PDA

View Full Version : Baseball-reference.com

doublem23
04-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Has anyone else been to the site recently? I just double checked on that game Lip posted about (Opening Day 2004) and wow they have made some dramatic improvements. It looks like they're going to keep up to date stats for the season and their old box scores now have a plethora of cool information - play-by-play to pop up boxes that go over every player's at-bats in a single game.

Aside from WSI, it's my favorite website... I could literally spend hours there (I already have)

DarkHorse35
04-04-2007, 02:15 PM
I definately spent way too much time there while I'm in class on my laptop. I also like Baseball-almanac.com

FedEx227
04-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh yeah I can spend hours on that. I look up one player and end up clicking his "Comparable Batters" or guys he was traded for, etc.

Whitesox029
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
I also like www.baseballlibrary.com, which has game-by-game results for any team ever to play. You can look up what the Sox did the day you were born! They won 5-2 over the Rangers at Old Comiskey the day I was born, with Floyd Bannister getting the W. Just type the year and the team in the "Jump to" search box in the left margin.

Huisj
04-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, baseballreference just keeps getting better and better, and it was already freaking awesome a few years ago when it started to show up a lot. What an incredible site.

Nellie_Fox
04-05-2007, 12:43 AM
I definately spent way too much time there while I'm in class on my laptop. I also like Baseball-almanac.comOne of the worst mistakes colleges ever made was wireless internet in classroom buildings.

PaulDrake
04-05-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm anxious for more box scores of previous years to come on line. I thought that this year they'd add 1956, and maybe 1955. There's been nothing to date, but yes this is a great site. If you have the time and the interest, you can really do a thorough job of evaluating your favorite current and past players.

itsnotrequired
04-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah, baseballreference just keeps getting better and better, and it was already freaking awesome a few years ago when it started to show up a lot. What an incredible site.

After the 2005 season, I downloaded their stats package for iPods. It has a database with all the stats from the previous season for all players. Nice for settling debates in the stands.:cool:

TheVulture
04-06-2007, 12:00 AM
One of the worst mistakes colleges ever made was wireless internet in classroom buildings.
As a student, I'd have to disagree. It's not the college's job to make a student succeed, and it's a valuable tool to a good student.