PDA

View Full Version : US Cellular Field Employees

BanditJimmy
04-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Been a season ticket holder for 5 seasons now, and this today was my 2nd game this year.

I am starting to lose my patience with the way some of these employees treat the fans at the stadium.

Today I had a problem with a parking attendant in lot B who was screaming at everyone for any little reason he felt he had something to say. I have no problem with those guys doing theire job but please do not humilate ADULTS and treat them as if they are children. I'm going to find out what this one guy's name is and contact management about it.

Then an usher (during the game) came up to me and told me not to stand behind the railings in one of the sections. I was no where close to the aisle and the only reason I was standing there was to wait for my friend who was in the bathroom and I didn't want to miss part of the game.

Bottom line is that these people need to losen up a bit, especially when they should give thanks people showed up today in 15 degree weather.

Just wanted to rant about my bad exprerience at the ballpark today (and Garland and company did not help either)

JB98
04-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Been a season ticket holder for 5 seasons now, and this today was my 2nd game this year.

I am starting to lose my patience with the way some of these employees treat the fans at the stadium.

Today I had a problem with a parking attendant in lot B who was screaming at everyone for any little reason he felt he had something to say. I have no problem with those guys doing theire job but please do not humilate ADULTS and treat them as if they are children. I'm going to find out what this one guy's name is and contact management about it.

Then an usher (during the game) came up to me and told me not to stand behind the railings in one of the sections. I was no where close to the aisle and the only reason I was standing there was to wait for my friend who was in the bathroom and I didn't want to miss part of the game.

Bottom line is that these people need to losen up a bit, especially when they should give thanks people showed up today in 15 degree weather.

Just wanted to rant about my bad exprerience at the ballpark today (and Garland and company did not help either)

Here's my pet peeve: If I've made a trip to the bathroom or the concession stand and I come back up the tunnel while action is taking place, I'll stand and wait for the inning to be over. I don't think it's courteous to be wondering the aisles and tripping over people while the game is going on. Yet, the U.S. Cellular Field employees always harass me while I'm standing in the tunnel. I'm trying to be courteous to the fans in my section by waiting until the inning is over before I head back up to my seat. Apparently, I'm wrong. It's sort of like the hockey rule: Wait for the whistle. I think it's applicable for all sports, but that's frowned upon by the USCF staff for some reason.

BanditJimmy
04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Here's my pet peeve: If I've made a trip to the bathroom or the concession stand and I come back up the tunnel while action is taking place, I'll stand and wait for the inning to be over. I don't think it's courteous to be wondering the aisles and tripping over people while the game is going on. Yet, the U.S. Cellular Field employees always harass me while I'm standing in the tunnel. I'm trying to be courteous to the fans in my section by waiting until the inning is over before I head back up to my seat. Apparently, I'm wrong. It's sort of like the hockey rule: Wait for the whistle. I think it's applicable for all sports, but that's frowned upon by the USCF staff for some reason.

Agree on that also.

And the checking of tickets gets a bit ridiculous also. As a service to a season ticket holder who is there frequently enough, please remember a damn face or two for once. Is that too much to ask for by someone who is paying $10K to sit down there?

Customer Friendly = Remember Faces

I can't count the times I have made a beer run and walking down w/ four beers in hand and still being asked for my ticket when it is the bottom of the 6th inning? What do you think, I just got here? (Would be my question).

CLR01
04-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Agree on that also.

And the checking of tickets gets a bit ridiculous also. As a service to a season ticket holder who is there frequently enough, please remember a damn face or two for once. Is that too much to ask for by someone who is paying $10K to sit down there?

I can't count the times I have made a beer run and walking down w/ four beers in hand and still being asked for my ticket when it is the bottom of the 6th inning? What do you think, I just got here? (Would be my question).

There's what 20-30K season ticket holders. Is it really that hard to show them a ticket. :rolleyes:

grv1974
04-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Agree on that also.

I've had some of these young punks yell "ticket" when I start back down the aisle, too. When I actually show it to 'em, they don't even look. They just begin laughing with whomever they're with. I guess we have to remember this is the only sense of power these lowlifes will have all day.

ewokpelts
04-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Just report them to guest services. I had a problem with security one time(food policy), and I got 5 bucks in comiskey cash for it.

skottyj242
04-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I've had some of these young punks yell "ticket" when I start back down the aisle, too. When I actually show it to 'em, they don't even look. They just begin laughing with whomever they're with. I guess we have to remember this is the only sense of power these lowlifes will have all day.

