PDA

View Full Version : The New Sox hat

Jurr
04-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Has anyone else picked one up?
Me likey. It's not quite as heavy as the total wool version, and it fits awesome. Supposedly the hat doesn't shrink, either.

Usually, I wear the New Era hats after dousing them with a water sprayer to break them in. I don't think it'll work as well with these new hats.

NDSox12
04-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Has anyone else picked one up?
Me likey. It's not quite as heavy as the total wool version, and it fits awesome. Supposedly the hat doesn't shrink, either.

Usually, I wear the New Era hats after dousing them with a water sprayer to break them in. I don't think it'll work as well with these new hats.

Just bought one on Sunday. I like it as well. If what they say is true about it not shrinking, I'll be extremely happy. The reason I had to buy a new one is because my old one had shrunk to the point where it was almost unwearable. Plus it was really starting to smell :D:

Blob
04-04-2007, 09:04 AM
I bought the new one on opening day. I like it.

I too would soak my old hats in water and plop it on my head until it dried. This way it would form to my noggin'.

I don't think I need to do it with the new one. It fits very well!

I am very happy with the new ones!

Today and Friday, at the game, I might be wishing I had the old one though! :tongue:

(Looking for Sox skull cap right now!)

Jurr
04-04-2007, 09:07 AM
I bought the new one on opening day. I like it.

I too would soak my old hats in water and plop it on my head until it dried. This way it would form to my noggin'.

I don't think I need to do it with the new one. It fits very well!

I am very happy with the new ones!

Today and Friday, at the game, I might be wishing I had the old one though! :tongue:

(Looking for Sox skull cap right now!)
Are you going to keep this one as a high crown cap? I usually do the exact same thing you described, but I think I'm keeping this one legit. I usually wear it backwards, anyway.

Over By There
04-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Do they make the new one in low crown? My old low crown 5950 is starting to shrink (and stink).

Jurr
04-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Do they make the new one in low crown? My old low crown 5950 is starting to shrink (and stink).
that would be a yes.

Blob
04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Are you going to keep this one as a high crown cap? I usually do the exact same thing you described, but I think I'm keeping this one legit. I usually wear it backwards, anyway.

Yes, I kept it as a high crown. It does not seem as high as the wool hats. It fits more closely to the shape of my head than the old one did.

Worth $35, at the park!

kevingrt
04-04-2007, 11:17 AM
I was already going to purchase a new hat this year and from what you guys are saying this hat seems like the real deal. I can't wait to get to the ballpark and get one. But do any of you guys know if they are selling these at places like Lids?

I figured the luck and look of the hat I wore everyday from June till November in 2005 had run out. So I will be putting it up the mantel soon.

BadBobbyJenks
04-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I know Dick's Sporting Goods has them, I would imagine lids does too

Giv20
04-04-2007, 01:22 PM
You might want to check this place out. Quick delivery and variety
of both major and minor league hats. For what the ballpark charges,
it might be worth a look.

www.minorleagues.com (http://www.minorleagues.com)

Soxfest
04-04-2007, 06:01 PM
I like it!

NDSox12
04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
I was already going to purchase a new hat this year and from what you guys are saying this hat seems like the real deal. I can't wait to get to the ballpark and get one. But do any of you guys know if they are selling these at places like Lids?

They definitely sell them at Lids. I bought mine at a Lids in Northern Virginia.

Red Barchetta
04-04-2007, 06:44 PM
It seems as though some players (and a certain manager) :wink: are still wearing last year's model with the grey undervisors. I wonder it MLB/Selig are going to let them continue or force the change....

Brian26
04-04-2007, 08:51 PM
that would be a yes.

But you have to order the low crown online (New Era site), right?

ShoelessJoeS
04-04-2007, 10:06 PM
What is all this low crown, high crown talk about?

Jurr
04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
What is all this low crown, high crown talk about?
New Era authentic hats come in a high crown look (which is what the guys on the field wear - think Tom Glavine or Garland), and they have a low profile hat that fits the head a little lower (think El Duque). You can make a high crown hat look low profile by soaking it and wearing it (which makes it shrink to fit your head), which is what a lot of people do if they don't like the squared look.

PalehosePlanet
04-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Also if you're into Cooperstown collection caps there are low crown and high crown caps/cuts. The New Era throwbacks are high crown, whlle the American Needle caps are low crown. The colors are also slightly different with the New Eras tending to be darker.

Red Barchetta
04-05-2007, 08:42 AM
New Era authentic hats come in a high crown look (which is what the guys on the field wear - think Tom Glavine or Garland), and they have a low profile hat that fits the head a little lower (think El Duque). You can make a high crown hat look low profile by soaking it and wearing it (which makes it shrink to fit your head), which is what a lot of people do if they don't like the squared look.

When browsing hats in a store, is there a label that indicates whether the hat is high crown or low crown? I never knew there were different versions. I just thought they looked different on each person based on the fit of the hat vs. size of the head. :D: