PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed the price of a Kosher Dog...

ChicagoG19
04-04-2007, 09:39 AM
goes up a quarter every year(Sorry wasn't sure if this goes in this forum or the parking lot).:(: This is well above the 3% average inflation per year. I know some people will say that if you don't like it well don't buy it and then prices will drop. I will still buy the kosher dog this year and next, but when it costs $5 to get a dog, that is ridiculous.

Mr.1Dog
04-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Try a steak pita. Variation is a good thing.

ewokpelts
04-04-2007, 10:07 AM
goes up a quarter every year(Sorry wasn't sure if this goes in this forum or the parking lot).:(: This is well above the 3% average inflation per year. I know some people will say that if you don't like it well don't buy it and then prices will drop. I will still buy the kosher dog this year and next, but when it costs $5 to get a dog, that is ridiculous.As much as it sucks, it the way of the world. Best Kosher has to pay for that new logo somehow.
Ball Park Franks went up too. up to 3.25 most likely to compensate for the buy one get one free offer

jabrch
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't mind this as much as I will miss $2.00 Koshers on Thursday.

ChicagoG19
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Try a steak pita. Variation is a good thing. I do eat other things at the ball park, but baseball and hot dogs is as American as apple pie.

Irishsox1
04-04-2007, 10:27 AM
I know this isn't the same as getting a dog and a beer at the ballpark, but anyone can bring in food. This is from the Sox site: Carry-in Items What kinds of items can I bring into the park? Guests are welcome to: Carry in food in a small, clear (see-through) plastic bag. Enter with small, soft-sided bags (no larger than 16" x 16" x 8") that will be searched prior to entering the park. Carry in one sealed plastic bottle of water, one liter or less in size, but no other beverages of any kind.

Chicken Dinner
04-04-2007, 10:35 AM
You have to love free-agency. :o:

skottyj242
04-04-2007, 11:33 AM
I know this isn't the same as getting a dog and a beer at the ballpark, but anyone can bring in food. This is from the Sox site: Carry-in Items What kinds of items can I bring into the park? Guests are welcome to: Carry in food in a small, clear (see-through) plastic bag. Enter with small, soft-sided bags (no larger than 16" x 16" x 8") that will be searched prior to entering the park. Carry in one sealed plastic bottle of water, one liter or less in size, but no other beverages of any kind.

A couple of years ago a guy and his wife that sat in front of me would bring Subway to every game.

The Critic
04-04-2007, 11:41 AM
This policy works nicely for me. I bring in a couple of nice home-made sandwiches, a bottle of water, some chips and cookies for the kid, and all I end up buying is a cotton candy for the little one and a small swimming pool of Pepsi for myself.

jenn2080
04-04-2007, 11:45 AM
goes up a quarter every year(Sorry wasn't sure if this goes in this forum or the parking lot).:(: This is well above the 3% average inflation per year. I know some people will say that if you don't like it well don't buy it and then prices will drop. I will still buy the kosher dog this year and next, but when it costs $5 to get a dog, that is ridiculous.

Yup they are 4.50

WhiteSox5187
04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
That's nothing, in 2004 at Wrigley (I was an usher for the Sox and Cubs that year, fun year too) regular sized hotdogs cost about $4.00, if you did a good job they would give you this five dollar bill in Cub money that was barely enough to buy a hotdog.

doublem23
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
A bit of a thread hijack but...

How much does beer cost this year at the Cell? I read that in St. Louis it's up to $8 per cup at least.

salty99
04-04-2007, 12:29 PM
6 bucks in the stands

DSpivack
04-04-2007, 01:33 PM
This policy works nicely for me. I bring in a couple of nice home-made sandwiches, a bottle of water, some chips and cookies for the kid, and all I end up buying is a cotton candy for the little one and a small swimming pool of Pepsi for myself.

I often get off the el in Chinatown, grab a few pork buns, then head to the park.

dcb56
04-04-2007, 01:52 PM
A bit of a thread hijack but...

How much does beer cost this year at the Cell? I read that in St. Louis it's up to $8 per cup at least.

