PDA

View Full Version : Just Wonderin'

PhillipsBubba
04-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Why do the White Sox wear black socks?:?:

I'm askin'...

WhiteSox5187
04-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Haha, good question, this has been asked before...for years and years the Sox wore white socks and then they started screwing around with the color scheme of it, there's a bit about it in the uniform section...ultimately though I think it just goes better with the color scheme. White Sox with white pants may not look so good

tick53
04-03-2007, 06:15 PM
I always wondered what they would look like wearing white shoes like the A's. Probably not a good idea, but it would fit.

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Haha, good question, this has been asked before...for years and years the Sox wore white socks and then they started screwing around with the color scheme of it, there's a bit about it in the uniform section...ultimately though I think it just goes better with the color scheme. White Sox with white pants may not look so good

Yup, I'm pretty sure it's just cause it looks cooler.

Red Barchetta
04-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I like the old white on white socks/pants look for the early era. I agree it would be tough to pull off in the modern era however.

I view the White "SOX" as more of the white logo on the hat vs. the actual color of the socks.

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I just read an article (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20050918/ai_n15710023)by a guy looking to answer the question. I don't know how valid he was, but he suggests that when the team went to the currenty uniforms with the black hat, they switched because they thought the socks should match the hat. Basically, it looks better.

Brian26
04-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Most guys still wear a pair of white sanitary socks, but you just can't see them under the pulled down pants or the black soccer socks. A handful of mlb guys still wear stirrups really low, and you can see the white socks underneath those.

WhiteSox5187
04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Most guys still wear a pair of white sanitary socks, but you just can't see them under the pulled down pants or the black soccer socks. A handful of mlb guys still wear stirrups really low, and you can see the white socks underneath those.
Ozzie used to wear stirrups...but I don't think anyone on the current Sox roster wears stirrups and I doubt that they wear white sanis. I think they probably just wear black baseball socks (the kind you can get at Sportsmart) with out sanis if they hike their pants up or a guy like Paulie might just wear normal socks.

DarkHorse35
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Good guys wear Black :cool:.

doublem23
04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Exactly.

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/53/104053.jpg

champagne030
04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
I think they probably just wear black baseball socks (the kind you can get at Sportsmart) with out sanis if they hike their pants up or a guy like Paulie might just wear normal socks.

Walnuts wears black ankle weights and lead shoes.