PDA

View Full Version : Problem at U.S. Cellular Field

Viva Medias B's
04-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Apologies if posted already but...

The wind has caused a problem at U.S. Cellular Field. According to Kim Vatis of NBC 5, the wind damaged one of the white panels in the upper deck behind home plate. Welders are seen working on the problem, and Vatis said that as of right now it should not disrupt this afternoon's game. The Chicago Police Department has closed 35th Street between Normal and Wentworth.

Kilroy
04-04-2007, 07:47 AM

The wind has caused a problem at U.S. Cellular Field. According to Kim Vatis of NBC 5, the wind damaged one of the white panels in the upper deck behind home plate. Welders are seen working on the problem, and Vatis said that as of right now it should not disrupt this afternoon's game. The Chicago Police Department has closed 35th Street between Normal and Wentworth.

You should have seen the FIRST report she logged on it. She made it sound like the whole park was caving in, and that there was no way a game would be played today. That was at about 4:50 this morning.

She said all those things, then admitted that no one close to the situation had talked to her about anything yet, so she couldn't possibly have had any idea what was going on. Things like that make me hate the media.

DumpJerry
04-04-2007, 08:06 AM
That explains the headline I saw in the Tribune:
"U.S. Cellular Field Demolished by Winds. Won't be Missed"

Zell can't close the deal soon enough.

As soon as the City building inspectors give the thumbs up, they will be open for business.

palehozenychicty
04-04-2007, 09:30 AM

As soon as the City building inspectors give the thumbs up, they will be open for business.

Is that in today's online version? :o:

soxfanatlanta
04-04-2007, 09:57 AM

I hope it does not burn up on re-entry to the earth's atmosphere; that would suck. :wink:

alohafri
04-04-2007, 11:45 AM

If they were going to cancel today's game due to low temperatures, they have their excuse.

HotelWhiteSox
04-04-2007, 01:42 PM

You're kidding about 'won't be missed' right?