PDA

View Full Version : Erstad's uniform style

Whitesox029
04-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Going by the picture of him hitting his HR that was in the Tribune today, he looks very retro, wearing it a little baggy with the high socks. I like it. I wish more players would wear their uniforms like that. It reminds me of 1959 throwback day back in 2005. Am I crazy, or am I right?

zach074
04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
It reminds me of 1959 throwback day back in 2005. Am I crazy, or am I right?

That is the first thing i thought of when i saw him.

WhiteSox5187
04-03-2007, 11:27 PM
There is only problem with his uni, no stirrups. It used to be every player wore stirrups, but now hardly anyone does. Stirrups are the classic baseball look and I thought it was so cool that in '05 everyone (I think) wore stirrups with the throw back uni. But high socks are okay, so much better than the pajama pants look that we see all too often these days.

Murphy10
04-03-2007, 11:39 PM
I think the high socks looks much better than the pants beneath the cleat. However during my games I still go with the pants under the cleat look.

Hypocrite

BiggestFan14
04-03-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't know why, but I think certain styles look good on certain people. It may be just preference but maybe the players just want to look good.

Nellie_Fox
04-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Maybe baseball should do what football does and require that all the players wear their uniforms the same way; at least all the players on the same team.

I still don't understand why you can no longer do the "Big Klu" thing with your sleeves (all sleeve lengths have to be the same) but the much more noticeable pants length varies all over the place.

IndianWhiteSox
04-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Maybe baseball should do what football does and require that all the players wear their uniforms the same way; at least all the players on the same team.

I still don't understand why you can no longer do the "Big Klu" thing with your sleeves (all sleeve lengths have to be the same) but the much more noticeable pants length varies all over the place.

I could've sworn that the roid father himself used to do that a few years ago for the Sox?

ewokpelts
04-04-2007, 11:09 AM
There should be one uniform standard.
Having 25 players and 25 uniform styles is kinda stupid to me.
It's a uniform, not partywear.

PatK
04-04-2007, 11:36 AM
I miss stirrups.

I think the trend of going to long pants started when more players started playing in 3/4 and hi-top shoes.

ND_Sox_Fan
04-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I prefer these: http://www.baseball-statistics.com/HOF/Player-pics/ruth_babe.jpg

As opposed to these: http://www.gibraltartrade.com/store/media/stargell_willie_b2.jpg

Nellie_Fox
04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
I could've sworn that the roid father himself used to do that a few years ago for the Sox?I assume you're talking about Canseco. I don't remember that, but I do remember that the year they retired Jackie Robinson's number on every team, Deion Sanders (then with Cincinnati IIRC) wanted to wear his sleeves about 3" long like Jackie used to, as a tribute, and he was told by MLB that unless the entire Reds team did it, he could not.