Lowlifes?

IlliniSox4Life
04-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Carry around a few extra Pepsi's. I hear they're like gold to security guards.

hi im skot
04-05-2007, 08:44 AM

I sincerely appreciate fans like you. So many people don't understand/follow baseball etiquette.

If you've gotta get food or hit the bathroom, wait until the inning is over, or at least there's an extended break in play.

tebman
04-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Call the Sox office. They really do want to hear about things like this.

Last year I went to a game and waited on Stewart Street for over 45 minutes along with 30-40 other cars because Lot F wasn't open. When it finally did open, I asked the parking-ticket-taker why they opened so late and he was annoyed with my question.

I called the Sox the next day to verify the parking lot opening times and got several apologies and a return call later from the manager of the parking contractor asking if I knew the name of the guy I'd talked to in the lot. In my case I think it was just some screwup with getting the gate open, but the point is that the Sox front office is genuinely interested in keeping you happy. If you have a legitimate concern, let them know.

Frontman
04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
I sincerely appreciate fans like you. So many people don't understand/follow baseball etiquette.

If you've gotta get food or hit the bathroom, wait until the inning is over, or at least there's an extended break in play.

Or at the very least in between batters. That annoys me as well.

I fully agree with reporting that type of behavior to guest relations. Season ticket holder or otherwise, there is no reason for the sophmoric behavior you see *at times* at events such as this. (Concerts, other sports, whatever.)

The Sox have always been good about supporting their fans, and if this information is presented properly and to the right folks, they take action.

The Dude
04-05-2007, 08:55 AM
There's what 20-30K season ticket holders. Is it really that hard to show them a ticket. :rolleyes:

The only beef I have with that is in the upper reserved section last season in a probably 25 K game when I was checked 3 times in one game by the same woman in my season ticket section. She saw my frustration especially when I had to set down the beers each time and get my ticket out. I can see it in the lower tank and premium areas, but who the hell is going to leave their seat to sit in the Upp Res?

skottyj242
04-05-2007, 09:08 AM
The only beef I have with that is in the upper reserved section last season in a probably 25 K game when I was checked 3 times in one game by the same woman in my season ticket section. She saw my frustration especially when I had to set down the beers each time and get my ticket out. I can see it in the lower tank and premium areas, but who the hell is going to leave their seat to sit in the Upp Res?

I did a few times last year to sit with you hosers.

pdimas
04-05-2007, 09:10 AM
For the most part the people in the our section know us but every once i a while i'll se a new face. In those instances where they ask for my ticket without being a jerk about it I just calmly tell them im a season ticket holder and they are have always let me by, keep in mind this is only when i have had my hands full and it was difficult to get my ticket otherwise i show it to them and tell them about the whole season ticket holder thing. My point is I make a little small talk with them and then they don't forget me and I dont have to show my ticket every time I get out of my seat.

Yesterday as packed as it was one guy asked for my ticket and i just told him we were with Skotty and INR. He looked at me for sec and then let me chips and robiwho through. In that case I just acted like I belonged :smile: (like it would have made a huge difference)

I have also made it down to the end of my row just as an inning starts. In those cases I will usually wait and kneel until the batter is done and then squeeze in so as not to disrupt anybody. Once an usher said that I could not kneel in an aisle while this was going on. I was quite surprised when at least four people in my section told him that I was doing this because I didnt want to get in anyones way while the game was being played and he apologized. Then they thanked me for good baseball etiquette :D:

SoxFan78
04-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Some of the parking attendants have no clue. I hope they are new. We got to lot E about 11 AM yesterday. Got turned away at Lot E because they said green passes were not allowed, even though I paid cash in that same lot on Monday. So I waited in line on 37th st. till about 11:15. Some other parking attendant told us all to turn back around and go into Lot E.

I will give props to the attendant that took my parking stub however. As I handed it to him he told me "Go Bears!"

MCHSoxFan
04-05-2007, 09:35 AM

I agree! If you are going to move around in the Upper Deck, you would probably move to low rows behind the plate/infield. I think the ushers do this just to have a a sense of power.

Two other things. I had season tickets in 110 last season. The usher was always the same, except for the first game. I never had a problem. He always knew who I was and greeted me nicely. I have moved this year, but the usher I had was nice to me yesterday. I hope he keeps it up and remembers me.

