PDA

View Full Version : The PTI Man Wilbon Predicts Championship on Southside

kevingrt
03-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Interestingly Michael Wilbon thinks that KW knows what he is doing and the White Sox will win the championship again. He likes KW loading up on young arms. Hopefully it comes true.

Fuller_Schettman
03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Wilbon is the only dude in the whole operation worth a poop.

Ok, him and Dr. Jerry Punch...

DieTrying79
03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Interestingly Michael Wilbon thinks that KW knows what he is doing and the White Sox will win the championship again. He likes KW loading up on young arms. Hopefully it comes true.

Nice love from Wilbon, considering he's a die hard Cub fan.

Fuller_Schettman
03-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Yeah, interesting. Maybe he is thinking a Cubs/Sox series? Ugh!

Scottiehaswheels
03-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah, interesting. Maybe he is thinking a Cubs/Sox series? Ugh!Ugh? thats an easy championship....:D:

cbotnyse
03-30-2007, 06:24 PM
I want to echo every post before mine. :D:

Wilbon is the man.

gobears1987
03-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Yeah, interesting. Maybe he is thinking a Cubs/Sox series? Ugh!I hate the thought, but as bad as the Cubs are, the NL as a whole isn't much better than them so just about anybody can win the NL Pennant.

WhiteSox5187
03-30-2007, 06:30 PM
It doesn't mean anything!!! I don't care if Wilbon or anyone else picks us for first or for last, it doesn't mean a thing. Remember, CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE NOT WON IN MARCH!!!!

bryPt
03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Wilbon is 7 - 44 when predicting the WS champ in March. Time to worry.

Fuller_Schettman
03-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Ugh? thats an easy championship....:D:

I cannot imagine that is a series anyone here would want to see come to fruition. I mean what could be sweeter than sweeping them, but having to live in that HUGE shadow for a week would just be gross.

Scottiehaswheels
03-30-2007, 09:01 PM
I cannot imagine that is a series anyone here would want to see come to fruition. I mean what could be sweeter than sweeping them, but having to live in that HUGE shadow for a week would just be gross.True... but then we'd have bragging rights for another 100 years lol

thomas35forever
03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
It doesn't mean anything!!! I don't care if Wilbon or anyone else picks us for first or for last, it doesn't mean a thing. Remember, CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE NOT WON IN MARCH!!!!
Or the entire regular season for that matter unless you count playoff berths.

soxwon
03-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Ugh? thats an easy championship....:D:
ya think, if the two tangled i wouldnt doubt if the cubs win.
God Forbid that happens before we win our second.

WhiteSox5187
03-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Or the entire regular season for that matter unless you count playoff berths.
Well...you know what i meant.

IndianWhiteSox
03-31-2007, 06:24 AM

Wilbon is the only guy on ESPN worth a damn. I mean Kronheiser is more of a joker than anything else, so he makes PTI worth watching based on that, but Wilbon at least isn't always doing things with a bias.

I cannot imagine that is a series anyone here would want to see come to fruition. I mean what could be sweeter than sweeping them, but having to live in that HUGE shadow for a week would just be gross.

Yeah, but that one week of the Sox living the that Cubs shadow would vanish after the SOX swept them in the world series. Thus making them obsolete into the public eye for the next century or at least until thy win one.

True... but then we'd have bragging rights for another 100 years lol

That is also true.

Also, I would want the White Sox to win at least two more rings until the Cubs and Sox met in the world series.

WhiteSox5187
03-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Wilbon is the only guy on ESPN worth a damn. I mean Kronheiser is more of a joker than anything else, so he makes PTI worth watching based on that, but Wilbon at least isn't always doing things with a bias.
I agree that Kornheiser is there mainly for comic relief but he knows what he's talking about, he's not a blithering idiot. He was also the guy who coined the phrase "dream team."

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack, but I needed to get some love in for my boy Kornheiser.

BRDSR
03-31-2007, 12:48 PM

Oh my God...I forgot. I thought they were etching our name on the trophy right now because Wilbon said so.

It's March. What else are we supposed to talk about besides predictions? I can't wait till Monday.

WhiteSox5187
03-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh my God...I forgot. I thought they were etching our name on the trophy right now because Wilbon said so.

I'm glad I reminded you

Seriously though, to hell with predictions because truth be told, most of the guys I've read don't know the team. I mean after reading the preview in SI I was sitting there wondering "Have they ever seen this team play?"

MRM
03-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Wilbon is 7 - 44 when predicting the WS champ in March. Time to worry.

When did the Sox win the other 6? :D: Wilbon picks the Sox every year. Whoever said he is a Cubs fan is mistaken, he's a born and raised South side guy.

kevingrt
03-31-2007, 08:42 PM
When did the Sox win the other 6? :D: Wilbon picks the Sox every year. Whoever said he is a Cubs fan is mistaken, he's a born and raised South side guy.

He's a cubs fan. When asked the question who he would root for in the WS he leaned towards the cubs over sox.

jabrch
03-31-2007, 09:24 PM

Are you kidding? Nothing would be more fun than this city with BOTH teams playing in October.

Fuller_Schettman
03-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Face it, if the Cubs and Sox made the series this year, the White Sox would be the most overlooked World Series particpant in history. We would have to endure all of the stories of Cub Futility for 100 years, blah, blah, blah. And even after we swept them the crap would just continue to flow, blah, blah, blah...

Bob Loblaw

Frontman
03-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Wilbon is the only dude in the whole operation worth a poop.

I'll drink to that.:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Well, that and Dan Patrick, as he's the only source for sports from Noon-til-two every weekday. :wink:

Frontman
03-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Yeah, but that one week of the Sox living the that Cubs shadow would vanish after the SOX swept them in the world series. Thus making them obsolete into the public eye for the next century or at least until thy win one.

Sadly, that's not the case. Look at the spring training coverage, and the amount of Cubs ad nauseum we had shoved down our throats. Granted, the team was overhauled and that will get coverage, but the Sox are already "back burner" to most of the sports morons, both locally and nationally.

But honestly, let them keep selling out their dump. We'll keep hanging championship banners in our beautiful ballpark.

Nellie_Fox
04-01-2007, 03:23 AM
I agree that Kornheiser is there mainly for comic relief but he knows what he's talking about, he's not a blithering idiot. He was also the guy who coined the phrase "dream team."

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack, but I needed to get some love in for my boy Kornheiser.All Kornheiser knows about baseball is "Yanks Sawx." That's it. He really believes that rivalry is all that matters.

He's a cubs fan. When asked the question who he would root for in the WS he leaned towards the cubs over sox.Oh, yeah. Wilbon is born and raised in the south side, but he's a Cubs fan, and makes no bones about it. That's why I was so surprised when he picked the Sox to win it all this year.

Vernam
04-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes, Steve Sell, sports editor of the McPherson Sentinel in Kansas picks the Sox to win the division, the AL, and the World Series (over the Dodgers). See http://www.mcphersonsentinel.com/articles/2007/04/01/sports/sports1.txt

Who needs ESPN?! :cool: Sell doesn't offer much analysis, other than "The White Sox are poised to make a World Series run." I'm thinking there are a few dozen WSI members who are qualified to be sports editor of the McPherson Sentinel. But still -- world champs, baby! :bandance:

Vernam

oeo
04-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Yes, Steve Sell, sports editor of the McPherson Sentinel in Kansas picks the Sox to win the division, the AL, and the World Series (over the Dodgers). See http://www.mcphersonsentinel.com/articles/2007/04/01/sports/sports1.txt

Who needs ESPN?! :cool: Sell doesn't offer much analysis, other than "The White Sox are poised to make a World Series run." I'm thinking there are a few dozen WSI members who are qualified to be sports editor of the McPherson Sentinel. But still -- world champs, baby! :bandance:

Vernam

I don't know who this guy is, but he's a genius. These are basically my predictions with the exception of the Braves winning the NL East (Phillies).

This: "Everything can't fall just perfect two years in a row."
And this: "If anything happens to Johan Santana, the Twins should mail it in."
Are two things I've been trying to get across for weeks now.