PDA

View Full Version : This isn't our Mark Johnson

doctor30th
03-21-2002, 05:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chw

Espn still doesn't have the right picture for him. I'eve wrtten them several time, even sending them his picture form whitesox.com. They have ignored it. I wonder if this guy will ever get any respect there.

DrCrawdad
03-21-2002, 05:50 PM
Who is this guy?

Jerry_Manuel
03-21-2002, 06:04 PM
Who is this guy?

I'm guessing that's one of the other Mark Johnson's and ESPN put a Sox cap on him.

doctor30th
03-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Yeah, it's Mark Johnson the Relief pitcher for Detroit. When I wrote them over the summer to say it was the wrong picture, he had a detroit cap, then a week later they changed it to a Sox hat. Not the resolution I was looking for.

Cheryl
03-21-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
Yeah, it's Mark Johnson the Relief pitcher for Detroit. When I wrote them over the summer to say it was the wrong picture, he had a detroit cap, then a week later they changed it to a Sox hat. Not the resolution I was looking for.

What a bunch of maroons.

DrCrawdad
03-21-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

What a bunch of maroons.

Maroons? There you go making this a question of color. Now Jesse Jackson is going to be protesting WSI.

Daver
03-21-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Maroons? There you go making this a question of color. Now Jesse Jackson is going to be protesting WSI.

Let him.

Hey Jesse,whats that red dot?

Cheryl
03-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

LOL!! Surely you remember Bugs Bunny calling people that.

guillen4life13
03-21-2002, 09:53 PM
the red dot on the forehead? it's called a bindi. traditionally, they'd use some ground up herb or nut or something that was red. that's called kumkum. they still use it today, just not as common. Men use kumkum sometimes also, but they have an ash called vibhuti that they wear on their forehead in three parallel lines (horizontal) with the kumkum just below. just a lil break from whitesox talk since the topic was humorously brought up, i just say this. i don't mean this as a sarcastic reply, but just like a lil background info so u no about bindis and stuff.

Daver
03-21-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
the red dot on the forehead? it's called a bindi. traditionally, they'd use some ground up herb or nut or something that was red. that's called kumkum. they still use it today, just not as common. Men use kumkum sometimes also, but they have an ash called vibhuti that they wear on their forehead in three parallel lines (horizontal) with the kumkum just below. just a lil break from whitesox talk since the topic was humorously brought up, i just say this. i don't mean this as a sarcastic reply, but just like a lil background info so u no about bindis and stuff.

It was a reference to the laser sight on my compound bow,not a race reference.

Iguana775
03-21-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by daver

It was a reference to the laser sight on my compound bow,not a race reference.

i bet you could nail that dot from a couple hundred yards away, right daver?? :gulp:

DrCrawdad
03-21-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

LOL!! Surely you remember Bugs Bunny calling people that.

I don't remember that. I should remember it, given all the time I invested watching cartoons.

Here's a cartoon I can remember...

"Tank you very much. Come again." - Apu