PDA

View Full Version : MLBB Gameday

jabrch
04-04-2007, 02:14 PM
I love the new features on Gameday. The pitch tracker ROCKS. You get live views, plus data from it of how hitters are being pitched to in a game. It gives you speed, break angles, etc. Really sweet.

The bad news is it told me Garland has thrown 8 straight balls to Hafner/Martinez - but what can you do?

SBSoxFan
04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
I love the new features on Gameday. The pitch tracker ROCKS. You get live views, plus data from it of how hitters are being pitched to in a game. It gives you speed, break angles, etc. Really sweet.

The bad news is it told me Garland has thrown 8 straight balls to Hafner/Martinez - but what can you do?

According to Farmio at least 3 of those were strikes.

bennyw41
04-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Where can you find a help file, or a glossary for all the new features?

CLR01
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Are we going to have a new gameday thread every day?

jabrch
04-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Are we going to have a new gameday thread every day?

I looked at the first two pages and didn't see something about it. What did I miss?

eriqjaffe
04-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I love the new features on Gameday. The pitch tracker ROCKS. You get live views, plus data from it of how hitters are being pitched to in a game. It gives you speed, break angles, etc. Really sweet.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Izulde/heh.jpg

That's a wide strike zone!

CLR01
04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I looked at the first two pages and didn't see something about it. What did I miss?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85824

jabrch
04-04-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85824

Yeah - that title didn't give me any idea of what the post was about...

RoobarbPie
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I've got a question about MLBGameday -

While I was at work today it showed me the trajectory of the pitches, and now that I'm at home it doesn't show me any of that, it only shows final location of the pitches. Does anyone know if there is a setting where I can toggle this off/on? I cannot find it. Thanks.

INSox56
04-05-2007, 11:35 AM
When this thing was in Beta last year you could toggle it on and off. Even during the same game, I had some of the pitches showing the tracker and some showing just final location in the same game, so maybe it's an input thing on their end. Some games have it on also, and some don't. For example Monday's Tigers game did not have the pitch info, but our's did. I honestly kind of wish I could turn it off sometimes.

RoobarbPie
04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
When this thing was in Beta last year you could toggle it on and off. Even during the same game, I had some of the pitches showing the tracker and some showing just final location in the same game, so maybe it's an input thing on their end. Some games have it on also, and some don't. For example Monday's Tigers game did not have the pitch info, but our's did. I honestly kind of wish I could turn it off sometimes.

That's what I was looking for. Do you know where that toggle is? I still cannot figure it out, although I'm at work now so I don't have to worry about it for the Sox game today since it shows up here.

RockyMtnSoxFan
04-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Does anybody know how they determine pitch location? I used to think that it was just somebody sitting behind the plate or maybe in the press box with a laptop, clicking on the spot they thought the pitch went. But now they have values for break and pFx (whatever that is) that are given in 1/10 in. I don't think they would report that if it was just someone's guess. Are they using data from Questec, or do they have a similar camera system set up?