PDA

View Full Version : Busch Stadium lights a problem?

Whitesox029
04-04-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm watching the Cardinals game right now, and I'm starting to think the lights at New Busch Stadium might be badly placed, because I just saw a Cardinals outfielder lose a ball in the lights and let it past him for the third time in as many games. The errors were by three different outfielders. Is this because the Cardinals' outfield defense is just very bad, or ARE the lights badly placed? Did anyone notice this happening a lot there last season? I would like to see some stats on this, but unfortunately it's not something they normally keep track of.

DarkHorse35
04-04-2007, 10:35 PM
From the little I saw there was somethng going on in right field. Though it seems that only the Cards are having the problem, so it may not be the lights.

Whitesox029
04-04-2007, 11:00 PM
From the little I saw there was somethng going on in right field. Though it seems that only the Cards are having the problem, so it may not be the lights.
The one from Sunday night was actually Taguchi in left-center, and I'd think the stadium would be symmetrical, so if there's a problem it's probably in left too.

getonbckthr
04-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I think the Cards are just that bad.

Vernam
04-04-2007, 11:46 PM
I think the Cards are just that bad.Someone is stealing their signs. :cool:

Vernam

PKalltheway
04-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm not too sure how many times it has happened, but I imagine opponents would have to go through the same thing. I think their outfield has suspect defense outside of Edmonds.