Nah.

A. Cavatica
04-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Only if he buys a ticket.

HotelWhiteSox
04-02-2007, 10:43 PM

soxinem1
04-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I think he falls a little short of the HOF, but he has had an excellent career. He's one of the few guys to actully raise his career avg and SB percentage at 38-39 years of age.

getonbckthr
04-02-2007, 11:18 PM
I think he falls a little short of the HOF, but he has had an excellent career. He's one of the few guys to actully raise his career avg and SB percentage at 38-39 years of age.
Steroids

Chicken Dinner
04-02-2007, 11:19 PM
A few more than Pods.:o:

hose
04-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Not a chance for Lofton to make the HoF.

BainesHOF
04-03-2007, 08:38 AM
While I loved watching Lofton play as a young player, except when he killed us, once I learned the kind of person he is, I began rooting for him to fail. There's a reason such a good player played on so many teams.

tstrike2000
04-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Hof?

No.

JUribe1989
04-03-2007, 04:35 PM
While I loved watching Lofton play as a young player, except when he killed us, once I learned the kind of person he is, I began rooting for him to fail. There's a reason such a good player played on so many teams.

He partakes in multiple charity events as well as putting on special press conferences just for children to attend.

eastchicagosoxfan
04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
He partakes in multiple charity events as well as putting on special press conferences just for children to attend.
He's not active in his hometown, of East Chicago. He built his grandmother a nice house, and the street is named for him, but he hasn't made contributions to local charities, or organizations that I'm aware of. Of course, he may do these things anonymously too. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that he ( Lofton ) believes a lot of people want something from him for nothing. It's possible too that he left town, and really didn't want to look back. He may not have too many fond memories. All of this is speculation. He might just be a jerk. He was a heck of an athlete in high school. I played some summer baseball against him. He was real good.
As far as the HOF goes, he approaches borderline status, but I believe he falls short of serious consideration. Of course, if he remains healthy, and on a winning team, and excels in the post-season, his status could change. A couple of memorable post-seasons can really emphasize, and add glitter to a solid career. If he plays until he's 43, four more years for a twenty year career, he could have these numbers.
1800 runs
2700 hits
400 doubles
125 triples
130 homer runs
850 RBI's
700 stolen bases
.295 career avg.

Obviously, pure speculation, but those are reachable numbers, if he remains healthy, and proves he can still play. Are those numbers HOF material? I don't know.

IndianWhiteSox
04-04-2007, 05:32 AM
He's not active in his hometown, of East Chicago. He built his grandmother a nice house, and the street is named for him, but he hasn't made contributions to local charities, or organizations that I'm aware of. Of course, he may do these things anonymously too. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that he ( Lofton ) believes a lot of people want something from him for nothing. It's possible too that he left town, and really didn't want to look back. He may not have too many fond memories. All of this is speculation. He might just be a jerk. He was a heck of an athlete in high school. I played some summer baseball against him. He was real good.
As far as the HOF goes, he approaches borderline status, but I believe he falls short of serious consideration. Of course, if he remains healthy, and on a winning team, and excels in the post-season, his status could change. A couple of memorable post-seasons can really emphasize, and add glitter to a solid career. If he plays until he's 43, four more years for a twenty year career, he could have these numbers.
1800 runs
2700 hits
400 doubles
125 triples
130 homer runs
850 RBI's
700 stolen bases
.295 career avg.

Obviously, pure speculation, but those are reachable numbers, if he remains healthy, and proves he can still play. Are those numbers HOF material? I don't know.

If he actually puts up those numbers, then he probably is a hall of fame player. Especially considering the fact that probably has the East coast bias on his side.