PDA

View Full Version : Ozuna to start in left on Opening Day

BainesHOF
04-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Just announced on the Score. I wouldn't read too much into it. Ozuna has hit Sabathia well in the past so you have to go with him. I still hope and think Podsednik will have a good year for us.

You gotta love Pablo though.

MCHSoxFan
04-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I agree. I love how Ozuna plays ball. I hope and pray Pods will be back to were he will be great. Honestly, if he is responsible, I think he will do great:D: .

Jerko
04-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I promise not to bitch if the Sox only use their opening day lineup 21 times THIS year.......

itsnotrequired
04-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Just announced on the Score. I wouldn't read too much into it. Ozuna has hit Sabathia well in the past so you have to go with him. I still hope and think Podsednik will have a good year for us.

You gotta love Pablo though.

Ozuna is 9-23 (.391) against Sabathia over the last two seasons.

DickAllen72
04-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Now if only Ozzie could be convinced to bat Dye third this year, maybe the Sox could beat some left handed pitchers.

CLR01
04-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Now if only Ozzie could be convinced to bat Dye third this year, maybe the Sox could beat some left handed pitchers.

I don't think Dye moving up two spots in the order is the difference between winning and losing vs left handed pitchers.

cbotnyse
04-01-2007, 11:52 AM
I love Ozuna, but I just hope his defense has improved, and continues to improve. He can be scary out there.

pearso66
04-01-2007, 01:03 PM
With his willingness to switch lineups, I don't know why he was going to go with Pods and Erstad to begin with. With a lefty on the mound, you'd think they would definitally have Ozuna and Anderson in the starting lineup, but, what do I know.

slobes
04-01-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm really glad to hear this. Pablo is money against lefties, and Pods never seems to be able to get a hit off of them. Pablo has led the Sox in spring training hitting 2 out of the last 3 years--while spring training doesn't mean that much, maybe his hot streak will transfer over to the regular season. With respect to Dye hitting third, Ozzie did hint that he's gonna try to mix up the order against lefties, whether it involves not starting Pods, or moving Thome from the 3 spot, or whatever.

04-01-2007, 01:17 PM
IMO Anderson should be starting vs. Sabathia also then. If Ozzie is truly doing his best Manual impression with the lineup flopping than why leave the Defense in the outfield vulnerable? Mine as well go all the way with it.

Brian26
04-01-2007, 01:40 PM
If it's windy tomorrow like it is downtown today, Ozuna's probably going to look like he did in that game at Kansas City last year.

soxinem1
04-01-2007, 01:56 PM
I love Ozuna, but I just hope his defense has improved, and continues to improve. He can be scary out there.

I just hope it is not windy tomorrow. Flashbacks of KC..........

infohawk
04-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Let's hope it's not windy on Monday!!!:o: