PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV 5 day free trial

HotelWhiteSox
04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/premium.jsp?c_id=mlb

5-day Trial: Your 5-day trial begins when you register for the applicable subscription and ends five days thereafter. Unless you cancel your subscription by sending an e-mail to
CS-Rightguard@website.mlb.com from the e-mail address used for registration before the expiration of the 5-day trial, your credit/debit card will be charged based on the subscription you select when you register. Offer valid for new subscribers only. Limit one trial per e-mail address. May not be combined with any other offer.

So I guess you register normally/give a credit card, and have 5 days to cancel. I would love it for opening week if cable doesn't get a deal. Works on Premium too (also good to for trying before buying). Just gonna try and do a little more searching online, see if it matters if I pick monthly or yearly

NDSox12
04-01-2007, 07:34 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/premium.jsp?c_id=mlb

So I guess you register normally/give a credit card, and have 5 days to cancel. I would love it for opening week if cable doesn't get a deal. Works on Premium too (also good to for trying before buying). Just gonna try and do a little more searching online, see if it matters if I pick monthly or yearly

I already signed up for MLB.tv (not very confident that a deal will get done with iNDemand). I'm curious if it is still possible for me to take advantage of this 5 day free trial to check out the premium service. If its enough of an improvement over the regular MLB.tv service, I would probably be willing to spend the extra money.

Law11
04-01-2007, 07:41 PM
With as lousy the feeds are cutting in and out I'd rather do something more constructive for 3 hours than watch a ballgame on my computer.

Now for those not in the area then this is one of the very few options.

But I enjoyed watchting MLB in bed as the west coast games got going.
Not sitting in front of a computer.

:(:

DarkHorse35
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I'll just stick with the radio package until I get back home.

INSox56
04-01-2007, 07:50 PM
That'd be nice to get for free opening week....except that the only games I'd REALLY want to watch are the Sox games........and they're blacked out. :(:

oeo
04-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I'd probably forget to cancel. :redneck

The Immigrant
04-02-2007, 06:26 AM

Or they'd forget to honor your request to cancel. I swear, I think Paulie Walnuts runs their billing department.

krohnjw
04-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Well...here goes the 5 day trial on the premium. The premium at least looks pretty decent on my TV (if InDemand doesn't get their issues sorted with MLB) so we will see.

For anyone looking at the standard quality, if they didn't change it from last year it is really pretty bad. You can't even tell if it is raining most of the time :angry: The premium is likely worth the extra few $$ a month. Bill monthly though as the MLB billing does suck pretty badly (I opt for no recurring and just do it each month manually, that way they can't screw up and have my money).

kevingrt
04-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Already signed up for it since I live in Missouri and don't get Sox games. It's not bad when you have nothing else to fall back on.

krohnjw
04-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Already signed up for it since I live in Missouri and don't get Sox games. It's not bad when you have nothing else to fall back on.

My only huge gripe (despite the horrible quality last year) was the darn delay. Nothing like sitting in the WSI chat and having the train whistle go off before you see what happens :o:

Gavin
04-02-2007, 11:53 AM
For anyone looking at the standard quality, if they didn't change it from last year it is really pretty bad. You can't even tell if it is raining most of the time :angry:

I've been watching MLB.tv as the source of my Sox games since the 2004 season, and I've been pretty satisfied. I would definitely disagree that it's bad; it's very serviceable... and after all, it's baseball. There's not a whole lot going on most of the time.

My only huge gripe (despite the horrible quality last year) was the darn delay. Nothing like sitting in the WSI chat and having the train whistle go off before you see what happens :o:

Well, I can think of one way to fix this problem...

Jjav829
04-02-2007, 12:40 PM

You can mute sounds in the WSI chat. Just mute the sound effects and you can still be in the chat and watching on MLB.TV without any noises ruining the surprise for you. :smile:

HotelWhiteSox
04-02-2007, 04:26 PM

My worry too, but I'm doing it anyways. I'm going to do the 1 month package. Worst case scenario, if I forget, I'm out $20 but get baseball for a month

IlliniSox4Life
04-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Unless they changed it, their customer service phone line is AWFUL, especially at the beginning of the year. Last year I signed up, but didn't realize that Champaign was in the blackout area, so I called to cancel/get a refund. It took at least an hour and a half on hold before I got through, maybe it was as much as two and a half hours. Once I actually got through they were fine, but it took forever.

HotelWhiteSox
04-02-2007, 05:15 PM
700 K is okay, nothing special, unless it's just the Col feed. I didn't realize Mosaic was something you downloaded. It's taking forever. Also had to download this Microsoft.net Framework thing. The Mosaic thing doesn't finish installing until Framework installs, which says the MLB.TV installation box should be closed before continuing, ugghh. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

HotelWhiteSox
04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Ughh, a long ass time to load too, and it seems like it searches for and downloads updates everytime you start it up. Then you have to relog in, and I keep getting these stupid location verifications where I have to put in all my personal info every time. Finally, we're connected, and "STREAM ERROR, TRY AGAIN LATER". But I do get 20 alerts that David Ortiz is up to bat at the bottom :?: I am def cancelling this in 4 days

Jjav829
04-02-2007, 05:43 PM
My feed keeps dropping out. Just let me watch the damn A's-Mariners game in peace already! :angry:

MLB and InDemand need to finish this deal.

HotelWhiteSox
04-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Finally got it to connect. At the highest video quality, didn't look too good in those little squares. And when I kept it like that, the audio was horrible, back to normal when you just pick one game (as I clearly heard the Mariner fan telling Hernandez to 'get his ****ing head in the game', but still, the highest video quality doesn't wow you and looks bad on fullscreen, so I don't even want to try putting it on my TV. Could be first day issues, maybe my computer, even though it's recent, but I'll still probably cancel. Come back Extra Innings!

And again, I hope these alerts don't slow things down, not very efficient. When it's the 3rd inning, I don't need to be told that Danny Haren is still on the mound, for the 15th time.