Lastly, next season, 2008, I am gong to try to get the usher job. I really disagree with people calling them lowlifes. I just think there are better ushers than others. This is how it is on any job. There is always going to be better workers than anothers.

itsnotrequired
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM
I agree! If you are going to move around in the Upper Deck, you would probably move to low rows behind the plate/infield. I think the ushers do this just to have a a sense of power.

Two other things. I had season tickets in 110 last season. The usher was always the same, except for the first game. I never had a problem. He always knew who I was and greeted me nicely. I have moved this year, but the usher I had was nice to me yesterday. I hope he keeps it up and remembers me.

Lastly, next season, 2008, I am gong to try to get the usher job. I really disagree with people calling them lowlifes. I just think there are better ushers than others. This is how it is on any job. There is always going to be better workers than anothers.

Its an issue of following the rules. If their bosses tell them to check everyone, who are they to refuse? My section seems to have a different usher every game so I can't build up that friendly relationship. I reserve that for vendors.

Same sort of deal when going downstairs with a 500-level season ticket. It seems like some ushers put the blinders on and only see "500" on the ticket. I don't know if this is an issue of training by the Sox or of "old timers" telling the young people not to let anyone from 500 downstairs. At least this year, the policy is officially published in the season ticket holder guide book.

The kid running 520 on Opening Day was a go-getter. Very helpful, responsive to questions, etc. When I was coming back from the bathroom and waited in the tunnel until a break in the action, he knew exactly what I was doing so didn't say anything.

MCHSoxFan
04-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Good points :D: !

BainesHOF
04-05-2007, 10:04 AM
The organization should be embarrassed that it continues to have parking lot issues for the umpteenth consecutive year. I guess it just doesn't care enough to fix the problem. It's amazing the Sox can't get their act together on handling a handful of lots.

doublem23
04-05-2007, 12:26 PM
The organization should be embarrassed that it continues to have parking lot issues for the umpteenth consecutive year. I guess it just doesn't care enough to fix the problem. It's amazing the Sox can't get their act together on handling a handful of lots.

You need to go see a game at Comerica in Detroit. You'll never, ever complain about the Sox's parking situation again.

Anybody who's ever been there knows what I'm talking about.

rdwj
04-05-2007, 12:37 PM
When somebody asks me for my tickets, I walk right by them like I didn't even hear them. They almost never bother to follow. The ushers are usually pretty lazy. They're not going to do any more than they have to do.

pdimas
04-05-2007, 12:37 PM

To their defense a lot of the regular parking lot workers have regular day jobs so on day games you get inexperienced kids which seemed to be the case in Lot B yesterday. I saw one of the regular guys yesterday and he stopped to talk for a bit. Every once in a while you get a hard case but for the most part the guys in Lot B are really pretty nice guys. I know my dad loves em :smile:. Here's to the Lot B Parking Attendants!!! :gulp:

pdimas
04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
When somebody asks me for my tickets, I walk right by them like I didn't even hear them. They almost never bother to follow. The ushers are usually pretty lazy. They're not going to do any more than they have to do.

Like most everything else "Act Like You Belong!" That coincidentally is how the most brash con artists and criminals get away with what they do they just act like they belong.

pdimas
04-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Its an issue of following the rules. If their bosses tell them to check everyone, who are they to refuse? My section seems to have a different usher every game so I can't build up that friendly relationship. I reserve that for vendors.

Same sort of deal when going downstairs with a 500-level season ticket. It seems like some ushers put the blinders on and only see "500" on the ticket. I don't know if this is an issue of training by the Sox or of "old timers" telling the young people not to let anyone from 500 downstairs. At least this year, the policy is officially published in the season ticket holder guide book.

The kid running 520 on Opening Day was a go-getter. Very helpful, responsive to questions, etc. When I was coming back from the bathroom and waited in the tunnel until a break in the action, he knew exactly what I was doing so didn't say anything.

I suggest you get the kids name and fill out one of those recognition papers they sent with the season tix. Get the kid recognized foo!

Chisox003
04-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Way to not clump every employee into one big group.

It's funny, because I work there and certainly don't consider myself a "lowlife." But you've clearly straightened me out. Thanks. :rolleyes:

miker
04-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Was this all an issue when we were drawing 10K a game? :?:

***WARNING!***
YOU HAVE TRIGGERED THE ATTENDANCE TOPIC WARNING
PREPARE FOR WSI RE-EDUCATION CAMP

rdwj
04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Way to not clump every employee into one big group.

It's funny, because I work there and certainly don't consider myself a "lowlife." But you've clearly straightened me out. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Well, in all fairness, most lowlifes don't consider themselves lowlifes. Why now post a profile complete with pictures and and a resume and we'll give you an honest assessment

Cat Thief
04-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Service is the Scout Seats today was brutal. Either I received half of my order or no order at all.

