PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Floyd and Javy Vazquez....

White Sox Randy
03-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Listening to KW talk about Floyd just makes me want to say," can't we find any guys with bad stuff that are really good pitchers ?"

I'd just like to win some baseball games.:D:

chisoxmike
03-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Que?

soxfan13
03-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Listening to KW talk about Floyd just makes me want to say," can't we find any guys with bad stuff that are really good pitchers ?"

:?: :gulp:

Jurr
03-30-2007, 11:18 AM
I was wondering when the "our guys have great stuff but bad makeup" threads were going to start. :rolleyes:

oeo
03-30-2007, 11:24 AM

Well, so far they're undefeated in 2007, so what's the problem?

White Sox Randy
03-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Well, so far they're undefeated in 2007, so what's the problem?

So far they look like a pile of manure. And, their history isn't much better.

soxfan13
03-30-2007, 01:23 PM

Sit back and relax for a few months then start spewing if you have to:rolleyes:

Fuller_Schettman
03-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Why wait when you can whine now and avoid the rush? :whiner:

PaulDrake
03-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Why wait when you can whine now and avoid the rush? :whiner: Why is voicing an opinion becoming more and more taboo? If you're not with the herd than you're whining, a loser, a cub fan, or just plain dumb. Screw that. Gavin Floyd looks like horse****, Danks isn't ready yet, we may be weak in any of the following: LF, CF and SS. Our veterans aren't getting any younger, and Buerhle and Contreras need to bounce back in a big way. That's reality folks. So lets start playing the games and see what happens.

WizardsofOzzie
03-30-2007, 05:31 PM
They're coming!!! :cower::cower:
:darkclouds:

TomBradley72
03-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Why is voicing an opinion becoming more and more taboo? If you're not with the herd than you're whining, a loser, a cub fan, or just plain dumb. Screw that. Gavin Floyd looks like horse****, Danks isn't ready yet, we may be weak in any of the following: LF, CF and SS. Our veterans aren't getting any younger, and Buerhle and Contreras need to bounce back in a big way. That's reality folks. So lets start playing the games and see what happens.

Everyone has their problems...Twins have Silva as their #2 starter, Tigers have Rogers injured and Verlander seems to have hit a wall last August, Indians have Borowski as their closer...let the games begin and we'll see how it sorts out. Floyd could settle in down in Charlotte...and be back with the club by Memorial Day...you never know when young players will turn the corner.

JB98
03-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Why is voicing an opinion becoming more and more taboo? If you're not with the herd than you're whining, a loser, a cub fan, or just plain dumb. Screw that. Gavin Floyd looks like horse****, Danks isn't ready yet, we may be weak in any of the following: LF, CF and SS. Our veterans aren't getting any younger, and Buerhle and Contreras need to bounce back in a big way. That's reality folks. So lets start playing the games and see what happens.

You know what? If Buerhle and Contreras pitch like top-of-the-rotation starters, we're a playoff team without a doubt. If Danks falters, we go to Haeger. Uribe is in shape this year. He's going to have a better season, IMO.

I don't like Gavin Floyd at all, but fortunately, we don't need him.

We need Buerhle and Contreras to step up, and we need a couple outfielders to step up. Those are our question marks. Those question marks aren't any more concerning than the question marks other teams have.

Remember, the Tigers have Chad Durbin in the five spot in the rotation now. The Twins have Ramon Ortiz, Sidney Ponson and Carlos Silva. Sure, we have issues. So do they.

PaulDrake
03-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Everyone has their problems...Twins have Silva as their #2 starter, Tigers have Rogers injured and Verlander seems to have hit a wall last August, Indians have Borowski as their closer...let the games begin and we'll see how it sorts out. Floyd could settle in down in Charlotte...and be back with the club by Memorial Day...you never know when young players will turn the corner. You're right. No one is a lock. Every season has its surprise teams and surprise players. Things could break right for the Sox. I still think the success of our big 4 starters is most important.

PaulDrake
03-30-2007, 08:19 PM
You know what? If Buerhle and Contreras pitch like top-of-the-rotation starters, we're a playoff team without a doubt. If Danks falters, we go to Haeger. Uribe is in shape this year. He's going to have a better season, IMO.

We need Buerhle and Contreras to step up, and we need a couple outfielders to step up. Those are our question marks. Those question marks aren't any more concerning than the question marks other teams have.

Remember, the Tigers have Chad Durbin in the five spot in the rotation now. The Twins have Ramon Ortiz, Sidney Ponson and Carlos Silva. Sure, we have issues. So do they. And you're right too. I'll bet some fans of the Tigers and Twins and Indians are voicing their concerns about possible shortcomings of their individual teams. I wonder if they're getting called crybabies and quitters too. It's a tough division, and it's going to be an interesting year.

sullythered
03-30-2007, 09:17 PM
4.34 ERA in 9 seasons isn't exactly a "pile of manure."
:rolleyes:

lumpyspun
03-30-2007, 10:02 PM
It's awfuly early in the season for one of these to be rolling in already...
http://chrisbrown.blogspot.com/uploaded_images/stormfront-745348.jpg

IndianWhiteSox
03-31-2007, 05:46 AM

Remember, the Tigers have Chad Durbin in the five spot in the rotation now. The Twins have Ramon Ortiz, Sidney Ponson and Carlos Silva. Sure, we have issues. So do they.

Thank you JB98, I was thinking the same thing. I mean let's be realistic about this for a second. The Sox still have a better starting four than most teams if not all teams in baseball.
:cool:

soxfan13
03-31-2007, 07:00 AM

Exactly leys play the games FIRST and then bitch and moan about whats wrong. I just dont understand the whining about players before the real games start.

PaulDrake
03-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Exactly leys play the games FIRST and then bitch and moan about whats wrong. I just dont understand the whining about players before the real games start. I try to strike a balance. The White Sox have some real weak points, and question marks in other areas. As a fan I'm allowed to point them out and be concerned. At the same time I recognize our divisional competitors have their own problems too. Baseball is a very hard sport to prognosticate, and part of the fun at least for me, is voicing opinions. Unfortunately the option of voicing opinions is being squeezed little by little around here. Only KW is a genius, Ozzie is the reincarnation of Casey Stengel, and the Sox are a lock seem to be acceptable views. As for the Sox, I was much more optimistic in 05 and 06 than I am this year, and I've tried to explain why. I don't see anything wrong with that, but apparently it's a minority opinion. I notice a number of good long standing posters absent from this place. Differing viewpoints should be encouraged. That at least 99% of the people here are hard core White Sox fans should be a given.

Jjav829
03-31-2007, 03:29 PM

We have one. His name is Mark Buehrle and according to some, he's already done at the age of 28. :rolleyes:

Bill Naharodny
03-31-2007, 03:55 PM
I try to strike a balance. The White Sox have some real weak points, and question marks in other areas. As a fan I'm allowed to point them out and be concerned. At the same time I recognize our divisional competitors have their own problems too. Baseball is a very hard sport to prognosticate, and part of the fun at least for me, is voicing opinions. Unfortunately the option of voicing opinions is being squeezed little by little around here. Only KW is a genius, Ozzie is the reincarnation of Casey Stengel, and the Sox are a lock seem to be acceptable views. As for the Sox, I was much more optimistic in 05 and 06 than I am this year, and I've tried to explain why. I don't see anything wrong with that, but apparently it's a minority opinion. I notice a number of good long standing posters absent from this place. Differing viewpoints should be encouraged. That at least 99% of the people here are hard core White Sox fans should be a given.

What he said.

DumpJerry
03-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Jeez. Let the guy express his opinion. We'll check back in June to see if it has any valid points.....