PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas

Petch
04-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Growing up, my favorite player was Frank Thomas, and despite his rash choices while making his exit from the South Side, I cannot help but still love this guy. He will always be my hero. That being said, I find myself kind of hoping that he gets to 500 and then retires immediately. Any thoughts?

oeo
04-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Growing up, my favorite player was Frank Thomas, and despite his rash choices while making his exit from the South Side, I cannot help but still love this guy. He will always be my hero. That being said, I find myself kind of hoping that he gets to 500 and then retires immediately. Any thoughts?

Why? :?:

Jaffar
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't you rather he stay healthy and try for 600?

CLR01
04-03-2007, 02:21 PM
My thoughts? You need to learn to post things in the right forum.

Madvora
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Did anyone see this picture of Pods yet? Looks like it hurt!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/jrc3408/89188_0f7a5a7e-1556-4e48-9138-df52c.jpg

JohnnyInnsbrook
04-03-2007, 02:47 PM

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/jrc3408/89188_0f7a5a7e-1556-4e48-9138-df52c.jpg
LMAO

soxfan13
04-03-2007, 03:04 PM

VERY GOOD :tongue:

itsnotrequired
04-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Thomas does not equal Kruk.

sox1970
04-03-2007, 03:21 PM

Barry Bonds has made me think homerun milestones are now meaningless. This whole era has, as a matter of fact.

CLR01
04-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Barry Bonds has made me think homerun milestones are now meaningless. This whole era has, as a matter of fact.

Frank has what to do with Bonds and the rest of the roiders?

sox1970
04-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Frank has what to do with Bonds and the rest of the roiders?

I'm not saying Frank did or didn't take roids or HGH. I just think the whole era has a black eye when it comes to statistics.

To me, Frank could have retired 3 or 4 years ago, and he still would have been a Hall of Famer. 500 homers? 600 homers? It really doesn't matter anymore in my opinion.

Hopefully he is playing because he still likes it and wants to compete for another ring--and not for a homerun total.

soxfan13
04-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm not saying Frank did or didn't take roids or HGH. I just think the whole era has a black eye when it comes to statistics.

To me, Frank could have retired 3 or 4 years ago, and he still would have been a Hall of Famer. 500 homers? 600 homers? It really doesn't matter anymore in my opinion.

Hopefully he is playing because he still likes it and wants to compete for another ring--and not for a homerun total.

You can always hope:wink:

ondafarm
04-03-2007, 04:14 PM

I think 500 homers really does matter when it comes to HoF voting. And playing in the ALED should help get him greater exposure to the teams there which are overrepresnted, IMHO, among the voting sportswriters. He did well here in the west last year and this should definately help his chances.

IMO, he belongs in the HoF, no contest, but I know plenty of sportswriters who are not so certain.

IndianWhiteSox
04-04-2007, 07:30 AM

That depends who reaches that milestone. If Frank and A-Rod both reach those numbers, then they are first ballot hall of fame players. But if it Shamme and Bonds that put up those numbers, then we know they mean nothing. You can't just take accomplishments away from good players like Frank because of a few bad apples like Bonds or Shammy.

Petch
04-18-2007, 11:37 PM
There is no way that Frank Thomas took Steroids or HGH. As I recall, he was one of the first players on the team to sign up for the voluntary testing to be done as soon as Steroids became a big issue. He wouldn't have done this if he was a user.

Murphy10
04-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Stop at 500? Frank's going for 700!

Rockin Robin
04-24-2007, 03:29 PM
So I went and saw the Jays/Red Sox last night...big man went LOOOOOOOOOONG.

It hit the top of the Volvo sign over the monster in LCF...it quieted the crowd down real nice. I loved it.

RockyMtnSoxFan
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM

I understand what you are saying. I feel similarly about the era. When someone is hitting a lot of HRs, I can't help but wonder what's really going on.

Nevertheless, I think Frank is clean and I hope he has great success during the twilight of his career. I think KW's temper and personality conflict with Frank caused one of the greatest players in franchise history to leave, and I would like Frank to prove that KW was wrong.

Go Frank!

AZChiSoxFan
04-26-2007, 07:10 PM

:rolleyes:

Yes, why on earth would he retire in the middle of the season?

Steelrod
04-26-2007, 07:36 PM
I understand what you are saying. I feel similarly about the era. When someone is hitting a lot of HRs, I can't help but wonder what's really going on.

Nevertheless, I think Frank is clean and I hope he has great success during the twilight of his career. I think KW's temper and personality conflict with Frank caused one of the greatest players in franchise history to leave, and I would like Frank to prove that KW was wrong.

Go Frank!
As aSox fan, I prefer KW to be right.

Nellie_Fox
04-26-2007, 07:46 PM
As aSox fan, I prefer KW to be right.What's done is done. It will in no way help the Sox if KW turns out to be right on this.