PDA

View Full Version : *Official* You Write Tomorrow's Soxbune Headline

IlliniSox4Life
04-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Now that the Cub's are for sale and Zell will own the Tribune and a share of the Sox, is it time for one of these? Will sportswriters all over Tribune Tower be trying to flip the script?

WILLIAMS GENIUS TRADES PAYOFF! AARDSMA AND SISCO SHOW BRILLIANCE!
-Future HOFer Brian Anderson batting 1.000
-"Grinder" Erstad plays more than small ball. Leads Majors in HRs

CUBS LOSE!
ON TRACK FOR MAJOR LEAGUE WORST RECORD 0-162 SEASON!
CUBS MOVING TO VEGAS? THATS NO GAMBLE!

MCHSoxFan
04-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Now that the Cub's are for sale and Zell will own the Tribune and a share of the Sox, is it time for one of these? Will sportswriters all over Tribune Tower be trying to flip the script?

CUBS LOSE!

I just LOVE it!!! This is sooo funny, yet sooo true.
:D: :D: :D: :D:

PAPChiSox729
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
About the Erstad thing, so far both Adam Dunn and Edgar Renteria have hit two homers each. But here's to the impending HR race!

:bandance:

IlliniSox4Life
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
About the Erstad thing, so far both Adam Dunn and Edgar Renteria have hit two homers each. But here's to the impending HR race!

:bandance:

Yeah, I figured somebody probably had two, but I was too lazy to fact check. Sound familiar?

IndianWhiteSox
04-04-2007, 05:05 AM

CUBS LOSE!

My how times have changed!

:cool:

Anyway my headline:

Sox start off with a bang! even though the lost their opener badly...Erstad=Minnie Minoso? Our Phil Rogers and Rick Morrisey to discuss his legacy as a White Sox

CUBS LOSE OPENER AS ZAMBRANO CRUMBLES LIKE THE "SHRINE". LOU PINELLA UNDER FIRE ALREADY? MCCGRATH SPECLUATES ABOUT PINELLA'S LAMEDUCK POSITION ON PAGE 3.

Hitmen77
04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Trib Investigation Uncovers Existence of Successful MLB Franchise Within City Limits
- So-called "South Siders" apparently have the 5th best record in MLB since 1990 and actually won the World Series in 2005.
- Trib staff puzzled by the lack of urine smell at attractive, fan-friendly ballpark
- At a loss to explain $600k homes being built in dangerous ghetto

In other news,
Wrigley Field Is a Dump
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-070403morrissey,1,6122762.column?coll=chi-sportstop-hed

(to be fair, Morrissey has said this before about Wrigley)

WizardsofOzzie
04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Trib Investigation Uncovers Existence of Successful MLB Franchise Within City Limits
- So-called "South Siders" apparently have the 5th best record in MLB since 1990 and actually won the World Series in 2005.
- Trib staff puzzled by the lack of urine smell at attractive, fan-friendly ballpark
- At a loss to explain $600k homes being built in dangerous ghetto

In other news,
Wrigley Field Is a Dump
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-070403morrissey,1,6122762.column?coll=chi-sportstop-hed

(to be fair, Morrissey has said this before about Wrigley)

Ahhh you beat me to posting Morrissey's column. Thats some funny stuff there

vegyrex
04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
We Were Tortured

Tribune sports columnists reveal shocking secrets about chamber of horrors in the bowels of the Tribune tower.

"They made us write all these horrible things. We've known all along the Cubs sucked." - Paul Sullivan

"We all faced water boarding if we didn't cheer for the Cubs." - Phil Rogers

"Bless you Mr. Zell for setting us free!!" - Fred Mitchell