PDA

View Full Version : Grobber's 2007 MLB picks

Grobber33
03-30-2007, 11:37 AM
For those who care,,,here they are....

www.grobber.com (http://www.grobber.com)

Also,hello from Atlanta! In addition to Final 4,I'm at the Sox-Braves games tonight and Sat(at least for 5 innings until it's timeto leave for the Georgia Dome. Bulls-Hawks here Sunday too!
Enjoy

Jerko
03-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Grobber set those tabs better. Pitt is in the NL Central............ :tongue:

That's better.

Grobber33
03-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Grobber set those tabs better. Pitt is in the NL Central............ :tongue:

That's better.

It's fixed!! Thanks,should have noticed it myself!:angry: :tongue:

kraut83
03-30-2007, 12:39 PM

Also,hello from Atlanta! In addition to Final 4,I'm at the Sox-Braves games tonight and Sat(at least for 5 innings until it's timeto leave for the Georgia Dome. Bulls-Hawks here Sunday too!
Enjoy

Sounds like it's going to be a tough weekend for you. It's weeks like this I would love to have a job like yours! :gulp:

Scottiehaswheels
03-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Grobber, not to pick on ya or anything but I found the part about people predicting the Cards to fall to .500 humorous.. Ooohh a whole 2 games worse... :D:

chisox77
03-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Grobber, I hope you are right. I have some concerns about the pitching as well. It doesn't have to be quite as good as '05, but it has to be better than '06, or what it was this spring.

:cool:

Grobber33
03-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Grobber, not to pick on ya or anything but I found the part about people predicting the Cards to fall to .500 humorous.. Ooohh a whole 2 games worse... :D:

True,in the Regular season the Cards were mostly bad,,remember the games in which they got drilled on the South Side! Marquis was REALLY clobbered.They also got mostly hammered by an awful Cub team most of the year. BUT....they are the World Champs,so I'm sure Cards Fans could not give a hoot about their regular season record in 06. Whereas the Sox had the best AL mark in 05 and topped that off by winning it all!

BTW, hello from the Turner Field Press Box. Just got to say hi to Hawk and DJ!

chisoxmike
03-30-2007, 05:53 PM
True,in the Regular season the Cards were mostly bad,,remember the games in which they got drilled on the South Side! Marquis was REALLY clobbered.They also got mostly hammered by an awful Cub team most of the year. BUT....they are the World Champs,so I'm sure Cards Fans could not give a hoot about their regular season record in 06. Whereas the Sox had the best AL mark in 05 and topped that off by winning it all!

BTW, hello from the Turner Field Press Box. Just got to say hi to Hawk and DJ!

Good to hear from you Grobber! Hopefully your Sox pick comes true!

hose
03-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Les you have one heck of a job:bandance:

DSpivack
03-31-2007, 01:44 AM
Welcome to Atlanta!

BanditJimmy
03-31-2007, 02:18 AM
We need you back on over-nights Les!!!

Go Panthers (Von Steuben)!

DMarte708
03-31-2007, 03:05 AM
Hey Grobber, do you have anything from the inside to share? Perhaps thoughts of scouts, executives, etc. who watched the game?

I have to imagine people were surprised by Thornton's 9th inning. He was throwing three-degrees of filth up there.

IndianWhiteSox
03-31-2007, 06:18 AM

Enjoy

Sounds good to me.

:cool:

Grobber33
03-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Hey Grobber, do you have anything from the inside to share? Perhaps thoughts of scouts, executives, etc. who watched the game?

I have to imagine people were surprised by Thornton's 9th inning. He was throwing three-degrees of filth up there.

I'm 'told' that Jenks is still the closer,with Thornton and McDougal both available as 'wingmen' if need be. Things can always change,but come Monday,I would guess that Bobby will be the guy Ozzie goes to if a save situation come up in the 9th against the Tribe.

As I type this,another hit by Dye(in this Saturday game). Boy,,JD has had a red hot Spring as have Paulie and Thome

Nellie_Fox
04-01-2007, 03:17 AM
I'm 'told' that Jenks is still the closer,with Thornton and McDougal both available as 'wingmen' if need be. Things can always change,but come Monday,I would guess that Bobby will be the guy Ozzie goes to if a save situation come up in the 9th against the Tribe.

As I type this,another hit by Dye(in this Saturday game). Boy,,JD has had a red hot Spring as have Paulie and ThomeGrobber, come away from the dark side. We Sox fans want to welcome you into the fold. Do it. You know you want to.