PDA

View Full Version : Rotation for Minnesota Series

havelj
04-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Is Ozzie skipping the 5th spot with the off days?

Assuming the order is:
Contreras
Garland
Buehrle
Vazquez
Danks

So the Minnesota series would be Vazquez, Danks and Contreras if there is no skipping. Now...if the Twins skip their 5th spot, that would put Danks debut vs. Johan Santana.

oeo
04-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Is Ozzie skipping the 5th spot with the off days?

Assuming the order is:
Contreras
Garland
Buehrle
Vazquez
Danks

So the Minnesota series would be Vazquez, Danks and Contreras if there is no skipping. Now...if the Twins skip their 5th spot, that would put Danks debut vs. Johan Santana.

Danks is pitching Saturday, on FOX, and there is a great possibility that Santana will pitch that day as well because the Twins are ****ing bastards like that. That game could be a potential disaster. That said, I feel good about the other two games.

Or maybe Danks surprises us all and pitches a gem, a la Felix Diaz a few years ago against the Flubbies. And Santana is typically a slow starter, so we might be able to win.

ShoelessJoeS
04-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Danks is pitching Saturday, on FOX, and there is a great possibility that Santana will pitch that day as well because the Twins are ****ing bastards like that. That game could be a potential disaster. That said, I feel good about the other two games.

Or maybe Danks surprises us all and pitches a gem, a la Felix Diaz a few years ago against the Flubbies. And Santana is typically a slow starter, so we might be able to win.I love your optimism.

Could you imagine the confidence Danks would have after outdueling Cy Santana in his MLB debut?

havelj
04-02-2007, 10:26 AM
According to Sportsline, it appears the Twins are skipping the 5th spot. The series appears to be:

Ponson-Vanquez
Santana-Danks
Boof-Contreras

kevingrt
04-02-2007, 10:33 AM
I love your optimism.

Could you imagine the confidence Danks would have after outdueling Cy Santana in his MLB debut?

Headline in Sundays papers: Potential Cy Young Beats Former Cy Young

oeo
04-02-2007, 11:09 AM
According to Sportsline, it appears the Twins are skipping the 5th spot. The series appears to be:

Ponson-Vanquez
Santana-Danks
Boof-Contreras

Ponson...heheheh. That should be a fun one.

Whitesox029
04-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Headline in Sundays papers: Potential Cy Young Beats Former Cy Young
I don't know what papers you're talking about...certainly not ones with "Chicago" in the title.

cleanwsox
04-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Ponson-Vanquez
Santana-Danks
Boof-Contreras

Ugh, well I guess I shouldn't hold up too much hope for my first game of the year on Saturday.

CLR01
04-02-2007, 11:31 AM

I don't know, I kind of like Danks going up against Santana. How many great starts from the other guys have we seen wasted because great isn't good enough when our hitters are getting owned by Santana? If he wins it would be great for his confidence and if not, whatever, anything less than perfection usually isn't good enough anyway. plus that leaves Vaz and Jose going up against Ponson and Boof where just a good outing should be enough. It may be setting Danks up to lose but I think he can handle that.

ondafarm
04-02-2007, 12:17 PM

Ponson-Vanquez
Santana-Danks
Boof-Contreras

Presuming your Vanquez was a Sreudian Flip, I actually like the Sox pitching matchups in this series. The Twins almost always start slow, don't play well on the road typically and Santana takes awhile to adjust to the non-Florida weather.

soxinem1
04-03-2007, 07:44 AM
I love your optimism.

http://www.spudart.org/blog/images/2006/hawk-harrelson-sox.jpg

'Mercy!!!!!!'

SoxxoS
04-03-2007, 07:57 AM
Danks going up against Santana is a good thing, IMO...since Ozzie will probably tell him

"Iz gunna be har ta score on dis guy anyway, it doznt matter who pitching for uz"

Something along those lines.:D:

INSox56
04-03-2007, 10:27 AM
So far, Santana is slated to go on Sunday.

oeo
04-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't know, I kind of like Danks going up against Santana. How many great starts from the other guys have we seen wasted because great isn't good enough when our hitters are getting owned by Santana? If he wins it would be great for his confidence and if not, whatever, anything less than perfection usually isn't good enough anyway. plus that leaves Vaz and Jose going up against Ponson and Boof where just a good outing should be enough. It may be setting Danks up to lose but I think he can handle that.

Yeah, it's not a big deal if we don't win.

Hopefully Danks can still pitch a good game...I don't know if that will happen considering it's his major league debut, against the Cy Young, and on FOX. But if he's anything like he was in Spring Training, he has the balls to compete.

anewman35
04-04-2007, 07:03 AM
Per Rotoworld:

Johan Santana will get a fifth day of rest between starts and pitch on Sunday.

Santana could have come back on four days' rest Saturday if he wished. Instead, Sidney Ponson will go then.

So it's
Vazquez - Silva
Danks - Ponson
Contreras - Santana

The Immigrant
04-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Per Rotoworld:

So it's
Vazquez - Silva
Danks - Ponson
Contreras - Santana

2 out of 3 sounds very doable, but this is the Twins after all so who knows. Ponson just might be the comeback player of the year.