PDA

View Full Version : Getupguy.

uksoxfan
04-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Good luck to all for 2007. I'll be watching tonight on mlbtv so let's hit the floor running guys!
I've a favour to ask. My good friend Dan who used to post here as the Getupguy has been unwell recentlly & I've been unable to contact him for about a month. I wonder if any of you guys know how he is & could let me know.
Thanks.
GO SOX.

hose
04-02-2007, 09:52 AM
I can't give you an update on TGUG's health but I do want to say I met him at the Sox clincher in Comearica in 2005.

Dan is a great guy and it was fun to listen to him banter back and forth w/Tiger fans in a good natured way.

Brian26
04-02-2007, 10:00 AM
I can't give you an update on TGUG's health but I do want to say I met him at the Sox clincher in Comearica in 2005.

I saw him for that game and talked to him briefly at the game the night before. He was there with his kids and seemed like a really down to earth guy.

hose
04-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I saw him for that game and talked to him briefly at the game the night before. He was there with his kids and seemed like a really down to earth guy.

He told me he drove Mark Buehrle's dad to Detroit for the game and was heading on to Cleveland for the weekend series.

During the game he asked me if I would watch his jacket and stuff while he took his kids to the washroom and I said sure don't even think about it.

He comes back with boxes of food and hands me a slice of pizza and a pop and says thanks for watching the stuff.