IlliniSox4Life
04-05-2007, 06:03 PM

I suggest you get the kids name and fill out one of those recognition papers they sent with the season tix. Get the kid recognized foo!

I think this is a good idea. Employees at places like this really only get any kind of recognition when they screw up. If people start commending those who do a good job, it gives them more incentive to actually just go above and beyond instead of doing enough to keep from being complained about.

When I worked some ****ty jobs as a teenager, people rarely get commended. Infact, I can remember it happening one time in all my days working crappy jobs from age 14-20. I worked at a movie theater, and this guy ordered coffee, but we didn't have any coffee made (the people that opened were awful, and since people rarely buy coffee, nobody had checked since then). Anyway, I told him I'd make him some and it'd be ready in 10-15 minutes if he would come back. He actually came back, and I saw him walking over. There were lines at other registers, but I was in the middle of doing something else (probably making popcorn or other food) so I wasn't helping a customer right then. I waved him over to my register and started getting his coffee ready without him asking. I know what it's like to wait in line for something and then have to come back and wait in line for it again. It sucks. Anyway, I saw/heard that guy walk over to my manager and point me out and tell my manager how nice/helpful that young man had been, and tell him how I actually remembered his face from 10-15 minutes ago. My point in telling you this is not to toot my own 14 year old horn, but to say that this is 7+ years later and I STILL remember that guy doing that. As much as you think some employees in low paying jobs don't take pride in their work, there are plenty that do, and it's nice to recognize them when it happens.

A lot of people here are talking about how rude the ballpark employees are, but I'm sure there's plenty of the good employees there talking about how rude and awful the fans are.

HotelWhiteSox
04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Some of them seem lazy, coming in, they couldn't even handout schedules or those little coupon strips. Meanwhile security is screaming at them to tell them where to stand or to close lanes up, it was a mess. Guess with the weather they don't care. My section or those near didn't even have anyone there.

ws05champs
04-05-2007, 06:53 PM

For the most part I have found the parking lot people to be okay. About once or twice a year I get one of the herders that are pretty obnoxious. You really just have to ignore them and not take it personally. They'll move on to the next car as soon as it appears. I really think they are clueless as far as what they are doing and they really don't care.

guillen4life13
04-05-2007, 07:09 PM
There are going to be bad apples in any profession. I myself actually applied and interviewed for an usher job at Comiskey but decided not to take it because the pay and commute didn't match up to another job I could get delivering for Edwardo's, plus, being a new employee, there was no chance I'd be put in an area where I could actually watch the game.

A lot of these people, when they ask for your ticket are just doing it because that's what their boss tells them to do. It's probably just as much of a formality for them as it is for you, and while it's their job to be nice to customers, it's also their job to enforce certain policies. They get put in a sort of catch 22 because their boss is telling them to do something that could anger a customer. I used to work at Oberweis Dairy, and we had to tell all of our customers about the "Moola Card," and it pissed them off to high hell. When my manager wasn't there, I just asked if customers wanted to hear about it rather than telling them. If the manager was there and I skipped the speech, I got written up, even if the customer seemed like he/she was in a bad mood.

Oh, and I definitely agree that it's a good idea to alert the employees' superiors when they do good job also.

And if you're trying to be recognized, as someone already said, making small talk with the ushers wouldn't be a bad idea. Once they know you, they'll remember you and let you through without any hassles (if their boss isn't breathing down their neck).

MCHSoxFan
04-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Service is the Scout Seats today was brutal. Either I received half of my order or no order at all.

YEESSS!!! I sat there today with one of my friends. I talked about the service with my Levy freind, Miguel. He said that they are going to have a meeting and talk about improving the service/varitey of food during the off week. I felt the bad service too. I asked for nachos and NEVER got them. I think they are still get back into doing this after the offseason.

grv1974
04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Way not to clump every employee into one big group.

There, I fixed your split-infinitive for you.

Sargeant79
04-05-2007, 08:58 PM
YEESSS!!! I sat there today with one of my friends. I talked about the service with my Levy freind, Miguel. He said that they are going to have a meeting and talk about improving the service/varitey of food during the off week. I felt the bad service too. I asked for nachos and NEVER got them. I think they are still get back into doing this after the offseason.

I sat in 138 today and commented to my friends how it looked like all the servers in the scout seats were just standing around. At one point I saw 4 of them just standing in the back talking.

