PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie discussion on ATH

JermaineDye05
04-03-2007, 05:21 PM
for anyone interested, no Marrioti he's been eliminated already although they described it as him being on the 'hot seat' so could be bad. Coming up next.

jdm2662
04-03-2007, 05:24 PM
for anyone interested, no Marrioti he's been eliminated already although they described it as him being on the 'hot seat' so could be bad. Coming up next.

This is why I don't pay attention to the media. They lose one game, and now he's on the hot seat... I agree some his act will be tired if they don't continue their winning ways, but call me in June if the Sox are under .500 to say he's on the hot seat.

kevingrt
04-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Those people are stupid except for Michael Smith, Adande, and Tim C. I will wait till 4:30 to turn on ESPN.

whitem0nkey
04-03-2007, 05:25 PM
ozzie placed himself on the hot seat not the media.

I guess he made some comments before the game "we have high expectations, if we fall short I should be fired."

edit to get his quote

JermaineDye05
04-03-2007, 05:27 PM
The discussion was more about Ozzie saying "if we don't live up to our expectations I deserve to be fired" more than the game. They were wondering it if it was a good idea to place himself on the hot seat like that or not.

kevingrt
04-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Ozzie made it to PTI too. This is fun.

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2007, 05:33 PM
A discussion about Ozzie is coming up in a bit on PTI. I'd be more interested in what they say than the guys on ATH.

DumpJerry
04-03-2007, 05:41 PM
The discussion was more about Ozzie saying "if we don't live up to our expectations I deserve to be fired" more than the game. They were wondering it if it was a good idea to place himself on the hot seat like that or not.
Please..........last year Leyland said something similar about quitting smoking or something like that in mid-April to light a fire under the Tigers. It worked until Game 3 of the World Series.

oeo
04-03-2007, 05:45 PM
This is ****ing garbage. There was nothing wrong with what Ozzie said. Here we have the media spewing this crap again. It's like the baseball season starts and that means it's time to start throwing shots at Ozzie. It's old, it was old two years ago.

And I love how all these people that have never been on a major league baseball team know that the team is going to start getting sick of Ozzie. I'm sick of hearing that crap...once again, I've never once heard any player say a bad thing about Ozzie; yet it's proven fact that if Ozzie doesn't "shut up", the team is going to want him gone. *****...

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2007, 05:47 PM
They're talking about the Cubs sale right now possibly going to Cuban.

Apparently when asked about Cuban, Jerry said something along the lines "It's a matter of public record when he bought the Mavericks, the vote to allow it was 29-1" implying he was the one against it.

On Ozzie, they basically said the same type of thing you have been. It's just one game, and Ozzie has the right kind of GM for him to be an effective manager. But where he could get in trouble is if reporters start asking players about every thing he says and it gets to be more trouble than it's worth. And PTI proves why they are better than ATH.

WS in 05
04-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Those people are stupid except for Michael Smith, Adande, and Tim C. I will wait till 4:30 to turn on ESPN.

Those are the guys from ATH..........?:?:

WhiteSox5187
04-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I think what he did makes perfect sense, it's placing the burden of responsibility on his (Ozzie's) shoulders and alleviates some of the scrunity that would be placed on guys like Floyd, Danks and Massett. I think for a guy like Konerko or Buerhle or Dye it's just buisness as usual, but for a young guy coming onto this team with a lot of questions around it and a lot of expectations, it could be a lot to handle. I think Ozzie is saying "If we suck, it's my fault, not the players" which isn't true at all, but I think that would be a huge burden off the shoulders of a guy like Danks.

Ultimately though, if this team sucks the burden of responsibility doesn't fall on Ozzie, it will fall on Kenny. That is the guy that I (and I'm willing to bet a lot of people here) will hold responsible.

FarWestChicago
04-03-2007, 07:10 PM
And PTI proves why they are better than ATH.Are you serious? That's like comparing Ebola to necrotizing fasciitis. :o:

kevingrt
04-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Are you serious? That's like comparing Ebola to necrotizing fasciitis. :o:

Definite quote of the season so far! Nice one FWC.

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Are you serious? That's like comparing Ebola to necrotizing fasciitis. :o:

Yeah, I am. I'm not saying they are Conan and Andy Richter, but I think they work fairly well together and are semi-entertaining. Most importantly, the things that I DONT like about them, don't make me hate them. For example, I can tolerate that Wilbon is a Cubs fan because he doesn't shove it down your throat. Most importantly, they both seem like fairly decent guys.
While ATH is just a cluster**** of columnists that are so god damned annoying they make you want to shove spikes in your ears.

FarWestChicago
04-03-2007, 08:45 PM
...that are so god damned annoying they make you want to shove spikes in your ears.Now that is the best general description of ESPN the Tabloid I've seen in quite a while. :D:

jdm2662
04-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I am. I'm not saying they are Conan and Andy Richter, but I think they work fairly well together and are semi-entertaining. Most importantly, the things that I DONT like about them, don't make me hate them. For example, I can tolerate that Wilbon is a Cubs fan because he doesn't shove it down your throat. Most importantly, they both seem like fairly decent guys.
While ATH is just a cluster**** of columnists that are so god damned annoying they make you want to shove spikes in your ears.

I can honostly say I've never watched more than 15 seconds of ATH. When it first came on, quite a bit of my friends gave it rave reviews. I refuse to even try to watch/listen/read anything assoicated with the Moron. PTI is a good show. It is a good format, they are both entertaining, and they actually might provide some insight.

oeo
04-03-2007, 09:05 PM
I think what he did makes perfect sense, it's placing the burden of responsibility on his (Ozzie's) shoulders and alleviates some of the scrunity that would be placed on guys like Floyd, Danks and Massett. I think for a guy like Konerko or Buerhle or Dye it's just buisness as usual, but for a young guy coming onto this team with a lot of questions around it and a lot of expectations, it could be a lot to handle. I think Ozzie is saying "If we suck, it's my fault, not the players" which isn't true at all, but I think that would be a huge burden off the shoulders of a guy like Danks.

Ultimately though, if this team sucks the burden of responsibility doesn't fall on Ozzie, it will fall on Kenny. That is the guy that I (and I'm willing to bet a lot of people here) will hold responsible.

:thumbsup:

In other words, he knows what he's doing. He's not stupid; he was a player, so I think he knows what will and what will not encourage the team. These people that have never played an inning of big league baseball need to shut their mouths.

Jurr
04-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Ozzie knows he's got a TON of clout in that organization, and he can get away with saying that stuff. It's not rocket science. These media types take every quote and dissect them word for word, not understanding a thing about what was said. Buffoons. That's why they should keep typing on a keyboard and stay off the air.