PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy's First Outing For the Rangers

kevingrt
04-04-2007, 08:11 PM
The Rangers lost 5-3 and McCarthy got the L.

His line was six innings, 10 hits, five runs three of them earned, one walk, no K's.

I don't know what to think of the line.

Way to early to tell anything about the trade. But just wanted to throw this out there. I wanted to watch him on MLB.TV but just completely forgot about it.

DumpJerry
04-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Let it go.

Trades are not reversible.

delben91
04-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Let it go.

But...but...I want Aaron Rowand back!! (and Jeff Bajenaru!)

DarkHorse35
04-04-2007, 09:32 PM
It's too early to see. Let's see how Danks throws on Saturday.

ilsox7
04-04-2007, 09:41 PM
It's too early to see. Let's see how Danks throws on Saturday.

:rolling:

(Assuming teal was implied, of course.)

CLR01
04-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Let it go.

On some of my baseball video games I can turn off fair trades and literally trade a bag of balls to get a player. While not exactly reversible its ten times better because you get to have your cake and eat it too. That's what Kenny needs to do, work out a trade for a 30 pack of White Castle for McCarthy.

getonbckthr
04-04-2007, 10:35 PM
On some of my baseball video games I can turn off fair trades and literally trade a bag of balls to get a player. While not exactly reversible its ten times better because you get to have your cake and eat it too. That's what Kenny needs to do, work out a trade for a 30 pack of White Castle for McCarthy.
Throw in an order of Mozzarella sticks and you got yourself a god damn deal!

oeo
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
The Rangers lost 5-3 and McCarthy got the L.

His line was six innings, 10 hits, five runs three of them earned, one walk, no K's.

I don't know what to think of the line.

Way to early to tell anything about the trade. But just wanted to throw this out there. I wanted to watch him on MLB.TV but just completely forgot about it.

Good for him, I guess. :dunno:

He did the same thing for the Rangers as our starters have done for us...got us in an early hole. I'm very happy with what we got in return, and am very skeptical of his homerun numbers.

Tragg
04-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I am eyeballing Chris Young....you know, something tells me that Williams knows the Sox minor league talent so well, and Williams hasn't traded anyone that amounted to much yet, that maybe he knew who the better CF prospect was....we'll see. Young's batting .100

BP picked the Cubs to win their division, Chris Young to win Rookie of the Year and the Sox to win 72 games. Maybe I'm paranoid, but......geeze.....

julio-cruz
04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Throw in an order of Mozzarella sticks and you got yourself a god damn deal!

ooh, ooh! Also, chicken rings!

PaulDrake
04-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Let it go.

Trades are not reversible. Trades are not reversible, but they will continue to be evaluated and debated years after the fact.

DumpJerry
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Trades are not reversible, but they will continue to be evaluated and debated years after the fact.
You're right. In 2004, Red Sox fans were still going on over a trade they made about 80 years earlier with the Yankees involving some guy name George Ruth.........

kevingrt
04-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Let it go.

I am in no way saying the trade is terrible or was terrible. I was just throwing out his outing to the vultures. I unfortunately missed the game because I really wanted to see how he pitched and not just look at the box score.

In fact when the trade was announced I was one of the few here that thought it might turn out to be a good trade for the Sox.

I'm confused on what to let go and I in no way want to reverse the B-Mac trade right now. I don't see anything in my post that might even hint at the fact that B-Mac will be god and it was an idiotic trade. I don't understand how you got that?

rainbow6
04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
One of the fun things about baseball is comparing the stats of players...I nearly started a thread about McCarthy's start because I thought some may be interested.

I figured there would be some type of "LET IT GO" or "THIS THREAD SUCKS" comment out of the box.

I wasn't wrong.

kevingrt
04-05-2007, 04:37 PM
One of the fun things about baseball is comparing the stats of players...I nearly started a thread about McCarthy's start because I thought some may be interested.

I figured there would be some type of "LET IT GO" or "THIS THREAD SUCKS" comment out of the box.

I wasn't wrong.

I should have followed your conscious. Just posting a thread about a former player traded with no signs of any bias leads to everything.

jenn2080
04-05-2007, 04:38 PM
I should have followed your conscious. Just posting a thread about a former player traded with no signs of any bias leads to everything.

I do not see anything wrong with your thread. The kid is now a starter for a new team. You did not start a thread about how god the Sox were stupid we should have kept him.