PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Day of the Year: How are you spending it?

MarySwiss
04-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Yep, I'm talking about today. With the opener and the Madness championship both being tomorrow, how are you "coping" with this incredibly long day?

Out here, we at least have the Suns/Mavs game on, but before the game and during commercials, I've been catching up on my rereading. Currently working my way through Roeper's "Sox and the City," which I will follow with Rogers's "Say It's So." Next comes--in no particular order--Lindberg's "Stuck on the Sox" and "Who's on Third?" and our own Dan H.'s "South Side Hitmen." As a nightcap, WSI's own "Dedicated To..." book, which I will probably follow up with the WS and Sox Pride DVDs and my tape of the parade and rally.

NEXT THING YA KNOW, IT'S---PLAY BALL!!!!!!! AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

Is this the year we finally go undefeated??:D:

MUsoxfan
04-01-2007, 04:59 PM
It's a long day. Usually I watch Major League the day before Spring Training and Field of Dreams before Opening Day for some extra inspiration. I might have to make it a double feature tonight. Although I'm sure I'll catch some of the Mets/Cards game

sox1970
04-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Being happy that I finally got an opening day ticket this morning....and doing the errands now that I was going to do tomorrow before the game.

IlliniSox4Life
04-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm gonna do some errands. Shopping, etc. Gonna get some special meats to grill tomorrow.

chisox77
04-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Starting lame April Fool's threads.

HawkDJ
04-01-2007, 07:22 PM
I've got Halo, the 2005 World Series DVD, Mets-Cards and UNC women's basketball to keep me busy

MCHSoxFan
04-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Could not sleep last night. Today, got up, went to Blackhawks game. Now I am on this site. Later, I will get a burrito and watch Mets @ St. Loius. I want the Mets to win, just to let you know. I will stay up watching World Seires games 2 & 4. Then, in the morning, listen to the Score and go on this site. Next thing you know, PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huisj
04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
I just got home from a fun-filled day of working on a confusing convection assignment and grading lab reports. What a blast.

A. Cavatica
04-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Cursing this lost season.

DarkHorse35
04-01-2007, 08:41 PM
An intramural hopckey game followed by a long hike on a beautiful day in southwest Ohio. It was good for clearing one's head to egt it ready to obsess about the Pale Hose for the next 6 months or so.

MarySwiss
04-01-2007, 08:43 PM
An intramural hopckey game followed by a long hike on a beautiful day in southwest Ohio. It was good for clearing one's head to egt it ready to obsess about the Pale Hose for the next 6 months or so.

Er, make that seven months! :D:

RadioheadRocks
04-01-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm at work until 3am, at least I won't have to go in tomorrow until 8pm. Unfortunately the game isn't on WGN, so I won't get to see it televised, but I'm now the proud owner of an XM radio receiver, so at least I'll get to listen in while I'm doing laundry and cleaning house. :cool:

SoXPriDe33
04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I was so bored today I picked up a shift at the restaurant I work at and worked for 6 hours. Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

DaveIsHere
04-01-2007, 09:51 PM
I am not going to the game tomorrow, but I did take the day off. So I am having a beer and doing some surfing trying to decide what to do for tomorrow. I cannot have anyone over as the house is on the market and people may stop by at anytime so we will see what happens.:gulp:

rwcescato
04-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Yep, I'm talking about today. With the opener and the Madness championship both being tomorrow, how are you "coping" with this incredibly long day?

Out here, we at least have the Suns/Mavs game on, but before the game and during commercials, I've been catching up on my rereading. Currently working my way through Roeper's "Sox and the City," which I will follow with Rogers's "Say It's So." Next comes--in no particular order--Lindberg's "Stuck on the Sox" and "Who's on Third?" and our own Dan H.'s "South Side Hitmen." As a nightcap, WSI's own "Dedicated To..." book, which I will probably follow up with the WS and Sox Pride DVDs and my tape of the parade and rally.

NEXT THING YA KNOW, IT'S---PLAY BALL!!!!!!! AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

Is this the year we finally go undefeated??:D:

Thats easy i worked 12 hours today and I am tired. I will be in bed by 11 and up by 6. At the park by 10.

slobes
04-01-2007, 10:27 PM
the Rookie was on ABC yesterday, that got me really pumped up. Today, I just watched like 12 hours of tv and video games, dreading tomorrow when spring break ends yet totally looking forward to opening day.

Bucky F. Dent
04-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Took the kids on an easter egg hunt.

Watching the Mets/Cards game.

ShoelessJoeS
04-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Lots, and lots...and LOTS of homework.

:angry:

TornLabrum
04-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, let's see, I did some moderating and messaging here. Then I took my wife to the store, and while she was shopping I went to Walgreen's and the post office. Then I was back here for awhile moderating and messaging again. Then I graded some papers. Then I took my wife out to La Mex on Jefferson St. and Essington Rd. for dinner. After that I did a little more moderating and messaging here, and then went to a chat at JackBenny.org. Then I took a shower and came back here for more moderating and messaging.

Tomorrow I'll be back at work, cold finally gone (naturally it lasted all the way through spring break), and I'll maybe get to hear the last part of the game on the way home.

tick53
04-01-2007, 11:19 PM
I played in the band last night at a crazy kicker bar. Got home late so I'm just vegging out.............I'm getting too old for this.:drool:

Huisj
04-01-2007, 11:47 PM
The sad thing is that I'll be stuck taking a thermo exam tomorrow afternoon while the game is going on. crud.

Vernam
04-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Watching the Tennessee Lady Vols take their rightful place in the NCAA championship. But wow, what an ugly win over UNC. :(:

Talked my wife into blowing off work to join me at the game tomorrow. :bandance:

Vernam

whitesoxfan
04-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Watched the NASCAR race at Martinsville (great finish by the way :bandance: ). Then watched the Mets-Cards all while writing papers throughout the day. Gotta love multi-tasking.