PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Hermanson cut

Rockabilly
04-01-2007, 02:25 PM
it looks like the Reds cut Dustin today..

Good luck to Dustin hopefully he can catch on with another team

source rotoworld

balke
04-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Hopefully someone like the Diamondbacks or Cards snag him, and he can return back to form. I haven't seen him pitch, but if he can get anywhere close to how he was with us, he could be absolutely invaluable to either of those teams, and completely change the complexions of their seasons. Kinda a long shot though.

04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Crap! I took a last round pick in 2 fantasy leagues on him! :smile:

He had a great spring! Does Aardsma has any options left?

Scottiehaswheels
04-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Hopefully someone like the Diamondbacks or Cards snag him, and he can return back to form. My money is on the Indians grabbing him..

sox1970
04-01-2007, 02:51 PM
My money is on the Indians grabbing him..

Good call.

soxinem1
04-01-2007, 02:52 PM
My money is on the Indians grabbing him..

Or Tampa Bay.

Curious, one minute he may be their closer, then he gets shown the door. That can only mean one thing. Velocity is not there.

Scottiehaswheels
04-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Or Tampa Bay.

Curious, one minute he may be their closer, then he gets shown the door. That can only mean one thing. Velocity is not there.He did ok all spring but then got hammered for 4ER in a third of an inning yesterday against the Marlins... I couldn't tell ya much otherwise, just what I was hearing listening to the game on MLB Audio.

The Racehorse
04-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Linky (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/wires/04/01/2010.ap.bbn.reds.moves.0357/)

Damn... I was really pulling for him to catch on with the Reds. It seems that many times when Sox players move on, they hook up with a divisional rival or
stay in the AL.

Hermy was so instrumental after Shingo was let go. When the Sox & Hermy were rolling, the pundits just wouldn't tip their caps. I think it was Mike Greenberg from Mike & Mike say early that Summer that [paraphrasing] "while the Sox are winning, we're all waiting for Dustin Hermanson to remember that he is Dustin Hermanson".

I hope he hooks up with someone... in the NL.

04-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Or Tampa Bay.

Curious, one minute he may be their closer, then he gets shown the door. That can only mean one thing. Velocity is not there.

Revisiting myself saying he posted good spring stats.

He started very strong but finished with a 7.00+ ERA.

I wish him the best of luck although hHe will probably be an Indian before the 1st series is complete.

The Racehorse
04-01-2007, 03:06 PM
The 34-year-old pitcher ended spring training with a 7.36 earned run average. The Reds wanted him to open the season with Triple-A Louisville, but Hermanson wanted to be released instead.

The man's a warrior. :cool:

DarkHorse35
04-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I'd take my chances elsewhere instead of having to play in Cincy.

MUsoxfan
04-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I'd take my chances elsewhere instead of having to play in Cincy.

It's not a horrendous place to play. That division is wide-open. However, Dustin's 34 and doesn't want to finish his career in the minors. I don't blame him

TomBradley72
04-01-2007, 03:55 PM
He did ok all spring but then got hammered for 4ER in a third of an inning yesterday against the Marlins... I couldn't tell ya much otherwise, just what I was hearing listening to the game on MLB Audio.

You were listening to a Marlins/Reds exhibition game on the radio? :o:

Scottiehaswheels
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
You were listening to a Marlins/Reds exhibition game on the radio? :o:It was that or the Cubs... actually I kinda like the Reds for the Central this year...

IlliniSox4Life
04-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Good luck to Hermanson. Hopefully he can make a big league club somewhere else. That guy was a critical part of our 2k5 run.

TomBradley72
04-01-2007, 04:51 PM
It was that or the Cubs... actually I kinda like the Reds for the Central this year...

No worries...I had to drive to MN last weekend..spent the afternoon listening to the Brewers/Royals game. :cool:

I'll take the Brewers in the NL Central myself.

Hermie's a warrior...I wish him all the best.

SOXSINCE'70
04-01-2007, 06:13 PM
I'll take the Brewers in the NL Central myself.

IF (and that's a big IF) the pitching staff stays healthy
and Jeff Suppan proves his 2006 postseason wasn't a fluke,
the Brew Crew is as safe a bet as any team in the NL Comedy
Central.

MarySwiss
04-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I wish Dustin the very best...unless he winds up on the Tribe, or one of our other division rivals.

If he catches on with the D'Backs, I will be rooting for him all the way!

Brian26
04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I sent some baseball cards out this spring to get signed through-the-mail. I sent one to Hermanson at Reds camp, and it just came back in the mail today. He did a nice job of signing it with a blue sharpie, and he included a card for this product he is trying to sell: Monavie. The card also has his personal email addy, and he wrote a nice note. Hermanson seems like a class act.