-05-2007, 06:56 AM
I think that alot of people will breathe a sigh of relief when the Sox get their first win of the season.

itsnotrequired
04-05-2007, 07:07 AM
I think that alot of people will breathe a sigh of relief when the Sox get their first win of the season.

No way! Any win will be a fluke! This could be the worst team in the history of baseball!

The season isn't even three days old. The Pirates are 3-0, the Royals beat the Red Sox, the defending WS champs have yet to pick up a win, etc. Gimmie a break...

soxinem1
04-05-2007, 07:28 AM
A lot of people won't be happy if we are 13 games in front of MIN by the end of April.

It doesn't help when the manager puts his two cents in as well. Ozzie should keep his concerns (ie, comments) between the team and himself sometimes, esp. right now.

Dan Mega
04-05-2007, 07:37 AM
No way! Any win will be a fluke! This could be the worst team in the history of baseball!

The season isn't even three days old. The Pirates are 3-0, the Royals beat the Red Sox, the defending WS champs have yet to pick up a win, etc. Gimmie a break...

Thats kind of what I meant. Some can't rest easy until they get that first win, which I have a feeling will come today with my guy taking the mound. I think if they can get to this Sowers guy early, he is going to have a bit of trouble. He didn't do too bad last season in most of his starts.

itsnotrequired
04-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Thats kind of what I meant. Some can't rest easy until they get that first win, which I have a feeling will come today with my guy taking the mound. I think if they can get to this Sowers guy early, he is going to have a bit of trouble. He didn't do too bad last season in most of his starts.

At least a certain "sports writer" for the Sun Times hasn't lost his mind yet (actual name and link to article witheld to protect people's sanity).

Dan Mega
04-05-2007, 07:44 AM
At least a certain "sports writer" for the Sun Times hasn't lost his mind yet (actual name and link to article witheld to protect people's sanity).

When you say "sports writer", I assume you mean the media :dtroll:

itsnotrequired
04-05-2007, 07:45 AM
When you say "sports writer", I assume you mean the media :dtroll:

Maybe.:redneck

Check out his recent "column" at your own risk.

Whitesox029
04-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, that was enlightening.
:cower:MY EYES!!!

Just a friendly reminder...
:tealtutor:

thedudeabides
04-05-2007, 08:42 AM

"I wrote that article four months ago. I knew it would pay off." "I'm awesome."

soxfan13
04-05-2007, 08:46 AM
A lot of people won't be happy if we are 13 games in front of MIN by the end of April.

It doesn't help when the manager puts his two cents in as well. Ozzie should keep his concerns (ie, comments) between the team and himself sometimes, esp. right now.

Why I dont think he said anything bad. He said he doesnt like the teams attitude right now and it bothers him, like it should.

Iwritecode
04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
If only we hadn't traded away Freddy and Brandon we'd be 2 - 0 right now. :rolleyes:

Fuller_Schettman
04-05-2007, 08:55 AM

Who would even know? Not me...

russ99
04-05-2007, 08:56 AM

"I wrote that article four months ago. I knew it would pay off." "I'm awesome."

Moronatti sucks. Unfortunately I read his missive today, which stems solely from his personal problems with Sox management.

So, when do we start calling the other paper the "Cub-Times" and the one we used to hate the "Soxune"?

daveeym
04-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Moronatti sucks. Unfortunately I read his missive today, which stems solely from his personal problems with Sox management.

So, when do we start calling the other paper the "Cub-Times" and the one we used to hate the "Soxune"?
Can you say "cut and paste"?

rocky biddle
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
How come none of these so-called sports journalists are writing sky-is-falling columns about Schilling? He looked horrible against the Royals. That must mean he's washed up, right?

As for Mariotti, all I can say is-
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/rockybiddle/vendettasmuglycopy-1.jpg

Hitmen77
04-05-2007, 10:29 AM

Already done.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85904[/URL]

[URL]http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85831 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85831)

duke of dorwood
04-05-2007, 10:39 AM
It was too early for that type of summary on the team as interpreted in the Mariotti column. Some of what he says is true though-about the large and ever increasing amount of TV $ available. And I still have the constant whining about money in my ears from the off season, a season after 51 sell outs, unending sponsorships, and trading a front line pitcher. Yes we have a high payroll-but clearly they didnt get any player they targeted in off season because of money tightness.

chisox77
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
If the White Sox can get through April with 12 or 13 wins, they'll be fine. Looking at the bigger picture helps sometimes. But the first two starting pitching performances are cause for some concern.

Sox will get that first win today. Then they will deal with the Twins a little better over the weekend.

:cool:

SOXSINCE'70
04-05-2007, 10:51 AM
If only we hadn't traded away Freddy and Brandon we'd be 2 - 0 right now. :rolleyes:

Actually,the real reason the Sox are 0-2 is the Cotts trade
and the fact they waived Politte(sp??) and Hermanson.:rolleyes:

Bucky F. Dent
04-05-2007, 11:00 AM
You guys forgot about the special new amendment to the rules of the game instituted by the MLB, if you lose the first two games of the season, you are required to forfeit the remaining 160 games.

Marriotti is such a tool!

IndianWhiteSox
04-06-2007, 05:26 AM
This is all just alarmist nonsense. Yeah, there's a bit of a reason to be concerned, but it's 2 regular season games. I swear if it wasn't for the others at WSI who know baseball, I would be going insane right now.

Garland and Burls will be at the very least good. Vazquez can be great himself, but even if he goes back to his 6 and 7th inning meltdowns, we have a better bullpen to deal with it this year. Contreras and Danks are a bit unknown right now, but I think Contreras will be back and at least good, While if Danks doesn't work out, we have plenty of guys behind him who are itching for a shot in the rotation.

Contreras may very well be 70 years old, but he was the best pitcher in baseball the first half of last season and the second half of the season before. He pitched in Cuba. He's been around forever, and he's one tough son of a bitch. Even if his age is catching up to him, he's still got some time left as a decent starter. This is just him taking some time to get used to pitching again after his injury last year. Given everything he's gone through and how happy he seems to be in Chicago after bouncing around all over the place, I have no doubt he's not going to come back and rip it up.

I agree with you, I just posted an article about what some jack off thought about our Sox

You guys forgot about the special new amendment to the rules of the game instituted by the MLB, if you lose the first two games of the season, you are required to forfeit the remaining 160 games.

Marriotti is such a tool!

Teal?

nlentz88
04-06-2007, 11:25 AM
It was too early for that type of summary on the team as interpreted in the Mariotti column. Some of what he says is true though-about the large and ever increasing amount of TV $ available. And I still have the constant whining about money in my ears from the off season, a season after 51 sell outs, unending sponsorships, and trading a front line pitcher. Yes we have a high payroll-but clearly they didnt get any player they targeted in off season because of money tightness.

"Money tightness?" Really? The Sox have the fourth highest payroll in baseball. Only the Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox are spending more on player salaries this year. Even those "wild spending" Cubbies have only the eighth highest payroll at less than $100mil. Please, the Sox have spent plenty of money over the past few years. This offseason they resticked the farm system, which I think was a good move. Massett is already earning his salary. Let's see what Danks does.

soxinem1
04-06-2007, 05:51 PM
How come none of these so-called sports journalists are writing sky-is-falling columns about Schilling? He looked horrible against the Royals. That must mean he's washed up, right?

As for Mariotti, all I can say is-
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/rockybiddle/vendettasmuglycopy-1.jpg

:D: :D: :D: :D:

Sideshow Jay, perhaps?!?!?!?!!!