The price didn't go up, it's still $5.75 at the beer stand, though they did raise the price of nachos $.25 to $4.50 so a $10 bill will no longer get me a beer and nachos.:mad:

Fenway
04-04-2007, 02:05 PM

Hey the Bruins need the money to get players to make the playoffs next year

The White Sox concessions are owned by one Jeremy Jacobs of Buffalo

http://www.delawarenorth.com/AboutDNC/sportservice.asp

CLR01
04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
That's nothing, in 2004 at Wrigley (I was an usher for the Sox and Cubs that year, fun year too) regular sized hotdogs cost about $4.00, if you did a good job they would give you this five dollar bill in Cub money that was barely enough to buy a hotdog.

$5 is more than enough to buy a $4 hot dog.

Soxfest
04-04-2007, 04:58 PM
It is a doggone shame to me.

ShoelessJoeS
04-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm more of a Polish kinda guy, as oppose to the Dogs. Did they go up as well?

MDF3530
04-04-2007, 05:12 PM
OK, I'll be the one to ask: What about the price of churros :redneck ? Seriously, though, I usually stop at Lindy's Chili on Archer & Western before I go to the game and get a polish combo with no-bean chili.

jenn2080
04-04-2007, 05:17 PM
OK, I'll be the one to ask: What about the price of churros :redneck ? Seriously, though, I usually stop at Lindy's Chili on Archer & Western before I go to the game and get a polish combo with no-bean chili.

Their chili is awesome. My mom introduced me to that place. To bad I do not really get out there often unless I am visiting my mom at work.

ChicagoG19
04-04-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm more of a Polish kinda guy, as oppose to the Dogs. Did they go up as well? Just came back from the game:angry: and yes the price of a polish went up as well.

ShoelessJoeS
04-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Just came back from the game:angry: and yes the price of a polish went up as well.Oh well. I'm just glad they don't charge me for extra onions!

:drool:

ws05champs
04-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I compensate by putting an extra $.25 worth of mustard on mine every year.

DoItForDanPasqua
04-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Wow, you can bring more to the park than you can on an airplane.

EMachine10
04-04-2007, 10:07 PM
please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is the difference between the kosher dog and the regular dog? I've heard that kosher products have been blessed by a rabbi, or something along those lines, but I find that to be a non-factor when differentiating between the two tastes of the hotdogs. a question i've always been shy to ask :redface:

CLR01
04-04-2007, 10:30 PM
please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is the difference between the kosher dog and the regular dog? I've heard that kosher products have been blessed by a rabbi, or something along those lines, but I find that to be a non-factor when differentiating between the two tastes of the hotdogs. a question i've always been shy to ask :redface:

I believe they are only allowed to use certain cuts of meat as well. BICBW

Daver
04-04-2007, 10:33 PM

Kosher hot dogs are made from cow lips and tails, while regular hot dogs are made from pig lips and tails.

ilsox7
04-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey the Bruins need the money to get players to make the playoffs next year

The White Sox concessions are owned by one Jeremy Jacobs of Buffalo

http://www.delawarenorth.com/AboutDNC/sportservice.asp

It's amazing that the vast majority of Americans (and the sporting public) have never heard of Delaware North. Hell, the only reason I know about them is I know a family member. You talk about an empire . . .

grv1974
04-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Maybe WE'RE really the ones paying for all those renovations and not the U.S. Cellular naming rights money.

DumpJerry
04-04-2007, 11:30 PM
I think the souvenir sized soft drinks went down $.50. Were they $5.00 last year? They are $4.50 now.

I got a deli sandwich Monday. Same price, less meat.:angry:

pearso66
04-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I went to the game Monday, and paid $4.50 for Kosher dogs on the lower deck. On Wednesday in the Upper deck, I was charged $4.75 for Kosher dogs. Do prices vary at each stand? or did they increase from the first game already?

DumpJerry
04-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I went to the game Monday, and paid $4.50 for Kosher dogs on the lower deck. On Wednesday in the Upper deck, I was charged $4.75 for Kosher dogs. Do prices vary at each stand? or did they increase from the first game already?
They were $4.50 downstairs on Weds.

Maybe an email to Brooks is in order...