MCHSoxFan
04-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I sat in 138 today and commented to my friends how it looked like all the servers in the scout seats were just standing around. At one point I saw 4 of them just standing in the back talking.

That is something they have ALWAYS done (2005 +). As the game gets to the 7th inning, the wait staff hangs around behind the seats at the top of the seating area. That has never bothered me. It is the fact when there are a lot of orders, they were slacking off!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

BarbG
04-05-2007, 09:39 PM
We had the scout seats once in '05 and the service was exceptional. I even remember the server's name, he was that good.

Last year when we had them we got NOTHING. No service, no hot dog ("just ran out"), I couldn't even get a pop. I realize it was a charity auction for a good cause but never again.

Ironically, the only place I've ever had ANY problem was in the scout seats.

southwstchi4life
04-05-2007, 09:44 PM

I could not agree with you more. I believe people are ignorant when they get up in the middle of game play, either to pay for beer, or get up. Its curtious to wait for the inning to get over and not block anothers view during a play. Ive been getting frustrated with fans who do not have any common curtisy.

Chisox003
04-05-2007, 11:15 PM
There, I fixed your split-infinitive for you.
Thanks. Those who are unfortunate enough to be labeled "lowlifes" like myself are also not good with grammatical rules. You're the best. :smile:

grv1974
04-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Thanks. Those who are unfortunate enough to be labeled "lowlifes" like myself are also not good with grammatical rules. You're the best. :smile:
touché

skobabe8
04-06-2007, 11:13 AM

Converted and I are the same way. Except I dont think we've ever been harassed for standing in the tunnel. Point is, no matter how bad we have to use the bathroom, we'll wait until the half inning is over or a pitching change. Same with coming back to our seats, even if we are holding hands full of food.

We actually moved our season ticket location from last year due to so many people walking up and down the aisle during action.

DeuceUnit
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
We had the scout seats once in '05 and the service was exceptional. I even remember the server's name, he was that good.

Last year when we had them we got NOTHING. No service, no hot dog ("just ran out"), I couldn't even get a pop. I realize it was a charity auction for a good cause but never again.

Ironically, the only place I've ever had ANY problem was in the scout seats.

You are absolutely right. I sat in them in 2005 and was amazed at the service. Last year I sat in them again and the wait for food was insane. 15 minutes for a beer??? The before game buffet was outstanding but the service in the seats was not worth the price of those tickets.

maurice
04-06-2007, 12:05 PM
If you are going to move around in the Upper Deck, you would probably move to low rows behind the plate/infield.

Seriously, who sneaks into upper reserved? Meanwhile, the usher behind home plate in the UD on opening day never asked for tix, though we went up and down several times. Yesterday, I was in a lower box seat . . . prime seat sneaking location on a cold day game. The usher never asked to see tix. Come to think of it, the only time an usher asked to see my tix in recent memory, I had something like Sec. 101.

maurice
04-06-2007, 12:08 PM
You need to go see a game at Comerica in Detroit. You'll never, ever complain about the Sox's parking situation again.

It's not a big deal if you park a block or 2 from the park. I usually just park in the garage next to Hockeytown and avoid the whole parking lot scene. Heck, opening day last year I got street parking near the Ren Center.

ewokpelts
04-06-2007, 12:10 PM
It's not a big deal if you park a block or 2 from the park. I usually just park in the garage next to Hockeytown and avoid the whole parking lot scene. Heck, opening day last year I got street parking near the Ren Center.Does Robocop watch your car? If not, count me out

maurice
04-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Does Robocop watch your car? If not, count me out

LOL. I would have agreed with you before Detroit hosted the Superbowl. However, since then, the area between Ren Center and Comerica is completely different. Check it out.

ewokpelts
04-06-2007, 12:31 PM
LOL. I would have agreed with you before Detroit hosted the Superbowl. However, since then, the area between Ren Center and Comerica is completely different. Check it out.
Like Delta City?

WhiteSox5187
04-06-2007, 01:11 PM
As I've said before, I was an usher with the Cubs and the White Sox in 2004 and overall, I have to agree with the assessment here that there were a lot of people who get a cheap sense of power over everyone else by checking tickets or whatever. I didn't really check tickets as people were walking down the aisles or whatever, I asked them if they needed any help finding their seat and more often than not they would say yes and I would then be able to see their ticket. I was sorta lax on the rules though, if someone with bad seats tried to sneak into good seats I would go up to them and say "As long as you leave as soon as the guy with the tickets to those seats comes, you're fine." And there never was a problem in my section. I am good with faces so I didn't ask for tickets that often and sometimes I would and be like "Oh! Nevermind, I remember you!" Most of the ushers I knew were like that.

