PDA

View Full Version : SOX PRIDE: White Sox Make An Episode Of Law And Order: SVU.

Thome25
04-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I was beaming with Sox Pride tonite.

On the show "Law And Order: SVU" The Assistant DA asks a youngh suspect "Does October 26th 2005 ring a bell?"

Stabler (One of the main detectives on the show) Says: "It was the day the Chicago White Sox won the World Series for the first time since 1917."

One of the show's writers must be a Sox fan. Needless to say it made my night and put a smile on my face.

Frontman
04-03-2007, 09:52 PM
You know the Sox made history when pop culture acknowledges it. Cool.

Dub25
04-03-2007, 09:55 PM

On the show "Law And Order: SVU" The Assistant DA asks a youngh suspect "Does October 26th 2005 ring a bell?"

Stabler (One of the main detectives on the show) Says: "It was the day the Chicago White Sox won the World Series for the first time since 1917."

One of the show's writers must be a Sox fan. Needless to say it made my night and put a smile on my face.

Thank God my wife loves the show so much that she has the show on season pass for the tivo. I will be watching it in a few.

BiggestFan14
04-03-2007, 09:59 PM
That's awesome. I didn't catch this one, but I remember when they did something like that in an episode of Criminal Minds as well.

Brian26
04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Just saw that...cool moment.

JGarlandrules20
04-03-2007, 10:02 PM

I caught that too! It was awesome. Now I know why that's my favorite show. :smile:

WhiteSox5187
04-03-2007, 10:24 PM
On the original Law and Order (the only show I watch) if you look closely you'll see in the DA's office a Sox hat, one of those Bulls horns from the Jordan years and a Blackhawks hat...also Dennis Farina when he was on the show had a Chicago flag on his desk.

thomas35forever
04-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Finally, a reference that's not October 27, 2004.

WhiteSox5187
04-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Finally, a reference that's not October 27, 2004.
Ah yes, my illfated trip to the dentist. I'm glad someone remembers.

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2007, 10:55 PM
IIRC, there was someone here who wrote that some TV shows writer was a big sox fan, and made a lot of references to past players in the characters names. Like naming some people Minnie, Nellie, etc. I think it might have been Law and Order.

chaerulez
04-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Don't know how many Law & Order fans are here, but on tonight's SVU episode, the date 10/26/05 was mentioned and along with it that the White Sox won the world series that date! Must have a Sox fan on that writing staff!

chisoxfanatic
04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Don't know how many Law & Order fans are here, but on tonight's SVU episode, the date 10/26/05 was mentioned and along with it that the White Sox won the world series that date! Must have a Sox fan on that writing staff!

Can you find a link on the NBC Law & Order website that will show this clip?

CLR01
04-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Semi-hijack but since we are talking about Chicago connections in TV I'll ask anyway. I have always wondered if the Wolves mascot in the intro of Entourage is just a random Hollywood shot or does the show have ties to Chicago. Anyone know?

chaerulez
04-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Can you find a link on the NBC Law & Order website that will show this clip?

Certain NBC shows are available for free streaming video after they air, however I don't think L&O: SVU is one of them. They usually replay recent episodes on Saturdays, I'll look around in the tv guides to see when they will replay this one.

ewokpelts
04-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Semi-hijack but since we are talking about Chicago connections in TV I'll ask anyway. I have always wondered if the Wolves mascot in the intro of Entourage is just a random Hollywood shot or does the show have ties to Chicago. Anyone know?jeremy piven is from evanston.

PalehosePlanet
04-04-2007, 12:01 AM
IIRC, there was someone here who wrote that some TV shows writer was a big sox fan, and made a lot of references to past players in the characters names. Like naming some people Minnie, Nellie, etc. I think it might have been Law and Order.

The writer/producer you're referring to is Gardner Stern, a total die hard Sox fan. He is a sometime writer/producer/director for the show Las Vegas. He and his family moved to LA in the early 90's I believe.

Law11
04-04-2007, 08:06 AM
That show is in my top 5... Man that Mariska Hargitay is easy on the eyes..

Flight #24
04-04-2007, 09:18 AM

Trib Headline:

Fictional Investigators raise questions of White Sox involvement in Violent Crime Incident

(You know, I think I might actually miss the headline threads if/when the Cubune becomes the Tribune with unbiased coverage.):tongue:

ChiSox14305635
04-04-2007, 12:08 PM
If you have Digital Cable, go to the Video On Demand section, & select Network Shows. Choose NBC, then Law & Order SVU, and choose Episode 18. You'll find the White Sox reference at the 23rd minute. :cool:

But you do have to pay to see that episode.

(Didn't list the price because I'm not sure if that breaks any rules here. Mods feel free to delete this post if this isn't allowed).

ewokpelts
04-04-2007, 12:45 PM
If you have Digital Cable, go to the Video On Demand section, & select Network Shows. Choose NBC, then Law & Order SVU, and choose Episode 18. You'll find the White Sox reference at the 23rd minute. :cool:

But you do have to pay to see that episode.

(Didn't list the price because I'm not sure if that breaks any rules here. Mods feel free to delete this post if this isn't allowed).
you're buying from a licensed vendor(in this case comcast). it's no different than buying from itunes

35th&Shields
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
On the original Law and Order (the only show I watch) if you look closely you'll see in the DA's office a Sox hat, one of those Bulls horns from the Jordan years and a Blackhawks hat...also Dennis Farina when he was on the show had a Chicago flag on his desk.

The "Jack McCoy" character was supposed to be South Side Irish who migrated to NY. The background for his characters is that his dad was a Chicago copper. Makes sense that the character would be a White Sox fan.

As for Dennis Farina, he really was a Chicago cop before becoming an actor.

Lip Man 1
04-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Dennis Farina had a cop show on NBC in the late 80's that regularly made references to the Sox.

The show was set in Chicago in 1960, the Sox had just won the pennant and often you'd hear references in the show to 'Aparicio, Minoso' ect.

Lip

bryPt
04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
If you watch the Show Las Vegas on NBC, you will catch a ton of Sox references. They throw in a name of 2 from the past.

vegyrex
04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
I thought Dennis Farina was a Cubs fan? :?:

FielderJones
04-10-2007, 10:10 AM
That show is in my top 5... Man that Mariska Hargitay is easy on the eyes..

Good genes from mom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0543790/).
:)