PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Rogers has a blood clot, not a tired arm?

gf2020
03-29-2007, 11:50 PM
There was a thread on Rogers' having a tired arm, but apparently something going on with his health that is being kept under wraps for now:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070329/SPORTS02/70329066

I hope the douchebag is all right. I want the Tigers to be completely healthy when kick their assess all over the field this season.

oeo
03-30-2007, 12:18 AM
I can't stand the guy, but I hope he'll be alright. Here's to coming back ASAP.. :gulp:

IndianWhiteSox
03-30-2007, 01:30 AM
If this is a major blood clot, then he will be out at least for a few months, eg- Kip Wells. this hopefully isn't like Kip Wells situation but for his sake hopefully the Cheater doesn't miss too many games from this.

:)

HotelWhiteSox
03-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Are we sure they weren't just playing the Gossip kindergarten game, and by the end 'dirt clump' turned into 'blood clot'?

But in all seriousness, hope it isn't anything serious beyond baseball, as I'd love to see the Sox smack him and his clean hands around

Luke
03-30-2007, 09:09 AM
You never wish that on anyone, I hope he makes a healthy return and then gets knocked around.

voodoochile
03-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Get well Kenny, just not too soon...

chisoxmike
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Well, tired arm for old man cheater is one thing, a blood clot can be serious. That being said, get healthy.

tick53
03-30-2007, 10:27 AM
In the previous thread I stated that I couldn't stand Rogers. Blood clots can be serious, I hope he's OK. I don't wish anyone bad health.

spiffie
03-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Get well soon...in retirement.

CLR01
03-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Out for 3 months. Had surgery today to remove a blood clot and repair some arteries in his shoulder.

Crede_Fan
03-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Out for 3 months. Had surgery today to remove a blood clot and repair some arteries in his shoulder.

Wow. Thats along time. Good Luck to Kenny!

The Racehorse
03-30-2007, 01:29 PM
I just heard Jim Rome on his radio show report that the Rogers had surgery to remove the blood clot, and that the Tigers are looking at him returning in July at the earliest.

The link below confirms what Rome said...

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/sports/baseball/mlb/pittsburgh_pirates/16995983.htm

Nellie_Fox
03-30-2007, 01:55 PM
It's good that they found it. I remember when J.R. Richard complained of a tired arm and people thought he was just dogging it. It turned out that he had a clot that broke loose; he had a stroke and nearly died.

Chicken Dinner
03-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Out for at least half the season.....WoW.

cheeses_h_rice
03-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Suddenly the AL Central just got a whole lot more interesting...

:gulp:

cws05champ
03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Welcome to the majors Andrew Miller....

Any word on if the blood clot was caused by the absorbsion of pine tar through the skin? :D:

The Immigrant
03-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the majors Andrew Miller....

Any word on if the blood clot was caused by the absorbsion of pine tar through the skin? :D:

They won't bring up Miller until much later. Bobby Seay is being called up to take Kenny's roster spot.

thomas35forever
03-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Tough break for the guy. Wonder how this'll affect the pennant race.

Whitesox029
03-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Only 5 of our ~18 games vs. the Tigers are in April, May and June, but it still might hurt them quite a bit against Cleveland or Minnesota.

Oblong
03-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Chad Durbin will take his spot in the rotation. Dombrowski said that Miller's also waiting in the wings if Durbin struggles.

I am wondering if it was done so soon because of the severity, meaning he was in immedite danger, or because of the timing, to get him back so soon.

I also think this is somewhat related to an issue he had in 2001. He actually had a rib removed because it was pressing up against an artery.

FedEx227
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I didn't know putting "DIRT" on your hand caused blood clots, but hey what'd ya know! :tongue:

Tough break for him, but I won't complain, the guy has been a dick most of his career and cheated last year.

Dibbs
03-30-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't wish anything bad for the guy, but at the same time I don't feel sorry for him. He's a real jerk, and one of my most hated athletes in all of professional sports.

RadioheadRocks
03-30-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't wish anything bad for the guy, but at the same time I don't feel sorry for him. He's a real jerk, and one of my most hated athletes in all of professional sports.

I second that emotion.

JohnTucker0814
03-30-2007, 09:57 PM

exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't "wish" that anyone got hurt... but i'm also not going to feel sorry when a guy that has been a complete jerk to other people openly... get what you deserve I guess...

voodoochile
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
No one deserves a potentially career ending or life threatening illness, period.

SOXPHILE
03-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Rogers coming back by July is the best, most optimistic, "if everything goes perfectly" guess. He may not come back at all this year, and the fact that he's over 40, this could very well mean the end of his career.

SOXSINCE'70
03-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Get well Kenny, just not too soon...

November would be a good month to come back.:redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
03-31-2007, 09:08 AM
A blood clot is a serious health condition, so I would hope the Tigers have this properly diagnosed and plan to give Rogers whatever treatment he needs to recover.

Having said all that, color me just a bit skeptical about what any team says about the condition of their key ballplayers, especially starting pitchers. They routinely lie and spread half-truths. And most ballplayers will hide the nature of their condition, too, including from the teams they play for.

I'm reminded of the ongoing joke from Jim Bouton's book Ball Four. Pitcher Steve Barber claimed he didn't have a sore arm, he was "just a little stiff." The guy could barely pick up a baseball...

Brian26
03-31-2007, 09:13 AM
No one deserves a potentially career ending or life threatening illness, period.

Correct, and any anybody who is rooting for another team to be stricken with injuries is opening themselves up to the karma express. I don't want to see Buehrle or Garland go down for four months, and I don't wish it on anyone else.

FedEx227
03-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Correct, and any anybody who is rooting for another team to be stricken with injuries is opening themselves up to the karma express. I don't want to see Buehrle or Garland go down for four months, and I don't wish it on anyone else.

It's not even a rivals thing, it's the fact that throughout much of his career he's openly been an ass to everyone and in the fact it was obvious he cheated quite a few times last year.

Of course I don't wish a blood-clot on him, but I'm not going to shed any tears.

Mickster
03-31-2007, 10:17 AM
I actually want to beat teams that are "full strength" just so that there are no excuses such as 'If we had player X, then things would have been different". I want CC Sabathia to pitch Monday. It will be a great duel with Contreras on the mound and it will be sweeter when we win. :cool:

Speedy recovery to the Gambler.....

JohnTucker0814
03-31-2007, 10:39 AM
I actually want to beat teams that are "full strength" just so that there are no excuses such as 'If we had player X, then things would have been different". I want CC Sabathia to pitch Monday. It will be a great duel with Contreras on the mound and it will be sweeter when we win. :cool:

Speedy recovery to the Gambler.....

I could care less if we beat people at full strenth or not... as long as we win. People have injuries thats part of the game, if our players stay healthy and they do not, maybe our strength and conditioning is better. Win.

sox1970
03-31-2007, 11:08 AM
I could care less if we beat people at full strenth or not... as long as we win. People have injuries thats part of the game, if our players stay healthy and they do not, maybe our strength and conditioning is better. Win.

Agreed. On Rogers, the Sox pay the Tigers 13 of the 18 games in the second half, so not a huge impact as far as haed to head.

Dibbs
03-31-2007, 01:07 PM
He wouldn't have been that good anyway now that the reporter attacking, pine tar cheat has been exposed.