PDA

View Full Version : Cubs also want Plesac?


Chisox_cali
03-20-2002, 07:25 PM
I know aint much credibility with ESPN but for what it's worth:

And Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi admits he's talking about a bunch of deals. Among those rumored: Shannon Stewart to the Yankees and Dan Plesac to the White Sox or Cubs . Stay tuned

From "Rumblings & Grumblings"

Pete_SSAC
03-20-2002, 07:26 PM
If he's such a big Sox fan, how much you wanna bet he retires if he thinks he's going to the Cubs.

:)

- Pete

Jerry_Manuel
03-20-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
If he's such a big Sox fan, how much you wanna bet he retires if he thinks he's going to the Cubs.


Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have swore Plesac said he either plays for the Sox this season or he doesn't play at all.

Daver
03-20-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have swore Plesac said he either plays for the Sox this season or he doesn't play at all.

He is under contract for this season to the Blue Jays,he said AFTER this season he is retiring unless he can play for the White Sox.

ilovemags30
03-20-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I know aint much credibility with ESPN but for what it's worth:



From "Rumblings & Grumblings" OH NOOOOO!!! they had him once before they aint gettin him again... and besides he said he stay in baseball only if the sox sign him... dannys a smart one.. only knows to go wit the best.. hehehe :)

NorthSideConvert
03-20-2002, 08:51 PM
Plesac?? Isn't that an ulcer medecine?

NSC

MisterB
03-20-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by NorthSideConvert
Plesac?? Isn't that an ulcer medecine?

NSC

He'd cure a few ulcers among Sox fans, that's for sure! :D:

RichH55
03-21-2002, 02:19 AM
Most likely some columnist heard he was a Chicago boy and wanted to come back and threw both teams out there in a blurb without digging any deeper

RedPinStripes
03-21-2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
If he's such a big Sox fan, how much you wanna bet he retires if he thinks he's going to the Cubs.

:)

- Pete

How long has he been with toranto? And exactly how does the 5-10 rule work? I need to be reminded .Can he reject a trade? It would be funny to see him reject a trade to the North side. :D:

Jerry_Manuel
03-21-2002, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by daver
He is under contract for this season to the Blue Jays,he said AFTER this season he is retiring unless he can play for the White Sox.

Thanks Daver.

spaz
03-21-2002, 07:10 AM
It's a testment to the sad state of or bullpen when we are fighting for the scrubs for the services of http://i5.yimg.com/5/433f27fc/g/ff534d4.jpg


expect plesac throw's left-handed I don't think matlock was a southpaw . just shows you the faults of the richie trade , aka killing are bullpen depth.

spaz
03-21-2002, 08:39 AM
hopefuly this works right this time



http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ODulq27XB4gC:home.nycap.rr.com/sithlord/GoZ/matlock.jpg
I don't think I'm southpaw