As far as keeping the aisles clear, we are required to do that because if god forbid there should be some sort of disaster the aisles are the way out. Again most people I knew at the Cell understood wait until the batter is done or in between pitches (depending on who was pitching) to ask a guy to move out of the aisle...at Wrigley, not many people understood this concept.

So yes, you get a lot of good ushers and you also have a fair number of crazy power hungry people who love flexing their "power" but I'd say there are probably more good ushers than bad, at least at the Cell. I didn't like the way ushers conducted themselves too much at Wrigley. Also, attendance had a lot to do with it too, I was a little more strict during a sellout than during a game that drew 20k.

Finally there was one more rule I had, I wasn't showing anyone their seats after the sixth. If you couldn't get there in time, I'm sorry...you were on your own. This happened ALL THE TIME at Wrigley but only once or twice at the Cell (usually during a fireworks night)...

OzzieBall2004
04-07-2007, 02:00 AM
Agree on that also.

That's like saying that your neighborhood Walgreen's shouldn't card you for alcohol because you come in there once a week. What if William Ligue looked like a season ticket holder? They can't teach their staff a policy with loose rules; they'd just open the door for more poor decisions by their staff. I have a bigger issue with the employees in the outfield that don't check anyones tickets.

cbotnyse
04-07-2007, 02:29 AM
It's sort of like the hockey rule: Wait for the whistle. I think it's applicable for all sports, but that's frowned upon by the USCF staff for some reason.I completely agree with you. I remember going to my first Hawks game and this being the standard procedure and I thought it made perfect sense. I always do this and dont understand why its not more widely practiced. It seems like every game I go to, I miss a base hit or strikeout because someone was walking by. There are plenty of breaks in baseball to get to your seat. The ushers should know this.

DoItForDanPasqua
04-07-2007, 09:57 AM

Good for you. There are too many people at the park who are oblivious to those around them. Not only do they get up to leave or come back while a pitch is being thrown, they will also stand the whole time while they are making a purchase from a vendor in the stands. In San Francisco it's the opposite: ushers hold a sign stating that the batter is in the box and to please wait before returning to your seat. But perhaps that is a bad example as Giant fans are stupid people who root for Barry Bonds.

Rockinsox05
04-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Good for you. There are too many people at the park who are oblivious to those around them. Not only do they get up to leave or come back while a pitch is being thrown, they will also stand the whole time while they are making a purchase from a vendor in the stands. In San Francisco it's the opposite: ushers hold a sign stating that the batter is in the box and to please wait before returning to your seat. But perhaps that is a bad example as Giant fans are stupid people who root for Barry Bonds.

That ticks me off too. I have thought several times "ya know watching on TV isnt all that bad. I don't have to put up with inconsiderate people".

It's a shame a thought like that enters your mind.

chaerulez
04-08-2007, 10:20 AM

It's so nice to see an ignorant comment every now and then.

grv1974
04-08-2007, 06:54 PM
It's so nice to see an ignorant comment every now and then.
It's so nice to see people gang up every now and then.

ilsox7
04-08-2007, 08:58 PM
It's so nice to see people gang up every now and then.

What did you expect, high-fives and hugs for classifying a group of people as lowlifes?

grv1974
04-12-2007, 09:26 AM
What did you expect, high-fives and hugs for classifying a group of people as lowlifes?
Are you an usher by any chance?

Harry Chappas
04-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Agree on that also.

Why would the price of a season ticket matter to an usher? Do they get a cut of it, above and beyond their hourly wage?

Jerko
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I'll give the ushers the benefit of the doubt since it was the first homestand and it was FREEZING out, but i AM getting sick of being carded... :angry: (our usual beer guy is working next homestand)

BanditJimmy
04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Why would the price of a season ticket matter to an usher? Do they get a cut of it, above and beyond their hourly wage?

The price of a season ticket to should matter to the organization (the White Sox) and making sure their "hourly wage" employees are treating their loyal paying customer right.

It's like when the VP of the company your work for (500+ employees) knows you by first name, doesn't that make you feel good?

Same thing goes for an usher, parking attendant, beer vendor, etc getting to know the faces of their every day loyal customers (season ticket holders).

ilsox7
04-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Are you an usher by any chance?

No. But what does that have to do with anything?