PDA

View Full Version : USCF between-inning commercials

SoxRox
04-03-2007, 02:13 PM
My wife and I went to the game yesterday and we both very put off by the new level of "commercial-type programming" on the diamond vision screen between every half inning.

I've learned to expect racing pizzas and whatnot. I kinda like the crowd shots. But do they really have to shove some annoying Chevy pride crew girl up there every time to implore me to "switch phones" or to watch people dance around like idiots?

Am I the only one who feels this stuff is getting worse?

-SoxRox

oeo
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
No offense, but I don't get why between innings activities annoy people so much. What's the big deal? It's not like you're going through hell...:dunno:

BanditJimmy
04-03-2007, 02:17 PM
some chevy pride girls is not bad entertainment to see between innings.

I have no problem with what they do at USCF.

Jaffar
04-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I was supposed to be one of those dancing idiots yesterday but I couldn't find the girl when the time came but I think it was my fault more then hers since I was drinking pretty heavily early on with some of the nice folks of WSI. My cousin and his gf where the ones that did the cell phone one. I personally never really cared about what they do between innings.

Frontman
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Actually, its pretty fun to see the Chevy Pride girls backflip in the outfield. That commercial like nature of baseball has been around for a long, long time.

oeo
04-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Actually, its pretty fun to see the Chevy Pride girls backflip in the outfield.

Yeeees...backflip in the outfield.....:wink:

The only problem with the Pride Crew is the drunken idiots that want a crappy t-shirt. I can see kids wanting a t-shirt, but the adults...do you have to get up and start jumping around and screaming? Blegh.

salty99
04-03-2007, 02:25 PM
That stupid switch to US Cellular promo was practically booed off the field.

TDog
04-03-2007, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't be annoyed about things going on between innings. I would be annoyed, though, if during the game I had to listen to recorded music instead of the spontaneous artistry of Nancy Faust.

eriqjaffe
04-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Yesterday, the activities in between innings should have been the least annoying parts of the day.

BanditJimmy
04-03-2007, 02:52 PM
nothing ever seems to be a problem when the Sox are winning.

I'm more worried about Contreras than I am about the Chevy Pride Crew.

Rocky Soprano
04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
The worst one was the IL lottery one. The crowd never cheered so who knows what that poor guy ended up with.

skottyj242
04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
I like revenue.

JohnnyInnsbrook
04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
The Illinois lottery game was a train wreck. During the second or third inning a guy had an option to keep an autographed Contreras ball or trade it in for something else....fans in my section were yelling throw it back. After some mic problems they just stopped the promotion.

Foulke You
04-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Yesterday, the activities in between innings should have been the least annoying parts of the day.
Perhaps the score of the game put people more in tune with the in between innings activities. OR perhaps the score just put people in such an ornery mood that they were willing to take it out on Chevy Pride crew girls:cool:

peeonwrigley
04-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Perhaps the score of the game put people more in tune with the in between innings activities. OR perhaps the score just put people in such an ornery mood that they were willing to take it out on Chevy Pride crew girls:cool:

Word.

SoxRox
04-03-2007, 03:03 PM
The worst one was the IL lottery one. The crowd never cheered so who knows what that poor guy ended up with.

Yeah, That one was really bad. That one, and the Switch to US Cell one, were the worst of the lot. When people start booing the promotions you know you got a problem.

-SoxRox

johnr1note
04-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I wouldn't be annoyed about things going on between innings. I would be annoyed, though, if during the game I had to listen to recorded music instead of the spontaneous artistry of Nancy Faust.

Have you been to any night games since 2005? Nancy only plays for day games and weekends now.

BeviBall!
04-03-2007, 03:39 PM
The Pride Crew has to go, but if they're staying for another year, at least get kids that can SPEAK ENGLISH.

"We're, uh, here in the, uh, fundamamemtals deck."

StillMissOzzie
04-03-2007, 03:50 PM

My whole day was ruined not learning which Lotto ball the guy ended up with.

The game was much more annoying than the between-inning stuff.

SMO
:gulp:

Frontman
04-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Man, we're really in aggravated moods when women in hotpants *annoy* us.

:D:

chisoxfanatic
04-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Have you been to any night games since 2005? Nancy only plays for day games and weekends now.

Nancy didn't play nearly enough yesterday.

Chicago
04-03-2007, 04:11 PM
that Holiday Inn Double Take was terrible

minutia
04-03-2007, 04:16 PM
that Holiday Inn Double Take was terrible
I hear you. That guy looked nothing like Paul Konerko.

minutia
04-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I hated the "Switch by the Sevent" and the lottery thing. However the one other lottery promotion that I have seen bombed. There was one in 2005 where they had scratch cards on the field and the tool they gave everyone to use to scratch off the ticket did not work. One guy pulled a quarter out of his pocket. It took forever. People were really booing. I think it was in conjunction with winning a car.

itsnotrequired
04-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I hear you. That guy looked nothing like Paul Konerko.

Huh? Out of all the mugs they threw up there, the second Konerko was the only one that was close. All the rest were off.

WhiteSox5187
04-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I just think the Pride Crew and the lot come out at the worst moments. I remember last year at a game against Minnesota we gave three runs and the lead and then they say "Put your hands together for the Chevorlet Pride Crew!" And no one felt like cheering. I remember some guy sitting behind just screamed "Kill the Pride Crew!" I know they always come out at regular scheduled times, but seriously after the Sox just gave up nine runs in two innings I don't feel like screaming my headoff over a friggin' truck. And that "Who wants to change thier service?" thing was just awful.

itsnotrequired
04-03-2007, 04:32 PM
No offense, but I don't get why between innings activities annoy people so much. What's the big deal? It's not like you're going through hell...:dunno:

[chisozmike]Forget it, I'm never going to a game again.:angry: Absolue bull**** and horse**** mixed together in a jug![/chisoxmike]

TDog
04-03-2007, 06:03 PM

I haven't been in Chicago since 2003. Even then there wasn't enough Nancy Faust and I understand now it is only getting worse.

I thought the irony in my statement was strong enough that teal would have only been redundant.

DumpJerry
04-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I was too busy half the time catching up with the other ST holders around me to notice. We resolved the Lance Briggs' situation ("screw him!") and what we'll do after we buy the Cubs (move them to either Portland, OR. or New Dehli, India. We're leaning India).

The other half the time, my head was in my hands..............:angry:

WS in 05
04-03-2007, 06:24 PM
I enjoy the seinfeld look-a-like's

ws05champs
04-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Last year I saw one of the dancing idiots almost fall into the dugout. :D: Outside of that, almost all their promotions are pretty lame.

I was really disappointed that the astronaut that threw out the first pitch wasn't even the one that made the news going to Florida in diapers to kidnap her rival. That would have been really cool if they had her.

mrfourni
04-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Last year I saw one of the dancing idiots almost fall into the dugout. :D: Outside of that, almost all their promotions are pretty lame.

I was really disappointed that the astronaut that threw out the first pitch wasn't even the one that made the news going to Florida in diapers to kidnap her rival. That would have been really cool if they had her.

I was thinking about that during the game. If anyone wants to get rid of the promotions on top of the dugout, just fall off the dugout, sue, and those promotions will be gone real fast.

itsnotrequired
04-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I was thinking about that during the game. If anyone wants to get rid of the promotions on top of the dugout, just fall off the dugout, sue, and those promotions will be gone real fast.

This is an excellent plan. So should I make my season ticket payment to the Sox or just cut out the middle man and send the money directly to a total doof?

:rolleyes: