PDA

View Full Version : Angels Closer Rodriguez doctoring ball?

Irishsox1
04-05-2007, 12:51 AM
According to the Cheater's Guide to Baseball blog, F-Rod is putting something on the ball. Either that or he just loves to grab the brim of his hat before every pitch.

Link (http://www.zumsteg.net/cheatersguide/2007/04/03/francisco-rodriguez-doctoring-the-ball/)

HawkDJ
04-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Doesn't Bobby Jenks do the same with the back of his hat?

Oblong
04-05-2007, 08:13 AM
they all do it. And I think it's one of the reasons for the new caps. Stuff will be more visible.

At least that's what I heard back in the beginning of winter.

Vernam
04-05-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm just glad to see he stopped wearing those stupid raquetball goggles. :cool:

And I bet that blogger was ecstatic to hear Sammy Sosa is back in baseball.

Vernam

Iwritecode
04-05-2007, 09:54 AM

That's just rosin from that big rosin bag sitting on the back of the mound.

oeo
04-05-2007, 10:26 AM

Whatever is in K-Rod's hat, looks to be a thicker substance (although it's hard to tell for sure from those pictures). Besides that, though, how can you compare this to Jenks? Jenks' is obviously the rosin bag...if it wasn't don't you think someone would mention it by now? Jenks isn't hiding anything like it looks like K-Rod is doing.

INSox56
04-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Could be possible. I'd like to know if he repeatedly grabbed the rosin bag so that it'd deposit there as thick as it is, as it does with the back of Bobby's hat.

PKalltheway
04-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Hmmm, another Angels pitcher suspected of cheating? Well see how Mike Scoscia (sp?) handles this if he ever gets caught. I wonder if he'll be just as classless as he was with Frank Robinson.

IlliniSox4Life
04-05-2007, 06:42 PM
from the blog:
The Rangers have denied complaining to the league, which is what Id heard when I was told about the Opening Day inning.

Anyone else find it funny that it's the Rangers who allegedly complained to the league?

HawkDJ
04-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Whatever is in K-Rod's hat, looks to be a thicker substance (although it's hard to tell for sure from those pictures). Besides that, though, how can you compare this to Jenks? Jenks' is obviously the rosin bag...if it wasn't don't you think someone would mention it by now? Jenks isn't hiding anything like it looks like K-Rod is doing.

Doesn't seem like K-Rod is trying to hide it to much if he goes to his hat after every pitch.