PDA

View Full Version : for those who went to opening day..how nice is the park now?

tony1972
04-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm going Friday..but haven't been there since last year...

DumpJerry
04-03-2007, 06:12 PM
It was real nice until Contreras' second pitch........:angry:

Visually, it's great. The green seats look classy, the striped grass looks great-check it out from all angles. The two blue seats have little plaques on them, the new video is awesome. The Majestic Tee Shirt Store (by Sec. 123) should be visited, it has some good stuff for sale.

The bullpen looked pretty sharp, by the way.:wink:

baaadbobbyjenks
04-03-2007, 06:13 PM
It looked great. It's amazing how much better it looks than 5 years ago. They really did a great job with it.

HawkDJ
04-03-2007, 06:49 PM
What's different about the video?

lizard6king6
04-03-2007, 07:15 PM
The two blue seats have little plaques on them, the new video is awesome. The Majestic Tee Shirt Store (by Sec. 123) should be visited, it has some good stuff for sale.

Does anyone know the exact locations of the 2 blue seats? Im sure there easy to find but I was just wondering what row and such.

NoNeckEra
04-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Once the park is full, you really don't notice the new seats, or that the press box is moved. But I noticed the out of town scoreboard is now painted in "retro green", and it seemed to blend in better with the park.

I also noticed that the bathrooms are constantly plagued with long lines. I can only imagine with colder weather........

JimmyJoe
04-03-2007, 07:57 PM
It was real nice until Contreras' second pitch........:angry:

Visually, it's great. The green seats look classy, the striped grass looks great-check it out from all angles. The two blue seats have little plaques on them, the new video is awesome. The Majestic Tee Shirt Store (by Sec. 123) should be visited, it has some good stuff for sale.

What do the plaques say?
Does anyone know the Section/Row/Seat of the blue seats?

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I didn't look for the 2 blue seats, but the new video was really cool.

HawkDJ
04-03-2007, 08:17 PM
I didn't look for the 2 blue seats, but the new video was really cool.

details???

Red Barchetta
04-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Did they swap out the blue tables in the Bullpen Bar? I know that was an issue of heated debate earlier. I noticed that there still seems to be some blue in the visitors bullpen. Maybe waiting for some matching paint....

gosox3072
04-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Did they swap out the blue tables in the Bullpen Bar? I know that was an issue of heated debate earlier. I noticed that there still seems to be some blue in the visitors bullpen. Maybe waiting for some matching paint....

No, i was sitting at one in the bar and they were still blue.

Viva Medias B's
04-03-2007, 09:05 PM
details???

The video was generally the same until the end. It added some highlights of 2006. The World Series trophy ascension is gone and replaced by a computer graphic USCF with lighting with key players on the team appearing in it.

I also noticed the long men's restroom lines, obviously due to all those fans who drank in moderation.

roylestillman
04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
What do the plaques say?
Does anyone know the Section/Row/Seat of the blue seats?
I know one is in Setion 159, Row 4 or 5.

gosox3072
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
The video was generally the same until the end. It added some highlights of 2006. The World Series trophy ascension is gone and replaced by a computer graphic USCF with lighting with key players on the team appearing in it.

I also noticed the long men's restroom lines, obviously due to all those fans who drank in moderation.

The video was ok. The first part up untill they showed the 2005 trophy was still amazing and gave me goosebumps.....last year the team came out after that. This year after they showed the trophy there was that computer graphic thing which i didnt like that much, it kinda got u all excited and ended with the trophy and then they tried building the excitement again. the WS trophy is as exciting as it gets! :rolleyes:

chisoxmike
04-03-2007, 10:32 PM
The park looks really nice. I think its cool that every Opening Day since 2001 we've basically seen a new stadium.

I'm a huge fan of the opening video/thunderstruck stuff, but I thought the new part with the players coming up from the ground and the electric noises was lame. It also seemed "Thunderstuck" wasn't played as loud. Still cool though and it gets the fans pumped.

Can't say anything else, the park looks amazing, all we need now is another trophy to add to the collection...:bandance::bandance::bandance:

kevingrt
04-03-2007, 10:35 PM
I am assuming still Thunderstruck is the music?

chisoxmike
04-03-2007, 10:41 PM

You assume correct.

Timmy D's
04-03-2007, 10:43 PM

Yes it is.

They've managed to add some more intelligence insulting Illinois lottery plugs though. I liked the one Monday when they didnnt even show us or the guy what he won. They really need to give it up already.

Murphy10
04-03-2007, 11:41 PM
The stadium just feels so much better with every seat besides the two green. It may take me a while to get adjusted to the media booth and stuff above home plate looking different. Other than that I absolutely love it. Gotta love it from section 108!

DumpJerry
04-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Blue seat locations:
Paulie: Sec. 159, next to the Bullpen about 6 rows up.
Pods: Sec. 101, front row about 6 or 7 seats from Sec. 100.

The plaques state the date, person who hit the home run and the fact it was a Granny for Paulie.

If you get to the park before it fills up, you'll have no trouble spotting them, they stick out.